Make user account at U-He.com ?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yesterday i aproached to an expierience witch actually was quite displeasing regarding u-he purchases and i thought why there is no U-he user acounts? let me explain my situation.

I have bought some U-he and Synapse Audio, D16 products who use the same MyCommerce/ Digital River commerce system and i dont know how they opperate but because of that system i have 3 different mycommerce accounts. First account was automaticly created when i got Repro, Diva, Presswerk wich is also merged with Punchbox, The Legend, DUne 2, dont ask me why it was done.

I also have bought hive but forgot about it so i suppose its 4th account my digital river have created for me.

Anyways so i bought Zebra HZ and Hive Science, another account, a week after i bought colourcopy, another account. And it bothers alot if you want to do a VAT refund, because you have to contact my commerce to ask for your newly created account details (wich also takes few days).

It wouldnt bother as much is they would just keep everything under 1 account, but not that they automaticly create different accounts for you, they cant even merge them without explaining the reason.

Screw MyCommerce :evil:

Sorry for rant :)

Why would you want to have an account on our website? MyCommerce is the more obvious place to have 1 account for all, as we can't see your dealings with Synapse and whoever else... you can actually make sure it's your one stop shop by logging in *before* any purchase.

You have a customer record at u-he, you enter your email address into the Account form and we send you an email with all your licenses.

This gives you exactly the same possibilities we would give you in a log-in account, only that it takes a minute or two to deliver the email, which is an estimated total of five shakes of a lamb's tail longer than it takes to log in to a "real" account.

Doing it the way we do it has the benefit that it enables us to keep zero user information "outside" on the web server, and instead store all of that sensitive customer info in-house, safe and protected behind yuge firewalls and DMZ-s and IDS-es on encrypted drives that our web server knows absolutely nothing about. Plus it lets us create a static HTML pages with an absolute dwindling minimum of dynamic scripting with PHP for the forms.

This completely eliminates any possibility that anyone could ever break in to our web server and gather any user information, like email or postal addresses, or passwords, or names, or account pseudonyms, etc. It also completely eliminates the possibility that anyone could break in to our web server and delete our database, or just your licenses. Because that data simply isn't there, and the web server doesn't know where to look.

What happens at Share-It/Digital River has nothing to do with us, we can't affect the way they handle customer accounts in any way.

If you have a Share-It account and you log in to it while purchasing, your purchase will be added to your existing Share-It account.

If you don't log in to Share-It while purchasing, they'll create a new "anonymous" (as in "not linked to any other") account for your email address, that's where the incrementing numbers at the end of the email addresses come from. If there already is an account for person@domain.com but that person didn't log in while purchasing, a new "anonymous" account will be created with the internal account name of "email address +1", e.g. person@domain.com2.

I asked Share-It before and their statement was that there's no way to merge accounts, so if you continuously purchase through Share-It stores (not just ours) without logging in, you'll have lots of .com2, .com3, .com4 etc. accounts in their system anyway.

We did have "log in to your account here" in our checkout form once, but all it did was lead customers to believe that they had created an account on our website.

You wouldn't believe the sheer amount of mails we got every week complaining that there was an error and the email address was added as person@domain.com2 or person@domain.com3 or something, or that people created an account during checkout and now couldn't log in to our website with it. So we eliminated that issue at its roots - we stopped displaying the Share-It account login, and suddenly all of those complaints stopped coming in. One less level of confusion.

If you don't want to pay tax on our products, just use the regular checkout form and pay with credit card. If you have a tax ID, you'll likely have a company credit card, right? During the checkout process, just click the blue "show more input fields" link, and it'll do what it advertises, which is show more input fields. One of them is a textbox to enter your tax ID, so enter it and pay with credit card, job done.

And if you do need a tax refund, you just send an email with your Share-It order number plus your tax ID to support at u-he dot com, and it'll take us about a minute to process that. (Doesn't mean we'll find your message that fast, but the request process is pretty simple for us.)

Either way completely eliminates any need to worry about how Share-It deal with accounts at all.
Makes life so much easier, instantly. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Thank you for explaining Rob. Now i get it why this happens. Althoigh i think it would be benefitial to all parties id there would be some notification or short explaination written during checkout or something like "dont forget to login to your existing share it account to avoid the trouble for us all :-D ".

But yeah it sums up all. Thanks again :-)

Return to “u-he”