Repro-5 public beta (Repro V1.1)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Yorrrrrr wrote:
exmatproton wrote:I see you implemented the Windows (drag) bug-fix as you did with the Diva beta. Nice!
The interface is stable and responding good when dragging the plugin around. :tu:
Yes, and some tweaks to Repro-1 interface as well. I hope the GUI drag lag fix was implemented in Bazille, Hive, etc. as well.
Yeah, saw that to. VEL at the env area, the key follow DOT at the filter, nice enhancements in the tweak area (love the microtuning addition on that page), poly filter, ... lovely update

A couple of small bugs in Velvet module:
- preset selector field is not available on MIDI Learn page
- preset selector field doesn't support scrolling with mouse wheel
- preset selector dropdown menu doesn't indicate currently selected preset

Both VST2 and VST3 versions are affected. I'm using Windows 10, REAPER 5.65 x64.

drzhnn wrote:A couple of small bugs in Velvet module:
- preset selector field is not available on MIDI Learn page
- preset selector field doesn't support scrolling with mouse wheel
- preset selector dropdown menu doesn't indicate currently selected preset
First two might never change, not sure (as these are indeed modified Satin presets which are being loaded), latter is on our todo list I think (if not, it'll will make it there).

zvenx wrote:Strangely, my previous favourites show up fine in Repro-1 on Mac in Cubase Sierra, but not in Repro-1 on Nuendo on Windows 10.
rsp
Yup, seems like you spotted a bug. Old favs and junk are being integrated into the new database on Mac, but it's not happening on Windows. Thanks a lot for reporting, I will file a bug report in our bug-tracking system, so this will hopefully get fixed soon.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Installed on an antique i7 930 with 12g memory
Windows 10x
Running 96/24 at 3ms

HQ and MC on, no issues in Cantible or Sonar.

Thank you, Berlin

Orlando, Fl

tasmaniandevil wrote:
zvenx wrote:Strangely, my previous favourites show up fine in Repro-1 on Mac in Cubase Sierra, but not in Repro-1 on Nuendo on Windows 10.
rsp
Yup, seems like you spotted a bug. Old favs and junk are being integrated into the new database on Mac, but it's not happening on Windows. Thanks a lot for reporting, I will file a bug report in our bug-tracking system, so this will hopefully get fixed soon.
If only I had the foresight to email u-he about a month ago and beg to be included in the beta testing.....
roll eyes.... :-)
I kid I kid.

rsp
sound sculptist

Also............ I keep clicking the settings icon (the cog wheel) as opposed to the on button below it......
This is based on the past way other u-he synths allow us to access their settings, including Repro-1.
Personally i would make the cog wheel the clickable item and lose the switch below it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Urs wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Would like a preference to initialize with (and keep) MC on. Saw there's an HQ preference but none for MC, which is the one I'd want.
As long as there are mysterious side effects of having MC on, e.g. on many instances, we'd rather have people make the conscious decision to turn MC on. In other words, we need more data before we can do this.
Just to add: this is using almost double the CPU usage of Diva in Divine mode here. Running an i7 4790k, Win 10 x64, Studio One v 3.5.2, VST2 x64.

RePro-5:
MC off - HQ off - 2 saw brass patch - a little bit of a release - no effects - 8 voices: play a 5 note C chord (C - G in the bass, 1st position triad in the right) and move up the white keys.

Result: first 5 note chord, CPU usage of one core is about 58%. Second 5 note chord - CPU usage jumps to like 88% then drops back down to 58% after a second or two (voice stealing I'm guessing). Play the same chord up the keyboard fairly quickly and CPU usage goes into the very high 90% range. With effects on, I can spike the CPU.

Diva:
MC off - Dive Mode - 2 saw brass batch - little bit of a release - no effects - 8 voices: play the same thing as above

Result: first 5 note chord, CPU usage of one core is about 53%. Second 5 note chord - CPU usage jumps to 79-80%. CPU never exceeds 80%.

So even with HQ off, RePro-5 still gets quite a bit higher than Diva in Divine mode here. I'm measuring CPU using the S1 CPU meter which shows the CPU usage of the maximum stressed core only.
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Ya this thing is killing my cpu. Craps out one core without MC on. MC seems to hover around half the cpu meter in bitwig.
But it's nice to look at a prophet 5 panel again. Was always my favorite to look at.
This is why strange side-effects or not, I still think an MC on by default option may be necessary. I literally spiked a 4ghz CPU (i7 4790k) within 30 seconds of opening the UI by playing some brass chords. If that type of CPU usage is a bug, then that's one thing, but if it's expected then...outside of massive CPU reduction (which couldn't come at the expense of quality), I can see people just throwing up their hands and declaring this unusable without ever figuring out there's an MC knob in the first place. Since this is a poly synth, and uses up a lot more CPU than DIVA, I think an MC on preference is going to be even more of a benefit here versus Diva.

I'd petition the court that if MC is on by default and if weird stuff starts happening, users can consciously turn it off. The first thing I do when I load up RePro-5 is turn it on anyway. Same with Diva. Not having a preference does me no favors as sometimes I forget and wonder why my CPU is going nuts, get annoyed at myself, and turn it on. If there's the potential to run into trouble because of it, I haven't seen it yet (or noticed) and I can always shut it off after the fact. This is why a preference would make sense to me. If issues with Multi-Core are limited to specific setups, that further supports making a preference for it IMO as I've never had issues.

I'd guess that 99 times out of 100 I'd want it on for the poly patches (maybe not necessary for single voice patches - but even there probably not so much harm).
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What a wonderful world! Thank you u-hé!

what does MC mean ?

Multi Core.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Multi Core.
rsp
thanks

Urs wrote:Have you tried changing the number of threads in the preferences? Does any setting give better results?
Your right, 2 cores much more behaves efficient then default 4. Above 4 cores doesn't change anything at all (read same as for 4 cores).
Later I'll try it on MBP with i7-4850HQ.
Urs wrote:We'd be interested to hear what CPU (with or without Hyperthreading) and what version of Live you use, maybe we can reproduce it that way.
I'm on MacPro 2013 with Intel E5-1620v2 (macos 10.13.1 & Live 9.7.5).
🇺🇦

Something weird going on with the HS Edge Nine preset in the Pads folder. If I play the preset without the DAW playing, it sounds fine. When I hit play on the DAW the preset sounds like it becomes affected by some fast modulation of some sort, making it sound bad. I'm pretty sure it's not intended. Using the 64 bit VST 2 version of Repro 5 in FL Studio 12.5.1. 64 bit, Windows 10.

Edit: tried it in Reaper, no problem. Seems to be an issue only with FL Studio.
Last edited by Vortifex on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What a beautiful synth ! It sounds soo great.

Thanks a lot. Great work guys !

Return to “u-he”