How About Some Less Expensive Synths?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(when synths like Harmor come up I sneakily mention Zebralette in reply)

tony10000 wrote:How about one that is less than $100 and has a streamlined UI like Serum?
How about letting devs do what they do and people seeing if they like it rather than ape everyone else's design? There's plenty of space for creativity. There's no need to turn this area into a monoculture.

As I said... we have probably played out all possible scenarios. Half-a-Hive, Twice-a-Zebralette, Un-Modularized-Bazille, Quadruple Cheese, Tyrell Pro. Sure, any of those would make us money. But none of them would make us as much money as Repro, while each of them would delay Zebra3, Hive redesign & NKS, Diva update, MFM2 new UI + granular feedback, Filterscape make over, Uhbik make over and whatever the future holds for ACE and Bazille.

I can assure you that if we did a survey and asked our existing customers which they prefer, they'd prefer the updates over some inexpensive synth whose grounds have already been covered by the products they have.

Urs wrote:As I said... we have probably played out all possible scenarios. Half-a-Hive, Twice-a-Zebralette, Un-Modularized-Bazille, Quadruple Cheese, Tyrell Pro. Sure, any of those would make us money. But none of them would make us as much money as Repro, while each of them would delay Zebra3, Hive redesign & NKS, Diva update, MFM2 new UI + granular feedback, Filterscape make over, Uhbik make over and whatever the future holds for ACE and Bazille.
Anything in the drum/percussion modeling dept. ? 8)
Urs wrote:I can assure you that if we did a survey and asked our existing customers which they prefer, they'd prefer the updates over some inexpensive synth whose grounds have already been covered by the products they have.
Genau. Althouh this would perhaps be about reaching out to new customers.

"... this would perhaps be about reaching out to new customers."

Agree...more customers is good, no?

tony10000 wrote:"... this would perhaps be about reaching out to new customers."

Agree...more customers is good, no?
What is to you ? :) even from buisiness standpoint in VST instrument market its not a bright idea for U-He brand (wich is already established and has a name wich associates with QUALITY, LUXURY). Its not like everyone is creating music or producing something. Sure you can offer new yoghurt with zero sugar to reach new customers in food market :)

"As I said... we have probably played out all possible scenarios. Half-a-Hive, Twice-a-Zebralette, Un-Modularized-Bazille, Quadruple Cheese, Tyrell Pro. Sure, any of those would make us money. But none of them would make us as much money as Repro, while each of them would delay Zebra3, Hive redesign & NKS, Diva update, MFM2 new UI + granular feedback, Filterscape make over, Uhbik make over and whatever the future holds for ACE and Bazille."

I get that...I just think there is room for a break out synth under $100 with the u-he touch.

tony10000 wrote:"As I said... we have probably played out all possible scenarios. Half-a-Hive, Twice-a-Zebralette, Un-Modularized-Bazille, Quadruple Cheese, Tyrell Pro. Sure, any of those would make us money. But none of them would make us as much money as Repro, while each of them would delay Zebra3, Hive redesign & NKS, Diva update, MFM2 new UI + granular feedback, Filterscape make over, Uhbik make over and whatever the future holds for ACE and Bazille."

I get that...I just think there is room for a break out synth under $100 with the u-he touch.
Thats the thing YOU THINK. And that id a gambling because you dont have a proper market analysis/study. Dont you think?

Market is saturated with high quality sub 100synths. Synthmaster 1/2, Ana 2, some other synth by Dimitry Sches (i dont remember the name). They all do similat thing and i bet there are even more synths that i havent heard :)

And during sales you can take even most of expensive synths under 100 eu.

Have a look at this section of a great interview with Urs. Followed by Freeware a minute or so later.
CompetitivePricing.jpg
https://youtu.be/5_iksWWAFSU?t=212
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I want Zebra3 in 2018 and will tie down and gag anyone who tries to get in its way. tony10000 where do you live? :troll:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Ana2 is $133 US on sale (normally $190). Thorn is $119 US. Synthmaster is the only one consistently under $100.
Last edited by tony10000 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I want Zebra3 in 2018 and will tie down and gag anyone who tries to get in its way. tony10000 where do you live? :troll:

I'm not tellin'. Anyway, carry on Urs...I want Zebra 3 as well!

Urs wrote:...Un-Modularized-Bazille,...
To even play with that thought..really? I mean what would you even call it, Gesundheit! ?

tony10000 wrote:OK, then...if nobody wants less less expensive synths (so u-he can conceivably make some more bucks), then how about some more free synths like ZebraCM, BazilleCM and Zebralette?
No thanks... I want more expensive synths

tony10000 wrote:
Please no... Give us a 'break out synth' (whatever that is) for $180

I want new synths that have the u-he dedication to detail, character and quality I expect. I want to pay more for it so that they stay happy to keep making cool stuff for us :tu:

EDIT: and I don't want anything else before Zebra 3

Also, I would love an update to Bazille (before anything else new) that focused on workflow... with functionality like copy/paste between Osc's and linking of modules plus a few new tricks and improvements. Be happy to pay for it.

Return to “u-he”