Dune 3 vs. Hive 2

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gael_ wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:59 pm @Urs I hope The Cat will be released soon though :) and I would love some cpu improvements for diva/repro
Sorry, but Repro-5 ate the Cat. The time we sat aside for the Cat was pretty much consumed by "we don't want mono synths, we want Repro to be polyphonic".

And there's absolutely no way to reconsider that after Z3, huh? :(

But now you know from the userbase responses, now you can make it a Cat+Voyetra 8 combo from the get go! ;)

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:21 pm And there's absolutely no way to reconsider that after Z3, huh? :(
But of course. I'd love to do the Cat. The way I wanted to do it (not poly, for starters)

Absolutely! I'm all for it. And Voyetra on the side ;) ;) ;)

Urs wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:14 pm
gael_ wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:59 pm @Urs I hope The Cat will be released soon though :) and I would love some cpu improvements for diva/repro
Sorry, but Repro-5 ate the Cat. The time we sat aside for the Cat was pretty much consumed by "we don't want mono synths, we want Repro to be polyphonic".
And I'm glad you made it polyphonic!
Yep whatever EvilDragon is requesting, I will buy :hihi:

You may want to reconsider that last statement a bit ;)

Got it, thanks Urs :)
And I think I saw mentioned that Zebra 2 and 3 will co-exist? So Zebra 3 wont be replacing 2?

Correct.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:59 pm Correct.

Urs wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:26 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:21 pm And there's absolutely no way to reconsider that after Z3, huh? :(
But of course. I'd love to do the Cat. The way I wanted to do it (not poly, for starters)
We want Cat. We need Cat.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:02 pm
The Cat: Because the Zebra needs a friend :)
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

david.beholder wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:02 pm
+1

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:07 pm
gael_ wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:59 pm @Urs I hope The Cat will be released soon though :)
Prepare yourself for some bad news. :lol:
The CAT is dead...it didn’t have 9 lives.

Urs wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:50 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:20 pm "Tentatively target next year for tangible results?" As in, "probably before December 31st 2020, but maybe not?" :x :lol:
Hehehe, as in: If all goes well, everything will be fine. But if, for instance, Apple decides to throw ARM processors at us, or, another example, if Steinberg decides to require some sort of certification process for VST3 which for whatever reason we fail - maybe just because we have presets with variable size - then there's no gurantee that we'll have enough time to spend on Z3. This is how it's been quite often throughout the past 8 years.

We did however remove the necessity to release a new product on the way. While we have a few potential candidates (and we do want to do a few other updates in-between, Bazille, ACE, Uhbik, mostly for maintenance), our recent sale with NI has given us the resources to keep going for a year or two.
I’d also add that while I’m probably one of the worst when it comes to “hey, how about Zebra 3?” comments, I’d add that the amount of free updates that Zebra 2 has had though the years clearly makes the current version mislabeled as Zebra 2. Any other developer would be already calling it Zebra 3... maybe even 4. You could probably easily make Zebra HZ into Zebra 3 (minus the Zimmer presets) and get people who don’t have Zebra HZ to upgrade, and then make what you’re working on Zebra 4. Train’s a bit out of the Station for that, but people should remember this when they talk about Zebra development. It’s not like we’re still all using something like the original Zebra 2 release.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Urs wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:15 pm
tony10000 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:46 am I wonder how the finished version of Hive 2 will compare?
Fewer tabs, lean design, fast results and no 2373 cinematic sound banks.
Damn it. I don’t get out my credit card unless I know a synth has at least 2373 cinematic sound banks.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “u-he”