Zebra HZ v2.8 update. Any ETA yet?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys.

First post in the forum, but have been lurking a while. Big fan of U-he products. Currently own Zebra 2.8, Zebra HZ 2.7, Diva, Repro & Presswerk.

Anyway, just wondering if you folks at U-He have an ETA for the Zebra HZ update to the 2.8 GUI. It is my preferred method of using Zebra due to the Diva VCFs & VCA Comps. Cant wait to see how those Diva modules are implemented into the new UI.

Any news would be welcome.

Also if we could get a full octave pitcher on the oscillators in the new Zebra layout, that would be fantastic. It's the only feature still missing from a 3rd Party Plugmon UI I used to use before the 2.8 update. 2.8 UI is better than the mod i use IMO, although i do like the way the mod handles modulation. 2.8 just looks so much nicer & those HUGE wavetable editors!!!! so yes!

#notsurewhen

Yep, problem is, we have a max of 32 modules in the racks. We have to rewrite that part and make it work differently. This takes time, and I need to figure out when I have that time.

No worries. Patience is a virtue & all that. Just another future update to look forward to.

Urs wrote:Yep, problem is, we have a max of 32 modules in the racks. We have to rewrite that part and make it work differently. This takes time, and I need to figure out when I have that time.
So I guess another 6 months then? :(

No, we're bypassing the issue for now. Our graphics artist has started on a new skin today where the Diva filters remain in the bottom tab.

Boooooooo! :(

EvilDragon wrote:Boooooooo! :(
If figuring out a solution took resources off Z3 development, pushing that out a few more months (in addition to current delays) would you still want it? I think best thing for everyone would be to allow Urs and a few of his people begin to focus on Z3 rather than stopping to try to build new features in ZHZ. Just makes more sense in the long run.

Well, Hive has precedence over ZHZ atm... gotta get this out, it's overdue (if you look around carefully, you'll see me hint at new features which are not part of the current beta effort).

ZebraHZ with 8 MSEGs, Wavefolder and NuRev is a quick fix if we keep the Diva filters where they are - good especially for new presets and unicode serials. Plus, Hans really wants that preset browser. Then, as Z3 needs it anyway, we'll have another update of ZHZ with unlimited number of rack units.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
If figuring out a solution took resources off Z3 development, pushing that out a few more months (in addition to current delays) would you still want it? I think best thing for everyone would be to allow Urs and a few of his people begin to focus on Z3 rather than stopping to try to build new features in ZHZ. Just makes more sense in the long run.
Yes, I would still want it, because that would also mean that Z3 could have more than 32 modules in its grid, as well...

Urs wrote:Then, as Z3 needs it anyway, we'll have another update of ZHZ with unlimited number of rack units.

Yaaaaaaaaaay! 8)

Urs for the win :)
Rsp
sound sculptist

EvilDragon wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Yes, I would still want it, because that would also mean that Z3 could have more than 32 modules in its grid, as well...

Urs wrote:Then, as Z3 needs it anyway, we'll have another update of ZHZ with unlimited number of rack units.

Yaaaaaaaaaay! 8)
Having just bought ZHZ, I'm 1) looking very forward to the new skin and broswer, and 2) let's get those Diva filters up top already! :x

:wink:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:let's get those Diva filters up top already! :x
It'll happen :clown:

Sorry for the silly question, but will I be able to load sounds I've created in Zebra 2.8 into Zebra HZ once the update is complete?

Yes, ZebraHZ is basically Zebra2 + extras, it can do anything Zebra2 can do, so it can load and play back anything Zebra2 can load and play back. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Return to “u-he”