Creating U-He skins?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

satYatunes wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:39 pm @joeyluck
In Windows - You should have the following folder within ZebraHZ.data folder
Support > Themes

Copy your skin folder to Themes folder then it will show up in preference settings.
Thanks. I had actually just done this and was coming back to report... I encountered an issue, so I think I'm missing a step or doing something wrong.

When I did this, I could then see 'original' and my theme for selection when opening the ZebraHZ interface. However, when I selected my theme, it froze. When I quit and restarted the host, and tried to load ZebraHZ, it froze. I had to delete my folder from the Themes folder.

My theme currently is an exact copy of the original (containing Fonts, Images, Modules, Scripts, and all of their contents) using altered images of the same file names, but with a different folder name.

[EDIT] Looking at other themes for Zebra2, I see they don't include Fonts and Modules folder, so perhaps that might be one culprit? I removed those, but still get the issue.

Ensure the new image files are correct size (width x height). Not sure if the file size matters but no harm in checking that.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:22 pm Ensure the new image files are correct size (width x height). Not sure if the file size matters but no harm in checking that.
Thanks for your help. Yes, they are all the same size. But also, these skins work when I overwrite the original.

I just replicated the original skin folder into a separate folder. I had problem loading the skin cause it wasn't able to read the script files. I noticed the original scripts folder has lot of scripts. I deleted all except zebra2orig.txt and zebrahzorig.txt. I renamed both to zebra2.txt and zebrahz.txt. Now I am able to load the skin.

Looks like something is creating problem when you replicate the original skin. Are you taking the above steps?
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:34 pm I just replicated the original skin folder into a separate folder. I had problem loading the skin cause it wasn't able to read the script files. I noticed the original scripts folder has lot of scripts. I deleted all except zebra2orig.txt and zebrahzorig.txt. I renamed both to zebra2.txt and zebrahz.txt. Now I am able to load the skin.

Looks like something is creating problem when you replicate the original skin. Are you taking the above steps?
Thanks I will give this a shot!

joeyluck wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:51 pm
satYatunes wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:34 pm I just replicated the original skin folder into a separate folder. I had problem loading the skin cause it wasn't able to read the script files. I noticed the original scripts folder has lot of scripts. I deleted all except zebra2orig.txt and zebrahzorig.txt. I renamed both to zebra2.txt and zebrahz.txt. Now I am able to load the skin.

Thanks I will give this a shot!
That was it! Thanks so much for your help :)

You are welcome. Will you be sharing a screen shot of your skin when done? Just curious ;-)
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:36 pm You are welcome. Will you be sharing a screen shot of your skin when done? Just curious ;-)
Well nothing fancy :) For now, I have some simple, basic adjustments here and there. For instance, in this example, I had just desaturated the color of the knobs. I like the overall look of the new skin, but there was just a bit too much red and yellow (between the displays and the knobs) and I found this small adjustment made it considerably easier on my eyes.

I do miss the old skin a bit, so it would be cool to see something that either uses its color scheme, or that recreates the entire look with higher res graphics. I'd also like to see an overall darker theme and something that incorporates more of the Dark Knight into the interface.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Another question :)

When sharing a theme/skin that was made on macOS, will sharing that theme's folder work for folks on Windows? Will the script files work or are they different?

Yes, it will work on both platforms. The location of theme folder is different. I have two commercial Hive skins on my site, no user ever reported any issues that's specific to a platform.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:10 pm Yes, it will work on both platforms. The location of theme folder is different. I have two commercial Hive skins on my site, no user ever reported any issues that's specific to a platform.
Great thanks! :)

Hi Guys, maybe this is a daft question... so if I have created a device skin how do I go about getting it uploaded to u-he’s device skins page?

Hi! I've also tried this, I'm in edit mode, but can't see the whole skin, is it normal? The right and bottom side is off the screen, i have to push the right arrow on my keyboard to slowly scroll to the right...
Tried this in reaper and fl studio - I saw the same behaviour.
Sceenshot from Reaper:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NnFH9 ... 1_H8hKhpmt

lfo2vco wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:45 pm Hi Guys, maybe this is a daft question... so if I have created a device skin how do I go about getting it uploaded to u-he’s device skins page?
I believe, if you post the skin in the "Patch Library" thread, it will eventually get uploaded.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=180090

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:44 pm
lfo2vco wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:45 pm Hi Guys, maybe this is a daft question... so if I have created a device skin how do I go about getting it uploaded to u-he’s device skins page?
I believe, if you post the skin in the "Patch Library" thread, it will eventually get uploaded.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=180090
Thank you :)

Return to “u-he”