Repro-5: free patches thread

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Surely you mean 1:7+ comparisons ;-)

EvilDragon wrote:...which is exactly the point of having exact factory patches, especially for 1:1 comparisons.
Actually now that the original P5 factory patches are included with the Repro-5 factory patches i am happy that i did not waste more time in fine tuning those patches.
As i mentioend earlier here i am now more interested in doing new patches with Repro-5 and also in recreating patches i alraedy did with other synths (e.g. my Synth Brass collection for The Legend...) even if they might sound a bit different in Repro-5. Hope is that patches recreted from other synths might not just sound differnt but also better, at least for my own taste.

Besides all that even if the original Prophet 5 factory presets are only quite (compared to the overall amount of presets in Repro-5) there seem to be some that are really useful and overall those patches seem to show quite good what is possible with the synth.
Even if you do not want to use those "as is" several of the patches might be good starting points and/or an inspiratiion to do comparable/related new patches.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
The new Reease candidate of Repro-5 includes the Prophet 5 factory presets

:hihi:

Well, we hadn't known until two days ago, when we got a go from Dave Smith.

We'll furthermore publish a preset converter for SysEx, so any form of P5 factory preset will probably be available to anyone who finds the original data on the internet.

Urs wrote:Well, we hadn't known until two days ago, when we got a go from Dave Smith.

We'll furthermore publish a preset converter for SysEx, so any form of P5 factory preset will probably be available to anyone who finds the original data on the internet.
Thank you!!! All great news!

Urs wrote:Well, we hadn't known until two days ago, when we got a go from Dave Smith.

Some years ago at KidNepro i had bought a commercial Prophet 5 sysex bank that i loaded with Arturia Prophet V2 (and with Arturias patch converter also in V3).

That converter for Repro-5 would be great to load those patches there too.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks to all the free patch contibutors. This is a great synth.

Ingonator,
I thought your Prophet sounds ("factory set") sound quite good overall. I have not tried to compare the u-he factory set versus yours. I haven't tried every Repro-5 factory preset yet. How do you think yours compared to the u-he set? I guess I would be more inclined to make a patch that sounds good to my ears, as opposed to a patch that "perfectly" replicates an original hardware synthesizer factory set, but that's just me. Though I understand why u-he or others might try to replicate an original hardware synthesizer factory set as close as possible. There's no doubt some of the original Prophet 5 factory presets sound great, though that's just from hearing recordings, since I don't think I've ever played a real Prophet 5.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

I planned to focus more on Repro-5 until i also got the upgrade to Arturia V-Collection 6 which is really distracting... :)

Anyway in the instruments forum i posted an audio demo with a short improvistation using a layer of a preset in the updated/improved Arturia Piano V2 (V2 is a major update) and a Repro-5 synth strings factory preset ("HS Emo Strings") by Howard:

Ingo Weidner - RePiano-5 Part 1

For both sounds as an external FX Lexicon MPX Native Reverb was used.
Ingo Weidner

Yesterday i played with the new Arturia Clavinet V plugin and inspired by that i created my own Clavinet patch for Repro-5 called "Clav-ingo-net IW". This is not meant to be a 1:1 replication but more like my own approach to such sound. A proper replication of the real thing might not even be possible with Repro-5.

FWIW i checked the factory presets and there does not seem to be a similar patch while a few might be somehow close.

In my patch both Modwheel and aftertouch add filter tremolo which might be close to a wah wah FX. Besides that in the FX section only the "Sonic Conditioner" is added. For a bigger "chorusing" effect you could add additional fine tuning to Osc B. Currently this is at a very small or even at a mimimum amount.
An option would be adding the built-in Distortion FX in Repro-5.

Attached to this post you find the Repro-5 patch file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ingo Weidner

lads, some of you really good with sequences? can anyone help me out with this one, I kind of get the pattern and delay setting on this, but just can't hit that velocity-controlled filter right and just overall sound of this thing. https://youtu.be/BNkpb94Xyk4?t=198 and if you can, pls also explain that sort of plucked seq later on and delay on that. thanks!

shoot, now it hit me I posted this in a wrong thread as 5 don't have a sequencer. but ok, since both synths soon become one "Repro" product, maybe someone can still explain.

Two free patches below :-)

Repro-5 XI Demo

Factory Presets:
Drone = HS Growing to 600
Pad I = HS Growing to 600
Pad II = KEY Starburst Flutes
High Pluck = TUC Rex Bongo
Flute = Peace Flutes
Keys = HS Gentle Replicant
Keys II = TUC Keys in Space

My Presets:
Bass = Big Bass File
Lead = LEAD Unison Hard Sync Sweep + File

After alraedy having posted a Clavinet patch i just tried to create a nice organ patch that is also different from those i found in the Repro-1 factory presets in in some other analog emulations i own.

You will find the Repro-5 patch file of teh organ patch called "Repr-organ 1 IW" attached to this post.

Both Modwheel and aftertouch add vibrato and PWM and some Modwheel modulation is alraedy saved with the patch.
I recommend using this with an external rotary speaker effect where currently i use this with Xils Lab LX122.

Here is an audio demo of a short improvisation using my Repro-5 patch and Xils Lab LX122 as the only external effect used:
Repr-organ 1 IW + LX122_Demo 1

Adding a Chorus FX could be a nice option too. For this patch I already used e.g. ERS Dim D (based on Roland Dimension D).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ingo Weidner

Ingo,
The organ and piano mp3 demos sound nice; thank you for the free patches!

clangorous,
I like your latest mp3 demo: reminds me of a cross between Genesis and Alan Parsons Project. Thank you for the free patches!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Ingonator wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:You're 11 years late, Arturia's emulations were never that good in the first place. :P
I will not participate in the usual Arturia bashing. Even if the Minimoog and Prophet 5 might be replaced by other plugins for me now they still offer a bunch of interesting other synths that so far do not have replacements with the same quality as e.g. Repro-5. FWIW I would be happy to see a dedicated Matrix 12 emulation from U-He but so far Arturia got the only attempt on this one. Talking about Prophet V this includes the Prophet VS and the hybrid synth which are still great on their own.

On the other hand it took more than 10 years until another Prophet 5 emulation was able to replace Prophet V for me. For software synths this is a VERY long time.

If we talk about the CPU use vs sound quality ratio most Arturia plugin are still great anyway which is also true with the Prophet 5 plugin. Without multicore support activated Repro-5 uses around 10 times the CPU amount of Prophet V3.
Hear Hear... good post!

Return to “u-he”