Repro-1/Hive: Effects on/off and Mod Matrix midi learn missing

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you Brian.

A pity that blofelds FX aren't that good. I don't have any outboard FX anymore. This is therefore an important aspect.

If the Deepmind would have been earlier released i'd have probably never started my project. It has its own relatively comprehensive control panel, I don't know if it's worth to build a custom one for it. But man, Deepmind's midi implementation. Simply awesome. That's how i remember those charts in my synth's manuals. Please do that for plugins too, dear plugin developers!

Otherwise, one of the main aspects of my controller is plugin interchangeability. I mean, if i ignore the preset sync problem and use the controllers preset management instead, i could use some plugins nonetheless.

I've paused my synth controller project, but want to finsh it some day. So any news regarding total MIDI implementation/host automation? I still want/need to control all(!) parameters.

You've been told it probably (which I read: extremely unlikely) won't happen for some parameters because of their volatility, early on in this thread. I'd stop hoping right then and there if I were you, but...

As far as news, there are other things on u-he's plate that are in focus (new preset browser and updating other products with it, Zebra 2.8 update, work on Zebra 3) that don't concern MIDI/host automation.

I've been wondering why mod targets aren't automatable while mod sources are in u-he synths. I've heard the explanation before but I don't really see the potential target list changing any more in updates than the potential source list, so I don't see the difference. I guess taking Diva as an example when the digital osc was added, that did add some potential targets, whereas the potential source list didn't change. Not that it matters for diva since the mod targets are hard coded. But I suppose that could be the case for other synths? However I find it hard to believe that extra oscs or targets would be added for something like repro which is based on hardware. On the other hand it seems possible that new mod sources could be added. So that seems counter to the argument. Good to hear the effects on/off may some day be automatable though for hardware mapping that is actually useful (ie. not midi). And if there is some day four mod slots, then I'd be cool with just putting my four most used ones there and being able to control the sources via hardware. That would be nice, one can hope!

I'm not willing to give up on it yet :)

I still think it is possible and needed, not only for me but for others too. How about a special (aka 'not perfect') control mode for hardware controllers? If there is some additional logic needed (eg. FX order), i could implement some things on the controller side. But FX on/off and the mod matrix are essential.

Any news regarding MIDI implementation? Is there a roadmap for this? What about FX bypass for a start or all missing stuff but the mod matrix?

Please also look into full touch screen support. Some controls don't react when touched.

Thanks!

Just want to +1 the feature request for being able to automate effects on/off and ordering.

This would be very useful even if there are glitches due to automating these parameters during playback. Projects like the one described earlier in this thread would still be able to set parameters before beginning playback and also to read them to save for later (in order to automate preset-like functionality).

Perhaps this could be enabled by a "for advanced users, I know what I'm doing" sort of setting?

Bump since it seems that y'all are working on Hive right now :).

yaqh wrote:Bump since it seems that y'all are working on Hive right now :).
And I still don't know where to take the time from :neutral:

As I said, the FX on/off issue is on my radar, but I still can't say when. With the amount of work already going into Hive I'm not sure I can pull this off this time around.

Alright, thanks for the consideration anyway Urs, and maybe we'll get lucky!

It looks like bx_oberhausen has midi control for the mod matrix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mi-os wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:03 am It looks like bx_oberhausen has midi control for the mod matrix.
IMHO bx_oberhausen is a perfect example of what happens when developers prioritize feature list over quality.

drzhnn wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:32 pm
mi-os wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:03 am It looks like bx_oberhausen has midi control for the mod matrix.
IMHO bx_oberhausen is a perfect example of what happens when developers prioritize feature list over quality.
Sorry, i don't get your response.

If bx_oberhausen has full midi/host automation implementation it's simply great for MIDI controlling. I want to be free in what i can control. For my purposes i need everything.

mi-os wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:58 pm If bx_oberhausen has full midi/host automation implementation it's simply great for MIDI controlling. I want to be free in what i can control. For my purposes i need everything.
Yes, but can you midi control that "like" button next to the preset name? :hihi: Just kidding, sorry. Having full midi control over every parameter is great. My previous comment was about the overall quality of bx_oberhausen as a product.

Yeah, i can live without that like button stuff.

May i ask what's the problem with the quality of bx_oberhausen?

Return to “u-he”