Is it a 'crime' to share the original free Beatzille archive ?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have the free Beatzille archive with all three Linux/Windows/Mac versions + user guide. Got it for free from VSTPlanet at that time. Is it a 'crime' of some sort ot share this archive now ?

Cheers.

mevla wrote:I have the free Beatzille archive with all three Linux/Windows/Mac versions + user guide. Got it for free from VSTPlanet at that time. Is it a 'crime' of some sort ot share this archive now ?

Cheers.
Read the EULA.

Russell Grand wrote:
mevla wrote:I have the free Beatzille archive with all three Linux/Windows/Mac versions + user guide. Got it for free from VSTPlanet at that time. Is it a 'crime' of some sort ot share this archive now ?
Read the EULA.
Please tell me on which page of the Beatzille user guide it's written.

Just search for something like "distribute" in the EULA. You'll probably find something along the lines of "You are not allowed to distribute...".

Just because something is free doesn't mean you can distribute it however you like, especially with a deal like this one between U-He and Beat, it would make the whole deal obsolete.

mevla wrote:Is it a 'crime' of some sort ot share this archive now ?
No.
Last edited by Chris-S on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Delta Sign wrote: Just because something is free doesn't mean you can distribute it however you like, especially with a deal like this one between U-He and Beat, it would make the whole deal obsolete.
Well, in this case, it is not even free. It is "magware".

And VSTPlanet is a really shady site, offering all kinds of things they shouldn't.

Delta Sign wrote:Just search for something like "distribute" in the EULA. You'll probably find something along the lines of "You are not allowed to distribute...".
Again, on which page of the Beatzille user guide is the EULA located ?

the EULA is most commonly encountered in the installation procedure ...

The only time that there is no possible criminal implications when you start a sentence with "is it a crime...?" is when you are about to state that "Is it a crime?" by Sade is such an amazing song that it is a crime not to know how great it is...
https://youtu.be/kIP7HPYSr-0
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Garzita wrote:The only time that there is no possible criminal implications when you start a sentence with "is it a crime...?" is when you are about to state that "Is it a crime?" by Sade is such an amazing song that it is a crime not to know how great it is...
https://youtu.be/kIP7HPYSr-0
It's not a crime that I still love her :love: :love: :love:

Remember the first time I saw her play this live (before the album came out so first time I'd heard it - sublime, flawless performance)

Russell Grand wrote:

Cheers.
Read the EULA.
The Bazille CM EULA actually says this:
This software may be freely distributed under the following conditions:

- this license agreement must accompany the software

- the software must be distributed free of charge, it may not be exploited commercially in any way

- the software is not modified so that its intended core functionality (as an audio plugin) is altered

- no parts of the software are reverse engineered, decompiled, disassembled etc..

- no text or graphic information (such as labels or copyright notices) are removed or changed
If I recall correctly, the Beatzille EULA said something similar, but I don't have it to hand to confirm so don't quote me on it.

:o

So I can actually upload it on my website, advertise with it, and anything? That's surprising.

Last year when I had questions about Tyrell-N6 it ended up being the same deal with the exception of linking back to Amazonia.de in that case. Urs did mention the older EULA's are dated and probably need a rewrite. You can address a question to him here on this post actually.

The license ELUA is located here: (Should be similar)
Bazille CM license location.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EDIT.

All right. The archive I got from VSTPlanet (first file) and it's unzipped contents:

Code: Select all

54355172 dec 24  2016 20k_Beatzille.zip
 10536710 oct 15  2015 BeatZille101Linux.tar.gz
 21695416 sep  1  2015 BeatZille10Mac.zip
 17487823 sep  1  2015 BeatZille10Win.zip
  5042255 aug 31  2015 Beatzille user guide.pdf
I untarred the Linux one and the license.txt file is in there. Same as posted here.
Last edited by mevla on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

That would be in each of the zip files, look there.

Return to “u-he”