Repro-1 sequencer output as MIDI in DAW ?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello i fell in love with Repro-1 sequencer - particulary the option to "STEP RECORD" a sequence and than play it back as arpeggio… WOW why nobody ever thought of this before… i tested most ARP plugins and none of them have "RECORD" let alone "STEP RECORD" to punch in patterns using your midi keyboard and than play them back at any key and speed… genius, simple, super easy was to create fantastic arpegios… way better than programming arpegios on the screen using numbers, sliders, matrix grids and what not… simply play the arpegio on keyboard and have the plugin record it and than play back… GENIUS

Now id love to use those patterns that i recorded in Repro-1 in my DAW for other purposes… is there any way to play those arpegiated sequences OUT OF Repro-1 so it can be captured or routed inside my DAW as MIDI

Iam using Reaper but also have other DAWs available (Ableton, Logic)

Thanks

One fine day we'll add a drag'n'drop field which lets you move a sequence to your DAW, and back.

Urs wrote:One fine day we'll add a drag'n'drop field which lets you move a sequence to your DAW, and back.
While I'm not the OP, what I like best about the RePro-1 Sequencer is it's ability to transpose the sequence on the fly. It's a great realtime performance feature. I feel like drag and drop of sequences, while nice, would be limited compared to a MIDI out. Then again, I have no idea if there are technical or format limitations that may be creating constraints on MIDI out.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Urs wrote:One fine day we'll add a drag'n'drop field which lets you move a sequence to your DAW, and back.
While I'm not the OP, what I like best about the RePro-1 Sequencer is it's ability to transpose the sequence on the fly. It's a great realtime performance feature. I feel like drag and drop of sequences, while nice, would be limited compared to a MIDI out. Then again, I have no idea if there are technical or format limitations that may be creating constraints on MIDI out.
I never understood why DAWs don't let you transpose MIDI sequences on the fly - using MIDI. Logic had something like it with Touch Tracks but I don't even know if that's still a supported feature.

Reaper can do that, in some way, I think.

EDIT: Yeah, you could write a JS FX that would use MIDI input to transpose what's on the track, I'm pretty sure.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bitwig can do as well with API, pretty sure at least.

In Logic select the region and click +12 in the inspector. The same goes for tracks. Isn't that "on the fly"? Not sure what you're talking about.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:In Logic select the region and click +12 in the inspector. The same goes for tracks. Isn't that "on the fly"? Not sure what you're talking about.
via Midi

Ok, then no, it's not on the fly. Maybe you can setup something in the Logic environment. But there is no "native" solution for that, not that I know of.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Bizarre, isn't it? The most obvious live performance option for MIDI sequencers...

I bet Numerology and Bidule have it built-in.

Pretty sure that Hollis Research "Trackman" (great early MIDI sequencer for Atari ST) already had that feature. If not, you could use its script language "MIDIman" to make it so.

it would be super awesome to use the sequencer on other midi tracks !
so whats the progress with the drag and drop `?

wanne wrote:it would be super awesome to use the sequencer on other midi tracks !
so whats the progress with the drag and drop `?
We're still working on a poly version. Which should go into the next round of beta testing soon, but it'll still keep us busy till the end of the year.

[edit: to clarify, by "working on a poly version" I meant Repro-5 itself, not a sequencer. Repro-5 won't have a sequencer]

Urs wrote:Bizarre, isn't it? The most obvious live performance option for MIDI sequencers...
It is. I still use my old Yamaha QY 100 hardware sequencer as a practice tool for guitar and it is great how well it transposes entire multi track patterns from one key to another and how well it modifies the chords and bass lines to match the original mood of the pattern. Ok, the sounds of this device are very dated but the chord functions are still unmatched in the software world.

The old Cubase Atari had a 'plugin' called StyleTrax that worked in in a similar way (IIRC) but Steinberg dropped it when they switched to the Cubase VST line.

Opcode's Vision/Studio Vision Pro also did it. Made it very easy to find the best key fora song for a vocalist.

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”