Repro-5: free patches thread

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Hi,

i did not find a dedicated thread for posting your free Repro-5 patches and so i thought i could start one myself.

If you post your patches in other Repro-5 threads they could be easily get "lost" with many posts not related to those patches.

Everyone at KVR is free to post his/her own patches here.

Best wishes,
Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

(This was already posted in another thread today:)

Attched to this post you find the first more or less "raw" version of the 38 factory presets from the patch sheets in the Prophet 5 Rev3.3 manua. The "Brass 2" patch is a variation of the "Brass" patch and that variation is mentioned in the patch sheet.

I used a "v2" at the end of the patch names as i also used some advanced features in Repro-5 like e.g. voice panning, velocity, aftertouch routing and Reverb FX.

With some patches i tried to fine tune using audio demos found in the web and also the presets in Arturia Prophet V3. Most patches are still "raw" without fine tuning which means they mostly use the setting from the patch sheets. Still in Repro-5 they do alraedy sound mostly great IMO.

With patches where having the Modwheel engaged is important i saved a certain mod amount with the patches using the small red arrow left to the Modwheel in Repro-5. With many patches i also routed aftertouch to the mod amount.

Will try to fine tune them further if i find some time but i will not waste too much time on that. Without a real Prophet 5 Rev3.3 for comparison it is difficult to do this properly. Audio demos and presets in Arturia Prophet V3 are mostly quite different for the same patches so i do not have the "ultimate" reference for corrections yet. Also audio demos for older Rev1 and Rev2 might not really fit to those in Rev 3.3.

UPDATE:
A common source for audio demos is Synthmania:
http://www.synthmania.com/Prophet-5%20(Rev.3).htm
Some of those audio demos are difficult to use for the purpose of fine tuning patches.

A video with P5 factory presets:
https://youtu.be/NoxHu1BVT-Q
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

(reserved for future updates/additions of my own patches)
Ingo Weidner

Attached is a small collection of 3 Synth Brass patches i created with Repro-5 "from scratch". More patches will hopefully follow soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ingo Weidner

Thanks Ingo.
rsp
sound sculptist

Ingo (and others),
Thank you for starting this thread and for the free patches! If anyone missed my take on the Uniglide with Resonance patch on the public beta thread, see the attached patch.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

My RP5 patches. Work in progress.

V0.3, 2017-12-20, 14 patches

Listing:

Cheap Piano.h2p
Detuned Piano.h2p
Lyre Bird.h2p
Moogy Brass.h2p
NoFM Piano.h2p
Noisy Sweep.h2p
Pulse with Mod.h2p
Saw Lead (mono).h2p
Sawyer Sweep.h2p
Sin Perc 2.h2p
Sin Perc.h2p
Vintage A-Choir.h2p
Wheezy Man.h2p
Yet another Piano.h2p
Last edited by Chris-S on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris-S wrote:My RP5 patches. Work in progress.
Thank you! Some nice patches in there.

Thanks guys :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Chris-S,
Thank you for the patches, I will try them out later.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Ingonator wrote:(This was already posted in another thread today:)

Attched to this post you find the first more or less "raw" version of the 38 factory presets from the patch sheets in the Prophet 5 Rev3.3 manua. The "Brass 2" patch is a variation of the "Brass" patch and that variation is mentioned in the patch sheet.

I used a "v2" at the end of the patch names as i also used some advanced features in Repro-5 like e.g. voice panning, velocity, aftertouch routing and Reverb FX.

With some patches i tried to fine tune using audio demos found in the web and also the presets in Arturia Prophet V3. Most patches are still "raw" without fine tuning which means they mostly use the setting from the patch sheets. Still in Repro-5 they do alraedy sound mostly great IMO.

With patches where having the Modwheel engaged is important i saved a certain mod amount with the patches using the small red arrow left to the Modwheel in Repro-5. With many patches i also routed aftertouch to the mod amount.

Will try to fine tune them further if i find some time but i will not waste too much time on that. Without a real Prophet 5 Rev3.3 for comparison it is difficult to do this properly. Audio demos and presets in Arturia Prophet V3 are mostly quite different for the same patches so i do not have the "ultimate" reference for corrections yet. Also audio demos for older Rev1 and Rev2 might not really fit to those in Rev 3.3.

UPDATE:
A common source for audio demos is Synthmania:
http://www.synthmania.com/Prophet-5%20(Rev.3).htm
Some of those audio demos are difficult to use for the purpose of fine tuning patches.

A video with P5 factory presets:
https://youtu.be/NoxHu1BVT-Q
Nice work Ingo! I've done a quick comparison with Arturia, and most of the patches sounds very similar between both synths. The one who is bugging me is 23 - Organ With Resonance. Pulse Width between Repro-5 and Arturia Prophet is very different, and I begin to think that maybe the patch sheet for this patch is wrong? Arturia sounds similar to audio demos, but Repro version is way different.

waltercruz wrote: Nice work Ingo! I've done a quick comparison with Arturia, and most of the patches sounds very similar between both synths. The one who is bugging me is 23 - Organ With Resonance. Pulse Width between Repro-5 and Arturia Prophet is very different, and I begin to think that maybe the patch sheet for this patch is wrong? Arturia sounds similar to audio demos, but Repro version is way different.
The patches in Arturia Prophet V3 are often very diffeernt from the patch sheets and i started from the patch sheets, not from the Prophet V3 patches whuile i had it opened for comparison. On the other hand ther were also patch sheets where i thought those could not be correct and i used the values of the Prophet V3 instead or a mixture of both.
As both the Prophet V3 patches and some audio demos available could be a bit confusing concerning what is "right or wrong" with some patches i just decided to keep it that way it currently is and took the freedom to do my own interpretation of certain patches.
Certain advanced features like e.g. high Resonance, PWM, FM, filter FM etc. also seem to soudn wrong in Prophet V3 at extreme settings while they seem to sound more properly with Repro-5. This makes a direct comparion difficult with certain patches.
Anyway as alraedy mentioned the patches are not fully optimized and/or fine tuned and everyone is free to change them the the way he/she likes.

Currently i have not much time to edit those patches or make new ones from scratch. Without having a real Prophet 5 v3.3 here (and also no other version of teh hardware) i do not have the "ultimate" reference to adjust those factory presets as close as possible.
If i find time for doing patches soon i would prefer doing new ones and/or recrating patches i alraedy programmed with other synths. This includes the free Synth Brass collection i had created for The Legend.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:The patches in Arturia Prophet V3 are often very diffeernt from the patch sheets and i started from the patch sheets, not from the Prophet V3 patches whuile i had it opened for comparison.
Nice! I did a comparison today, and while the patches on Repro-5 sounds better, at least most of the equivalent patches on Arturia sounds at least near. I used the video and the audio that you linked as a refecence, but as you said, without a proper Propget for comparision, is not a 100% worthy work.
Ingonator wrote: On the other hand ther were also patch sheets where i thought those could not be correct and i used the values of the Prophet V3 instead or a mixture of both.
Yes, this is what I tought about the 18 patch, by example.
Ingonator wrote: As both the Prophet V3 patches and some audio demos available could be a bit confusing concerning what is "right or wrong" with some patches i just decided to keep it that way it currently is and took the freedom to do my own interpretation of certain patches.
Certain advanced features like e.g. high Resonance, PWM, FM, filter FM etc. also seem to soudn wrong in Prophet V3 at extreme settings while they seem to sound more properly with Repro-5. This makes a direct comparion difficult with certain patches.
:tu:
Ingonator wrote: Anyway as alraedy mentioned the patches are not fully optimized and/or fine tuned and everyone is free to change them the the way he/she likes.
Nice! Most of them are really near between the audio demos and Arturia Prophet. It's just only 2 or 3 that are too much different. I will check with these sysex here (https://sites.google.com/site/klmar016/ ... h/prophet5) and try to see if I can make slightly better version of these patches that are more different and will upload it somewhere, giving you the credits for the original set, ok?

waltercruz wrote: Nice! Most of them are really near between the audio demos and Arturia Prophet. It's just only 2 or 3 that are too much different. I will check with these sysex here (https://sites.google.com/site/klmar016/ ... h/prophet5) and try to see if I can make slightly better version of these patches that are more different and will upload it somewhere, giving you the credits for the original set, ok?
Well the point is taht the patches in Arturia Prophet V3 are NOT the ultimate reference and many of the patches might sound wrong there.
The ultimate solution would be if someone with a real Prophet 5 Rev 3.3 (earlier versions got SSM chips instead of CEM) would take teh patches and fine tune them based on a comparison with the real thing.

Some of teh available audio demos and/or videos of factory presets are done in a way that makes them difficult to be used for fine tuning patches. For example certain demos use external effects and quite short notes played while you would need a dry sound (no FXs) and longer notes to do the adjustments.
Also teh fact which Piorphet 5 revison was used for the audio demo is important. With certain patches teh Rev2/Rev1 units obviously could sound quite different as they used different chips.
Both Repro-5 and the patch sheets i used from the manual are based on a Rev 3.3 Prophet 5 with CEM chips.
Ingo Weidner

Last night I had a chance to use the free patches that are shared on this thread. Thank you to everyone that shared (everyone had patches I liked), especially Ingo, who had so many to share. I have played a real Prophet 6 about a year ago, and a Prophet 600 in the mid eighties, though I don't think I've ever played a real Prophet 5. Though I have owned u-he's French competitor for years: that inspired me to see how Repro-5 compared to the French competitor for the Uniglide with Resonance patch: they sound rather different from one another at the same settings. I may do more comparisons in the future like that. Let's keep this thread going people! :)

Return to “u-he”