Zebra PC blog

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:The next two weeks or so will be all about bugfixes and stuff I might have overseen. In parallel I/we will work on the website, the manual, final presets etc.
Are you going to put up the dinosaur gallery as well?

Anyway, let's all just take it easy now for a few hours.
Except for you Urs, obviously! :hihi:

spritex wrote:Are you going to put up the dinosaur gallery as well?
Of course!!!!!!!! I definately want to let the world know what kind of gear Zebra sent to retirement... some amazing gems in there... the *only* dinosaur on my must-have list that's not yet been retired is a Jupiter8 - anyone out there who wants to retire it? I'd really like to have a complete gallery :hihi: (also welcome to fill gaps: SCI Prophet T8, Roland System 100M, Yamaha CS80, Moog Polymoog and System55, Oberheim OB XA)

Oh... another goodie still missing: Elka Synthex... someone *must* have it...

I'd also accept a PPG Waveterm with processor keyboard... or any PPG... same accounts for Fairlights, EMUs and Synclaviers :P

However, good news: The preset backup dialog is up and running, works without any hassle.

Later,

;) Urs

Boys, I'm pretty much at the end with my nerves. Some weird bugs kept bugging me.

I have a build for you, but it's only Zebra2, not Zebralette & ZRev for now. And it might crash for reasons I don't know yet. I didn't crash on me in Chainer and MiniHost, but it raised a strange exception while debugging. If you experience crashes, please let me know when they happen...

I guess I'll work a bit more on it over the weekend and then post way more final versions on Monday or so, including the add-on plugs.

http://www.u-he.com/Z2VST_Win210706.zip

Take care,

;) Urs

Thanks Urs.

I'll download and try it now.

Cheers Urs

It crashes on energyXT when trying to open the GUI (newest beta, works fine with other plugins such as the preview Zebra). You can load it though.

For some reason I was able to load it the first time I tried it and even entered my registration. But after that it crashes always. I even changed it for the non-registered version but it doesn't help.

Error:
Exception EAccessViolation in module kernel32.dll at 0000A250.
Access violation at address 7C80A250 in module "kernel32.dll". Read of address 029DD000.

(I have Windows XP pro with Hyperthreading ON.)

In Logic 5.5.1 you see no GUI at all! But you get no crash when trying to open it and you can play the init sound.

You can also play it in energyXT, btw.

I also tried MiniHost (didn't even know that such exits) - and it opens up all right with it like you said. So the problem shouldn't be with my computer.

It must be some GUI conflict with energyXT and Logic?

Actually, when you close MiniHost and open it again, the Zebra2 GUI has disappeared from it as well...

Sometimes I can get it to show up again after changing the VSTi in MiniHost to another in between, but this is not consistent.

spritex wrote:It crashes on energyXT when trying to open the GUI (newest beta, works fine with other
Same happens here; but only Z2 GUI crashes, not eXT and not even Z2 synth, because I can close Z2 GUI and re-open it (without reloading the plugin) - and all works ok. But anyway it can crash again on the next GUI opening.

Yep, that's how it goes here as well. At least we can play the init sound :-)

spritex wrote:Yep, that's how it goes here as well. At least we can play the init sound :-)
:o Actually time after time GUI opens ok and I can edit synth parameters and load the presets.

Ah, so that happens in eXT as well. It's quite rare to get it to show up though. A sneak peek anyway :-)

EDIT: Actually it is easiest to get it to show up in energyXT because you can just click away and try to get it open - ignoring the crash messages. I just got it open in 10 or so tries.
Last edited by spritex on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kangul wrote:
spritex wrote:It crashes on energyXT when trying to open the GUI (newest beta, works fine with other
Same happens here; but only Z2 GUI crashes, not eXT and not even Z2 synth, because I can close Z2 GUI and re-open it (without reloading the plugin) - and all works ok. But anyway it can crash again on the next GUI opening.
Same in eXT.

Also with Chainer - when I close the gui, then reopen it, Chainer goes *poof* and crashes.

Well, I've tried Z2 in Podium now - no crashes on GUI opening so far, but I've got an unexpected crash on selecting 'Bass' presets folder. And I can't reproduce it any more :?

I bet that GUI bug leaves some shady things "lingering" so I would blame all crashes to that at this point. It has to affect Podium as well since it affects all the others...

Hey, are the module presets supposed to be there? I mean ready made waveforms for the OSC's and so on. Also, I have no clue how to start the arpeggiator.

(EDIT: Figured out the arpeggiator. Play mode switch in Global/FX. Nice arp by the way!)

On a more positive: I think that it sounds even better than before - or maybe it's the new presets.
Last edited by spritex on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “u-he”