Latest Builds: Diva 1.4.3 (beta)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tony Ostinato wrote:i can't seem to save a preset to the midi programs folder and the programs there seem to have changed their order so that things i already had setup aren't coming up right.

i reverted back to previous version and it seems ok now.
This sounds like you are on MacOS High Sierra, correct?

First, if you want to save presets into the MIDI programs folder, please make sure that you have set the "Save Presets To" setting in the Diva preferences to "selected folder".

Also note that in order to make the newly saved presets work with program changes, you will have to restart the host. Only then will the MIDI program change list be updated to include any new presets.

And about the wrong order of presets: This was an issue introduced by the new file system in High Sierra.
The presets were not sorted alphabetically anymore.
This has now been fixed in this new beta-version (revision 7114).
So they are actually correct now, and were sorted the wrong way before.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

melodyz wrote:Hi ti seems that the search bar doesnt let me type anything in there. When I click the search box the cursor flashes 1x and then leaves the search box. I can type like 1 letter before it does this (or none at all)

I also lost my midi controller setup. Is there a way to recover it? I found a file called midiassign from the previous install. Do I drop that in?
About the problem with the text search field:
Which operating system (Windows7, 8, 10, ...) are you using?
And which host (Cubase, Reaper, Ableton Live, ...) do you use, and with which plugin format (VST2, VST3, AAX, AU). 32bit or 64bit?
I know that there are some issues with the text search field in ProTools on Windows. But all other hosts I tested should work just fine with the search field.

About your problem with the MIDI controller setup:
If you just updated your old installation by installing into the same location as before, there should be no problem, your old MIDI controller setup should just show up and work.
Thus I suspect you either removed the old files before installing the new version, or you did install into a different location. Could this be the case?

If that's the case, then you just need to locate your old installation, and find the com.u-he.Diva.midiassign.txt file (that's probably the file you mentioned). Take this file and place it in the same folder in the new installation location. There might already be a new, empty file with the same name in the new location, just delete that one.
But make sure that your host and Diva are not running while you move the midiassign file around.
After having placed the old file in the new location, start your host, load the plugin, and it should show your old controller assignments again.

has the bug been fixed where Diva just outputs a subsonic high voltage signal, and stays like that?
just using 1.4.2 and experienced it again. have this occasionally, but didn't see any mention of this.
screenshots attached.

using live 10 on win 64
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dermage wrote:has the bug been fixed where Diva just outputs a subsonic high voltage signal, and stays like that?
just using 1.4.2 and experienced it again. have this occasionally, but didn't see any mention of this.
Do you have an example preset which produces this problem reliably? I suspect it might be one specific module causing this under special circumstances, but without having any more clues, it might take a while to find out where the problem comes from.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
dermage wrote:has the bug been fixed where Diva just outputs a subsonic high voltage signal, and stays like that?
Do you have an example preset which produces this problem reliably? I suspect it might be one specific module causing this under special circumstances, but without having any more clues, it might take a while to find out where the problem comes from.
I can save this preset for you and send it to you later.

After this happens Diva is in a kind of deadlock state and keeps outputting the noise, regardless of what knob i turn or what state the DAW transport is in. Unfortunately this only happens occasionally, so not straight reproducible. I will update to the 1.4.3 today i think.

dermage wrote:I can save this preset for you and send it to you later.
Yes, this would be great. You can send it to support @ u-he dot com, if you don't want to post it here.
Tried it, but couldn't reproduce the problem yet, so a preset would certainly help a lot.

Oh thank you for releasing a new beta version with a fixed preset browser. It was driving me mad.

Still hoping that Diva will get filter you can open "more" to make it sound a bit brighter than now :-)

Many thanks for fixed preset browser!

tasmaniandevil wrote:This beta comes with an all-new preset browser.
Excellent!! Although I am eagerly waiting for a Diva2, this was actually my second most wanted feature (my number one would be a sequencer like in Repro-1). Now you guys have given me the jolly work of mapping up 1000+ of my presets. Need to bulk up on coffee before I start that job :lol:

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:
tasmaniandevil wrote:This beta comes with an all-new preset browser.
Excellent!! Although I am eagerly waiting for a Diva2, this was actually my second most wanted feature (my number one would be a sequencer like in Repro-1). Now you guys have given me the jolly work of mapping up 1000+ of my presets. Need to bulk up on coffee before I start that job :lol:

/C
Excellent news! I'm a big fan of your presets :party:
No blender presets, but great production oriented stuff...
Last edited by alexpen on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks a lot for saying that.

My only problem with mapping up my presets is regarding the one word that makes me almost run away:

beta

:lol:

Been through too many beta cycles where changes suddenly come out of nowhere and you have to start redoing all previous work, and I really don't want to do that. I'll be jumping on the beta as soon as I feel no major changes in the tags will be coming. I'll speak with the guys over at u-he and see if they can give me a green flag.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Those sorts of cases have been extremely rare with u-he. I wouldn't worry so much.

There doesn't seem to be any change in tags as they are now.

We meet tag changes with automatic updates.

To elaborate on the tags as they are in this beta:

Before, in older Diva versions, tags were already implemented but slightly hidden as we didn't have a tag browser yet to use search via tags.
Now that they can actually be used in Diva's new browser, I overhauled them a bit, added, removed and renamed a very small number of tags based on user and sounddesigner feedback, then reworked the tags in the factory library presets.
This should barely be noticeable for most though, as this is now the first time that a lot of users will be exposed to our tag browser in Diva and the tagged factory library.
From now on, they're not going to change in ways that breaks tags in other soundsets. At most, something might get renamed, or a new tag might be added. At most!
Which means: tag to your heart's content!

The search functions, favourites and re-mapping on Mac's make such a difference. Thank you

Return to “u-he”