Looks like Behringer is making RePro Controller

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

markus.schloesser wrote:Nope, don't even know about them. Could you you elaborate?
Hmmm... not sure I can say much about them other than, they were designed for Repro 1.0 but they don't work in 1.1.

If that isn't it, would you mind telling support at u-he dot com about these issues? There's a lot going on atm, I'm not sure anyone is checking the forums...

Urs wrote:
markus.schloesser wrote:Nope, don't even know about them. Could you you elaborate?
There's a lot going on atm, I'm not sure anyone is checking the forums...
Someone is checking the forum, just not on a regular basis atm, because of "lots of stuff going on". :)

I installed the 7-day demo of the Akai VIP software, but so far I had no crashes at all when using our plugins in VIP in Ableton Live.
But one thing you could try is to go to the plugin settings in VIP (in the lower right corner of the VIP GUI), and deactivate the "smooth preset transitions" option, and see if this helps to reduce or even eliminate the crashes.
We had one other user who had such crashes (not only with our plugins, but with others as well), and deactivating this option stopped the crashes for him.
So this might even be a problem in the Akai software, and not a bug on our side (can't say this for sure, of course).
That QA guy from planet u-he.

I get that some people like VIP, but the VIP software is BUGGY. I have an Akai Advance 61 and it’s a great keyboard if you don’t use it with VIP. VIP is basically a browser and U-he’s browser is way better. VIP also handles the midi mapping, which U-he also does better.

Urs wrote:Ok... we'll try to get a VIP keyboard then... not sure when...
You don't need a VIP keyboard, you just need VIP. I can get you set up with that. Just PM me and I'll make that happen.

Most of VIP plugin crashes are caused by plugins being a little funky when receiving single presets from hosts. This is a feature of the VST spec that is often overlooked, and not tested very much by plugin developers.

I tried again this week and somehow cannot get it to crash anymore. It was either the last vip update or the latest ableton one which fixed it.

Return to “u-he”