Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

That first "Waveshaping" script is great for flute/pipe type sounds :-)

8)

Two things to add. First, you can reduce the extent of the waveshaping by reducing the multiplier of table in the 'input' entry. Second, you can do some interesting things by changing the multiplier of index in the 'symmetrised' entry.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Not sure if it's been covered in this thread already, but what wavetable formats can Hive import?

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:15 pm Not sure if it's been covered in this thread already, but what wavetable formats can Hive import?
it's own .uhm and most .wav

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:17 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:15 pm Not sure if it's been covered in this thread already, but what wavetable formats can Hive import?
Specifically I was wondering about wav64 as I have been thinking about buying Hive and getting the Galbanum wavetables too, but not sure which format of wav I should get.

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:21 pm
Specifically I was wondering about wav64 as I have been thinking about buying Hive and getting the Galbanum wavetables too, but not sure which format of wav I should get.
wav64? :shock:

Quick check: Yup, these should load fine, but I don't think I ever tried. Internal storage format is 32 bit floating point though.

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Quick check: Yup, these should load fine, but I don't think I ever tried. Internal storage format is 32 bit floating point though.
Hmm, if you react like that maybe I should just go for the wav32... :hihi:

I was thinking of the improved fidelity, but if Hive is 32-bit internal then I guess I could save myself some money and just get the wav32.

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Looking at their shop, it seems they are 64-bit floating point. Honestly, I was thinking of picking up the 32-FP myself...

Also, is it possible to load Galbanum waveforms for use as LFOs in Hive? (feature request?)

Just bought Hive and the Galbanum wavetables, and ran into a problem; not sure if this is a bug or not, but something weird happened.

I installed Hive, and all worked well.

Based on instructions in the manual, I added the Galbanum folder to MacHD/Library/Application Support/u-he/Hive/Wavetables/

Going back to Hive, I refreshed the wavetables and now I can't access some of the factory wavetable folders from Hive.

I can see 'Additive' and the folder I added ('Architecture Waveforms 2010 Wav32'), but 'Complex', 'FM', 'Formants', 'Harmonics' and 'Simple' are no longer visible, nor is the command to refresh the wavetables.

The folders are still present when I view them in Finder, but Hive just won't display them anymore.

I am on Mojave, and this behavior occurs with Live 10.1 and Logic 10.4.6

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:56 pm Just bought Hive and the Galbanum wavetables, and ran into a problem; not sure if this is a bug or not, but something weird happened.

Based on instructions in the manual, I added the Galbanum folder to MacHD/Library/Application Support/u-he/Hive/Wavetables/

Going back to Hive, I refreshed the wavetables and now I can't access some of the factory wavetable folders from Hive.

I can see 'Additive' and the folder I added ('Architecture Waveforms 2010 Wav32'), but 'Complex', 'FM', 'Formants', 'Harmonics' and 'Simple' are no longer visible, nor is the command to refresh the wavetables.

The folders are still present when I view them in Finder, but Hive just won't display them anymore.

There's a maximum of 128 menus on macOS, and we set an internal maximum of 8000 menu entries.

If they're included, I recommend to use the Galbanum tables which contain multiple frames.

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:03 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:56 pm Just bought Hive and the Galbanum wavetables, and ran into a problem; not sure if this is a bug or not, but something weird happened.

There's a maximum of 128 menus on macOS, and we set an internal maximum of 8000 menu entries.

If they're included, I recommend to use the Galbanum tables which contain multiple frames.
Makes sense - I'll look at it again

KBSoundSmith wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:51 pmAlso, is it possible to load Galbanum waveforms for use as LFOs in Hive? (feature request?)
I'm a bit torn on this. I think it would turn Hive into a hit-and-miss concept. A great one, but still.

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:05 pm Makes sense - I'll look at it again
Maybe just use a few folders at first. I guess the number of waveforms is rather endless.

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:11 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:05 pm Makes sense - I'll look at it again
Maybe just use a few folders at first. I guess the number of waveforms is rather endless.
I removed the folder completely and restarted Logic and all was fine, so obviously I am hitting the folder limit.

Maybe I can go through the wavetables and add them as I find ones that I like rather than the entire collection all at once.

BTW - Hive is great!

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:10 pm
KBSoundSmith wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:51 pmAlso, is it possible to load Galbanum waveforms for use as LFOs in Hive? (feature request?)
I'm a bit torn on this. I think it would turn Hive into a hit-and-miss concept. A great one, but still.
I'm totally fine with the answer being "no" since I can see how it would be both practically and philosophically problematic for Hive. And from a user perspective, it even could be considered redundant, given the creative ways Hive's existing modulation options can already be combined. Just an impulsive thought, was all :lol:

Return to “u-he”