Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Official support for: u-he.com
User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
13879 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:51 am

Another Hive wavetable...

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/HiveWT5.mp3

EDIT: Switched wavetables and slowed down the LFO speed

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/HiveWT6.mp3

User avatar
Delta Sign
KVRist
434 posts since 22 Jun, 2018

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:59 am

Sounds amazing! Nice work! :tu:

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
13879 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Thanks... The wavetable capability adds so much to Hive! And it is easy to work with. The interpolation sounds very good!

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/HiveWT7.mp3
https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/HiveWT9.mp3

spunkmuffin
KVRian
679 posts since 5 Sep, 2014

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Hehe 'HiveWT5' is very trippy. 8)
That last one sounds like some ultra-expensive hardware synth. Pretty impressive sound morphing. :love:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
13879 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:52 pm

It is pretty trippy huh :wink:

I just created a simple wavetable in Icarus, exported it and imported it into Hive. Works fine...

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/HiveWT11.mp3

Now I'm curious about WaveMapper 2...

User avatar
Sound Author
KVRian
574 posts since 8 Mar, 2008 from Crestview, Florida

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Image

User avatar
Urs
u-he
22408 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:08 am


knowix
KVRist
222 posts since 12 Nov, 2011

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:49 pm

I am kind of wondering how Hive is going to maintain brand separation from Zebra. There has to be something Hive does that Zebra can not. Otherwise, what's the point of its existence?

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
16914 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:55 pm

It's lower CPU usage, different sounding unisons, it's a much more fixed architecture.

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
13879 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:20 pm

and a fast (mostly) single window GUI

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
5667 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:40 pm

...and $50 cheaper (which may get even wider when Z3 is eventually released).

Some people just want something fast and efficient and don't want be bothered with complex synths with modular architectures.

mkruse
KVRist
40 posts since 6 Nov, 2017

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:27 am

EvilDragon wrote:It's lower CPU usage, different sounding unisons, it's a much more fixed architecture.
Could you explain this a bit please?

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
5667 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:50 am

mkruse wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:It's lower CPU usage, different sounding unisons, it's a much more fixed architecture.
Could you explain this a bit please?
Maybe I can help. It uses less CPU. You can run more of them. The unison, or stacked oscillator features are designed and sound differently. Zebra is pretty much a modular synthesizer. That means you can add or remove as many oscillators/filters/LFO's/Envelopes/etc as you need and your doing some work to connect them how you'd like. It's very flexible, but can be complex. Hive has a fixed number of pre-wired modules, which is what's meant by fixed architecture (i.e. not modular). Hive will be easier to use for this reason.

mkruse
KVRist
40 posts since 6 Nov, 2017

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:06 pm

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
mkruse wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:It's lower CPU usage, different sounding unisons, it's a much more fixed architecture.
Could you explain this a bit please?
Maybe I can help. It uses less CPU. You can run more of them. The unison, or stacked oscillator features are designed and sound differently. Zebra is pretty much a modular synthesizer. That means you can add or remove as many oscillators/filters/LFO's/Envelopes/etc as you need and your doing some work to connect them how you'd like. It's very flexible, but can be complex. Hive has a fixed number of pre-wired modules, which is what's meant by fixed architecture (i.e. not modular). Hive will be easier to use for this reason.
Cool. Thanks. What's the main different with the unison engine?

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
16914 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:32 pm

Just the detuning ratios are different, and pan spread is probably calculated differently.

Return to “u-he”