Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Time to get that A/C in, Urs. :tu:
From Amazon: "Typical time till delivery: 1-3 months"

We might actually get some when they're on special in Winter, to prepare for next year.
Plan B: Time for a vacation then :party:

Living in the Caribbean and checking the temperature online, I didn't initial see why this was a huge issue, till I just real urs said there is no a/c...

Yikes..
Rsp
sound sculptist

Hell if I need an A/C fast, I go into home electronics shop and order an off the shelf A/C right then and there. Might as well die while waiting on Amazon. :D

:oops:
zvenx wrote:Living in the Caribbean and checking the temperature online, I didn't initial see why this was a huge issue, till I just real urs said there is no a/c...

Yikes..

You can't quite compare Carribean climate with the one that we have over here. 35°C that you get is not the same 35°C we get here :)

Urs wrote:Today is gonna be 26. Coldest day in three weeks. I'm going to the office to open all windows to chill it down.
Thank you :D

Urs wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Time to get that A/C in, Urs. :tu:
From Amazon: "Typical time till delivery: 1-3 months"

We might actually get some when they're on special in Winter, to prepare for next year.
Good move Urs :party:

A man after my own heart....

Confusious say,"Smart man buy bicycle in winter" :wink:
No auto tune...

EvilDragon wrote:These days Europe is above 30°C day after day, and humidity is high as well so it's f**king unbearable.
Lol 35-37C is our normal summer temp in Johannesburg.. a heat wave clicks the mercury at 45C in South Africa.. but this winter has been on ave 10degC hotter than previous years..

Could be that HARP thing in the ocean :o

surreal wrote: Lol 35-37C is our normal summer temp in Johannesburg.. a heat wave clicks the mercury at 45C in South Africa.. but this winter has been on ave 10degC hotter than previous years..

Could be that HARP thing in the ocean :o
It is like this in Australia....

On the west coast,it is a dry heat,but when you get up north,it becomes really humid and quite "saunarish"...

I had a friend come out to my property on a hot summer day,and he said that the outside ambient temperature was 47 degrees celcius...

I like to stay inside on those days....

Like a Mexican sitting under the shade of a large cactus...

On the east coast,they have their own thing going on with the weather :wink:
No auto tune...

Here in the southern United States, we typically have 35-38 (C) plus humidity for all of July and August, but everyone has A/C. No one should have to endure that without A/C! Stay safe.

surreal wrote:Could be that HARP thing in the ocean :o
Do you mean mermaids playing their harps so vigorously that they heat up the ocean? :harp:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Urs wrote:The current heat wave makes it slightly difficult to concentrate on things...
Maybe you are CAUSING the heat wave with all the work you're doing on Hive? Seriously, just release it already and all of Europe will be spared.

spunkmuffin wrote:
surreal wrote:Could be that HARP thing in the ocean :o
Do you mean mermaids playing their harps so vigorously that they heat up the ocean? :harp:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Fr ... ch_Program

in Sweden the major food stores stop selling outdoor portable grills :tu: (because we can just make a pile of grass and wait :tu: ) (been slightly cooler this week though... finally rain on Friday. *doing the raindance* Also, a moose came into my garden a couple weeks ago and took a swim in the pond.. this doesn't usually happen. Poor moose(s) and all animals. :/

It's because we have a deathwish. This planet is burning up & there is no way to stop it. Party time! :party:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Just wondering if u-he has any thoughts about Paula's WTF oscillator, and if there's a possibility that we might see anything like that in a u-he synth. I think it's a really cool idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhqTYfrli0&t=1s

Sound Author wrote:Just wondering if u-he has any thoughts about Paula's WTF oscillator, and if there's a possibility that we might see anything like that in a u-he synth. I think it's a really cool idea.
I'm not sure if it's an overly great idea though. You basically switch between two base waveforms at two points harvested from a PWM-like window. Depending on the similarity (or absence thereof) of the two base waveforms, you'll have multiple drastic changes in the spectrum, but they're not smooth sweeps.

It's however easily done with Hive's wavetable scripts. So I guess if we provide for a template, you can quickly try a few different waveshapes with that kind of method. (I could even add it as an option for the waveform interpolator built into the scripts...)

Return to “u-he”