Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

I tried that a while back. I'd say "not possible" for a range wider than a few semitones.

Yeah, I managed to get almost an octave out of it, but any more than that just ain't gonna happen.

Urs, could you include the FX bypass button and individual fx on/off in the midi assign destinations so we can switch them on & off via buttons on our midi controllers?

Don't know if it's really a bug or a feature, but both in Repro and in Diva the "Multicore" option is always deactivated when I open the project, also if I save it with the option active. Maybe it's only a problem for my DAW (Cakewalk Sonar X3), don't know, but always when I open a project I must go to search Repro or Diva plugin, open it and enable the multicore option

That is a feature.

EvilDragon wrote:That is a feature.
yes, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it was a deliberate behavior, even if I do not understand why. Sometimes I forget to activate the multicore after opened the project and immediately the audio engine skips and stops... not so nice :wink: Anyway, not a big problem, the superb sound of Repro or Diva compensate for everything

paologatto wrote:
yes, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it was a deliberate behavior, even if I do not understand why. Sometimes I forget to activate the multicore after opened the project and immediately the audio engine skips and stops... not so nice :wink: Anyway, not a big problem, the superb sound of Repro or Diva compensate for everything
1. You can always save a new Default Preset using your DAW (assuming your DAW allows for this).

2. There are a few reasons U-he doesn't want to allow to be on by default. One is that they have no idea what your project looks like and how your DAW is load balancing it. So in a busy project, where you could already have a busy core, turning MCore on could actually be worse than having it off by sending one or more already busy cores into the red. Another, and related, reason is that MCore adds a bit of CPU overhead. So in an empty project, MCore may be fantastic, but as you start piling on other synths and effects, it's possible MCore will actually degrade performance. Sometimes it'll help. Other times it won't.

Thank you for the explanation Funkybot's Evil Twin, there is no way to save the MCore state, also saving the plugin preset at level of DAW, it always start OFF. About balancing cores etc.. probably depends on the DAW, but with Sonar with MCore ON, everything works perfectly in any case (single track with Repro or Diva, or 50 tracks with many other things), but disabling MCore everything stop working :D
It should be just left to the user to decide how to set and keep that control. It's just my opinion obviously, maybe there are other reasons at programming level if this is works in this way with all U-he plugins (or at least Diva and Repro)

paologatto wrote:Thank you for the explanation Funkybot's Evil Twin, there is no way to save the MCore state, also saving the plugin preset at level of DAW, it always start OFF.
There should be, most DAWS allow you to save a plugin as some sort of template or preset, in some like Reaper it's a track template, in others like Waveform or Kore 2 you can save a version of the plugin as a preset with multicore on.

Wow release of Repro banks is really taking off, these synths are so musical. I suspect by the end of the year there may well be more banks released for these 2 than for any other plugin this year.

paologatto wrote:
Actually, when saving a host project, the state of the Multicore button is also being saved. But there are a few hosts where this doesn't work reliably if multiple instances of the plugin are used. It's a known problem.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Is there a pre-fx panning available in Repro1 and Repro5? Also would but great if the delay and reverb could be routed to output 3/4.

Velocity to cut off matrix doesn't work in FL Studio in Repro-5. If you set the Depth to minus it works but not to plus.

satak wrote:Velocity to cut off matrix doesn't work in FL Studio in Repro-5. If you set the Depth to minus it works but not to plus.
Hmm, works ok over here (tried with FL Studio 12.8 ).
Do you have an example preset available?
I guess it might simply be a setting in the preset, maybe the filter envelope is also used, already opening the cutoff, so you won't hear the effect of positive velocity > cutoff modulation. Or something similar.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Hi Guys

Is it just me or is "Tag this preset" missing in the latest Repro-1? v.6794
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “u-he”