Delta Phaser - A flexible phaser preset for Zebrify

Official support for: u-he.com
Delta Sign
KVRian
524 posts since 22 Jun, 2018

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:28 am

Hi people on the intertubez.

A few days ago I sent a track I'm working on to a friend of mine and he was amazed at the phaser I was using on one of the sounds. He guessed I used all kinds of crazy gear to achieve this effect, when it was "just" Zebrify in reality. I've been using Zebrify for pretty much all my phaser needs pretty much since it came out, so I thought it would finally be time to make a preset to make the process easier.

I thought I might as well share the preset. Maybe someone else finds it useful too. It's nothing too special, but it just does what it does really well. All important parameters are mapped to the XY pads (Thanks for making it possible to make fine adjustments to these!!!).

It looks like this:

And it sounds like this (The sound is dry at the beginning):
https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/delta-phaser-demo

A few things:
  • I just threw the extra phaser in there because I had an XY pad left, but it actually sounds kinda nice.
  • The effect is true stereo, so you can send stereo sound through it no problem.
  • I used a 90° phase offset for the left and right channel instead of the usual 180°. I always thought it sounds way nicer this way.
  • There is a tiny little audible bump each time the mod mappers wrap around. It's mainly audible at very low rates. Sadly there isn't anything I can do about that. I think there is always a little bit of smoothing on the saw LFO, even when slew is set to "off". It's not too much of a problem though.
Maybe someone finds it useful.
You can download the preset here.

Thanks to U-He for the great tools! And happy music making!

Howard
KVRAF
3653 posts since 23 May, 2004 from Bad Vilbel, Germany

Re: Delta Phaser - A flexible phaser preset for Zebrify

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:30 am

Lovely 90° offset :-) ...or whatever it is.

3ee
KVRAF
3639 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:06 am

sounds cool, thanks! :clap:

Delta Sign
KVRian
524 posts since 22 Jun, 2018

Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:36 am

I'm glad you guys like it! Credit belongs to U-He of course, I just put this together and made it conveniently usable after all :)

Return to “u-he”