Repro VST3 in FL Studio 20?

Official support for: u-he.com
Benjamin923
KVRist
95 posts since 4 Jun, 2017

Post Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:22 pm

I've been trying out the Repro demo and I can't seem to get the VST3 version to work in FL Studio 20 (latest build). The VST3 version of RePro doesn't seem to load properly. I get an error that I'm trying to load an fx into a generator slot. Can anyone else confirm if they have this issue?

tasmaniandevil
KVRian
517 posts since 22 Mar, 2005 from Germany

Re: Repro VST3 in FL Studio 20?

Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:19 am

Benjamin923 wrote:I've been trying out the Repro demo and I can't seem to get the VST3 version to work in FL Studio 20 (latest build). The VST3 version of RePro doesn't seem to load properly. I get an error that I'm trying to load an fx into a generator slot. Can anyone else confirm if they have this issue?
Are you using FL Studio on a Mac or on a Windows computer?
On Windows it should run fine.
But on Mac, FL Studio still has issues with VST3s.
VST3 plugins can "bundle" multiple plugins in one plugin file.
E.g. in the plugins folder, there will be only one Repro-1.vst3 file. This file contains both, Repro-1 and Repro-5.
But the Mac version of FL Studio cannot deal with this yet, so it doesn't know which plugin it should load and throws that error.
So, for the time being, you might have to use the VST2 version of Repro on Mac.

Benjamin923
KVRist

Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:04 am

I’m actually on PC. Are you sure it’s working correctly on the latest PC build? Diva VST3 works for me but not RePro.

Benjamin923
KVRist

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:09 am

Shared this in my Zebra thread but may as well share it here as well.

It is necessary that you use the plugin manager, with scan and verify on to use the VST3 versions of u-he plugins that house multiple plugins in a single file (Zebra, Repro). Once you scan and verify, you will have an entry in the plugin manager for the synth and effect version of these plugins, and you can add and use them in the host as expected.

Using quick scan will not work. This is the solution here.

Return to “u-he”