PRODUCTS

u-he-william wrote:
Harry_HH wrote: My suggestions are following:

Type 1: Prune
Type 2: Blueberry
Type 3: Mint
Type 4: Kiwi
Type 5: Pistachio

I already like those names. :) But please continue in the naming thread. (When it's online)
I'm on board with this vibe. I'd re-think "prune"...but it's defenitely headed in an identifiable and original direction.

Btw, there are no presets in this download yet, right? Just making sure I installed the whole package.

mevla wrote:It's a bit strange to run a u-he plugin using linvst in Linux Bitwig, since for a bit more than two years now u-he for me equates native Linux plugins. So let's give it a try...
Well... it crashes linvst big time. My policy when that happens is to wait until a Linux version is available. So I'll do that. Echobode, Echomelt, and Melda Spectral Delay are working fine anyways.

UI and description looks interesting though.

Cheers.
Is ColourCopy installed in
.wine/drive_c/Users/Public/Documents/u-he?
I think that's the best for u-he windows installs

I used wine-staging 3.11 and the latest linux Reaper,
and the linvst 2.1 embedded version for ubuntu 17x
(I installed in Mint18) As wunderbar as Bitwig is,
Reaper is always going to be the best at hosting
native-linux vsts. Even if you hatehatehate reaper,
you needneedneed it. In sports, they call it
home-field-advantage :wink:
Cheers

The green KEY control work fine with my keyboards but not with the pitch-bend: is it planned ?
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

Pitch bend working fine here.

zentatonic wrote:
u-he-william wrote:
Harry_HH wrote: My suggestions are following:

Type 1: Prune
Type 2: Blueberry
Type 3: Mint
Type 4: Kiwi
Type 5: Pistachio

I already like those names. :) But please continue in the naming thread. (When it's online)
I'm on board with this vibe. I'd re-think "prune"...but it's defenitely headed in an identifiable and original direction.
well i hope people don't get all carried away with this idea and decide we don't need a naming thread, because i have my own names i'd quite like the chance to post.

incidentally: pitch bend works for me, too. what operating system and DAW are you using?
Last edited by sleepcircle on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Good to see u-he do effects again - IMO there is a lot of potential there for u-he quality and -depth after all those synths.

absolutely, +1. Presswerk is my absolute favorite, most-used Compressor, and Satin is magical.... not to mention that I've used Uhbik regularly since 2009! In fact, I might use U-He effects more often than synths! (and I use the synths a lot...)

I'm very psyched about the upcoming Spring Reverb......

Dude. This is legendary.

Bows. Down. LOW.

Seriously in love with this thing. :D
Last edited by vvilms on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

----
Last edited by vvilms on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry for the repost; I was trying to make an edit.

EvilDragon wrote:With VST2 you won't get audio rate modulation in most cases, you'll be able to go as fast as one ASIO/CoreAudio/whatever buffer size at most. (So example, with 128 samples buffer size at 48k that's about 375 Hz if my late night math is still working. Go any higher and your modulation will alias.)

Dunno if u-he implemented sample accurate automation in their VST3s - that's something one of u-he peeps can reply to.
Ahh, interesting. Yeah, I'm curious too, even though I don't have a real application for it yet.

The saturation needs a boost... I find I'm struggling to get some crunch and only get it with max feedback (regen). This can be a very useful setting on a delay plugin (please release the beast - more saturation please).

The knob speed for the color selector is very slow, especially considering there's only 5 options. A an option to jump to each setting would be nice, or even an option to click on each type (to right of knob) to quickly jump between the settings.

I'm not a fan of the crossover settings between each color type because it feels like it looses power while changing color types making it unlikely I (can only speak for myself here) would want to use this on the fly.

It is a very smooth delay when changing timing, but beyond that I can't see much else that really stands out. I think I was really looking forward to some obvious coloring settings but these seem a bit subdued. Not trying to be negative since I'm always an u-he fan, but I want to give an honest opinion for whatever its worth.

FR: Maybe for a version 2... but I wish more developers would pick up on some of the useful features fabfilter utilizes in their dynamic plugins... When setting the threshold knob (on ducking) I keep wishing there was a circular meter ring around the knob. This would be more useful than the little light up "LED" indicator light.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the spring verb and I'm hoping that'll replace my spring IRs.

elxsound i think you get the crunch and action from adjusting the input—like with a guitar—not from the saturation knob.

edit: at least that's what I got from reading the manual.

sleepcircle wrote:elxsound i think you get the crunch and action from adjusting the input—like with a guitar—not from the saturation knob.

edit: at least that's what I got from reading the manual.
Its not much. You should be able to increase the input (and decrease the output) to get more saturation, but again it is not much. It is subtle, unless you increase the feedback knob to max and even then... its so-so.

As expected, this thing sounds fantastic. I was already excited about this knowing that it was based on Repro's Lyrebird, but I'm REALLY pleased with the different colours. I grabbed my guitar and cranked the Dyna Comp for those ambient Nashville licks. Sounds just lovely with the saturated feedback <3

EvilDragon wrote:Dunno if u-he implemented sample accurate automation in their VST3s - that's something one of u-he peeps can reply to.
No, we didn't. Because to by far the majority of users it is seen as a bug :o

Remember 2004, 2005? When a new VST came out, you could be sure one of the first things that came up in a thread was "does it have zipper noise when I turn a knob?".

Every developer added parameter smoothing to their stuff. "Dear God Of Compilers, don't let them hear any zipper noise!!!". That is, there's typically a filter or some kind of ramp which drags the parameter change out to around, dunno, 20 or 50 milliseconds, or a bunch of hundreds, if not a thousand samples.

Sample accurate automation only makes sense without such filtering. Without such filtering, people will come back being annoyed about zipper noise. No zipper noise beats sample accurate in my books.

That said, there are concepts for adaptive filters. Those can react a bit faster on sudden changes while smoothing out slow changes. I'm a bit on the fence with those because they need to smooth much more than linear interpolation to avoid audible zipper and they are a lot more expensive on CPU. Latter is difficult for a company with plug-ins that have many hundred parameters.

Return to “u-he”