Zebratron is live

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rockbottom wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:05 am
Howard wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:43 amFor Ctrl A and Ctrl B, just use a couple of CC knobs/sliders on your MIDI keyboard.
I'm not sure I understand this: Ctrl-A only works when it's an expression controller midi message, while Ctrl-B should be a breath controller message…

so (1) what's the point of changing the name of these controllers, since they cannot be easily redefined, and (2) how is it possible to pick a slider at random to simulate their use ?
You can redefine their ControlChange number on the MIDI table page. This works for each instance and is saved with song/project.

You can set their default ControlChange number in the preferences panel.

ah, thanks a lot!

I had read this explanation in the manual but didn't quite grasp it at the time…

:)

The User Guide to the Zebra Uhniverse says:

"Control A/B Default
The list of modulation sources in previous versions of Zebra2 included the fixed MIDI CC Breath (CC#02) and Xpress (expression pedal, CC#11). In version 2.8 we replaced these with a pair of user-definable CC sources called CtrlA and CtrlB, with Breath and Expression set as the respective default values to retain compatibility with older presets."

I could add "Change these to whichever CC you prefer: as long as you send Zebra those CC, the preset will respond correctly."

okay, thanks: now it is crystal clear to me!

Return to “u-he”