Orchestral Essence, an orchestral/hybrid soundset for zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

I just bought your soundset. First soundset I've bought for Zebra. ZebraHZ will be next :o)
Thank you and keep up the good work!
James

spray14 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:41 pm I just bought your soundset. First soundset I've bought for Zebra. ZebraHZ will be next :o)
Thank you and keep up the good work!
James
I hope you like it, Thanks!

The last version im about to update is way more complete so keep an eye on the thread.

Cheers to All!

Still working on the bank. Lately very, very busy with remote work (I work now for some companies on the web) and exceptionally as animator/videogame designer So in the little time I have Im still improving the bank.

Im going to release a beta for all users to try, but have in mind controls are still sloppy and many things to polish yet.
As soon as I release it I will post it. Thanks.

Looking forward to it

Hi!
LONG time without posting news. Been confined at home so had time to fix and update the bank. Soon you Will have the new versión ready. There are so Many fixes and additions that I cant enumerate them all. Im at the hospital here in Spain. Dont worry not for me, but helping a beloved one. Covid situation is not as bad as TV says and people is responsible.

As soon as I can get my hands on the computer ill post some vid or whatever.

Btw, ill soon release for free the small cousin of this bank for synth1 which is the base I used as starting point for orchestral essence. Its a mammoth bank, btw similar to the zebra one, but obviously more limited.

News soon, cheers to all and keep Safe.

Here is a long demo of the state of the bank now. As you can hear everything has been improved a lot. And still tweaking.
Its the theme of Hook, only for demo purposes... Im a very bad composer ;). All is zebra +default midi(dont forget old midi can sound well when mixed with other instruments). No automation! its the raw midi, only parametrics on each channel for clarity, one reverb and one compresor on the main, no more fx. Hope you like and keep an eye here as I soon will update the bank at last.

Cheers and keep safe!

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/hkzeb

Thanks for the update!
Kel wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:55 amAll is zebra +default midi(dont forget old midi can sound well when mixed with other instruments).
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "default midi" or "old midi"?
Kel wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:55 amNo automation! its the raw midi, only parametrics on each channel for clarity...
Interesting. Any chance you could share the MIDI file(s) so we can see how it's done?

ahanysz wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:28 am Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "default midi" or "old midi"?
Default midi on windows or linux, I mean GM instruments, on flstudio I use a plugin called Fruity LSD which allows to use the general midi bank included by default in windows on channels like VSTs or samplers do.
ahanysz wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:28 am Interesting. Any chance you could share the MIDI file(s) so we can see how it's done?
Just like all the demos I post, except some small experiments I do myself, all midis are from midi pages, and I dont do any changes. What you hear is what you get, without automation so you can hear the bank in its default state. Using automation and added FX can change the sound so much that can lead to deception. Thats why I always use one limiter, one reverb and EQS on each channel and master track to get clarity, which is why EQS are used on Daws, to unclutter frecuencies and allow them to sound in their proper space(i.e. clarity).

Cheers. You can get the same midi from this page: https://moviethemes.net .

Kel wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:45 amDefault midi on windows or linux, I mean GM instruments, on flstudio I use a plugin called Fruity LSD which allows to use the general midi bank included by default in windows on channels like VSTs or samplers do.
Oh gosh, I don't think I've used a general midi bank since about 2004! A bit of googling leads me to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_ ... e_SW_Synth Do people really still use this?

(Sorry, going a bit off topic here, maybe we should start a new thread for retro general midi discussion?)

Kel wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:45 amYou can get the same midi from this page: https://moviethemes.net .
Wow, that's some "classic" web design! Thanks for the link :-)

I know it's been a little while on this thread but I am new to Zebra and just discovered (and purchased) this nice soundset. I just wanted to say that there is some great work here. These are some great starting points for making some very expressive and playable instruments by adding modulations and such. Thank you Kel.

dscrof wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:24 pm I know it's been a little while on this thread but I am new to Zebra and just discovered (and purchased) this nice soundset. I just wanted to say that there is some great work here. These are some great starting points for making some very expressive and playable instruments by adding modulations and such. Thank you Kel.
You are welcome.

Im still doing changes to the bank and its starting to sound as I wanted from the start.

For example there are now crescendos & decrescendos, soft and strong patches, staccs for everything, new sections and Many fixes etc. And practically a year of work never updated because of lack of time. Coronavirus made me work on other things just to be able to pay bills, so no time for sound design. Just some hours when I could.

I Will release a beta for all the kind people who bought the bank and waited for long, even if its not finished, its worth to check out! I have more than 1000 patches to clean and put in order.

Thank you all.
Best wishes for this 2021!

Yes, please do release a beta soon! Don't wait until it's finished, or else we might be waiting many years! I'll look forward to hearing the new version.

Here is another small sketch. Well this time I took sometime to EQ a bit and master. Its a famous castlevania song, from SOTN(psx), wood carving partita. This is the state of the bank now, for strings... AS always work in progress...

BTW, Ill try to have a usable Beta of the new bank by next week so you can try... sorry for the delays. The bank now completeley replaces the old one, as this one has been revamped a lot. Cheers.

edit. Forgot to fix one track, fixed.

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/woodcarv-zebra

Kel wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:52 pm Here is another small sketch. Well this time I took sometime to EQ a bit and master. Its a famous castlevania song, from SOTN(psx), wood carving partita. This is the state of the bank now, for strings... AS always work in progress...

BTW, Ill try to have a usable Beta of the new bank by next week so you can try... sorry for the delays. The bank now completeley replaces the old one, as this one has been revamped a lot. Cheers.

edit. Forgot to fix one track, fixed.

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/woodcarv-zebra

I have bought your soundset, really great for specific usages.
Could you send your new Beta to the e-mail you got, would be great !
Thanks for that sounds !

Btw. I got 84 presets and 44 MSEGs from 03.2019, is this correct ?

Return to “u-he”