Need help setting up Autopan w two filters in Zebra/Zebrify.

Official support for: u-he.com
timyork
KVRist
110 posts since 10 Jan, 2005

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:42 am

I'm trying to build a patch in Zebrify that with two separate filters - hi pass and low pass. I want the filters to sweep, and for each filter to autopan, but in the opposite direction to each other. The filters need to work in parallel. I can't figure out how to get two filters working at the same time. If I put them in two separate lanes only one works. Not quite sure how to start with this, if anyone can help..?

Just to re-iterate - the two filters need to be parallel, not running through each other, so each effect is distinctive in it's own right and panning in the opposite direction, or at least sweeping left and right at different times (probably some randomisation is best)..

As in this tutorial for The Drop, between 10m and 14m:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJi3Za8Sdys

EvilDragon
KVRAF
17158 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Need help setting up Autopan w two filters in Zebra/Zebrify.

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:49 am

Right-click the filter in second lane and set it to Input 1. Now both filters are parallel. Also add something BEFORE the filter in first lane (like Mix1 module), so that you can tap the signal before it hits that filter.

timyork
KVRist
110 posts since 10 Jan, 2005

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:33 pm

EvilDragon wrote:Right-click the filter in second lane and set it to Input 1. Now both filters are parallel. Also add something BEFORE the filter in first lane (like Mix1 module), so that you can tap the signal before it hits that filter.

Perfect, thank you!

Howard
KVRAF
3646 posts since 23 May, 2004 from Bad Vilbel, Germany

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:53 pm

I don't think you need that MIX module. (BTW maybe a single XFM could also do the job - worth investigating!) See attached. BTW I used Input 2 for esthetic reasons.
Droppish Pan.h2p.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aaron aardvark
KVRian
1482 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:11 am

Howard,
Thank you for the patch, I will try it out later. :)

Return to “u-he”