Hive 1.2 - free update - adds wavetables and more

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Hi, what a great update! Think about buying this :) . I'm on Linux and wanted to check the wavetable feature. Some wavetables are not found by HIVE although they appear in the /.u-he folder. Here's a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/mWGvC6T.png

edit: Just found this thread: viewtopic.php?f=292&t=516349&start=15

Ericmosh wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:21 pm "Increased maximum number of skins from 10 to 20"

where are they and how to install them?

just wanted to mention there is an especially good skin coming from plugmon. keep an eye out for it. purple is the new black.

It's probably only me ... I find that even the previous sound (sets) are sounding better with 1.2. They have something richer, deeper.

Placebo :-)

Damn. Six pages already. That didn't take long. :lol:

Loving the update. I'm curious if it is possible to replicate the behavior of "Auto Rate" in "loop -->" mode in a way that is synced to host timing? I've tried routing an LFO to the position slider with saw-up wave but the results are slightly different.

Love the update, but i noticed a bug within FL Studio, if the mixer or any other module from fl studio is apearent in the screen and the closed or Hive is brought back, for few Miliseconds those synth parts that were covered modules appear Blank (white).

I wonder if the wavetables of Mutable Instruments Eurorack module Plaits could be imported to Hive. The code of Plaits is open source. I think the wavetables get even generated by code, so maybe a translation to the uhm scripting language is possible?

https://github.com/pichenettes/eurorack ... etables.py

Out of curiosity: What are the plans for Hive 2.0 (except NKS)? I'm only asking, because I often read about it in the forum and this already feels like a 2.0 update. I can't imagine many additions to the synth without sacrificing it's main selling point of having an easy to use one page synth.

Hi, Urs!
I know everyone is already fed up with this question. But can you tell schedule plan for Zebra 3? I'm not talking about timing. I mean we know about Hive 2 this spring, also Twangström. Maybe then you are planning some Bazille upgrade or new product and after... I just would want to understand some signs that Zebra 3 is coming. Thank you!

Stan Navi wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:30 am Hi, Urs!
I know everyone is already fed up with this question. But can you tell schedule plan for Zebra 3? I'm not talking about timing. I mean we know about Hive 2 this spring, also Twangström. Maybe then you are planning some Bazille upgrade or new product and after... I just would want to understand some signs that Zebra 3 is coming. Thank you!
Honestly, I have no idea. All I need is four or five straigth months of nothing else. But I don't seem to ever get those. There's always a tradeshow here, an operating system update there, a new plug-in standard here, a draught there.

Hive is the strongest indicator of Zebra2 progress though. The separation of sequencer and arpeggiator, the fast wavetable playback code, the fast stereo zero delay feedback filters, multi channel MIDI, new ModMatrices and XYs, tagged preset browser, these are all milestones in Zebra3 development. Plus, the new concepts introduced to the UIs of Zebra2 and ZebraHZ.

The main bottleneck is the reworked curve editing tool for oscillators and MSEGs. It's very complicated, I have done some initial work, but I have to give it up to another developer because I will *never* have the time to finish it myself.

Urs wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:44 am
Stan Navi wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:30 am Hi, Urs!
Honestly, I have no idea. All I need is four or five straigth months of nothing else. But I don't seem to ever get those. There's always a tradeshow here, an operating system update there, a new plug-in standard here, a draught there.

Hive is the strongest indicator of Zebra2 progress though. The separation of sequencer and arpeggiator, the fast wavetable playback code, the fast stereo zero delay feedback filters, multi channel MIDI, new ModMatrices and XYs, tagged preset browser, these are all milestones in Zebra3 development. Plus, the new concepts introduced to the UIs of Zebra2 and ZebraHZ.

The main bottleneck is the reworked curve editing tool for oscillators and MSEGs. It's very complicated, I have done some initial work, but I have to give it up to another developer because I will *never* have the time to finish it myself.
Thank you for your sincere response! Zebra 2 is already great, but i'm excited with plans for Zebra 3 and I want to see how these plans will be implemented. :tu: I wish you and u-he team the best!

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:20 am ...Hive is brought back, for few Miliseconds those synth parts that were covered modules appear Blank (white).
That's because of the "GUI performance improvements on Windows" point in the release notes.
Earlier versions could cause some (e.g. FL Studio) host interfaces to slow down/stutter while dragging the plugin around.
This has been improved drastically, but you might now see a momentary white patch here and there when opening or moving the plugin GUI. Nothing to worry about.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

In Howard's "Base 80" preset there's a mention, additional to the MW and AT, of a 'Ctrl A' and a 'Ctrl B' for cutoff and resonance. What are these and how to assign them ?

Cheers.

mevla wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:03 pm In Howard's "Base 80" preset there's a mention, additional to the MW and AT, of a 'Ctrl A' and a 'Ctrl B' for cutoff and resonance. What are these and how to assign them ?

Cheers.
Pretty sure that's in the new XY section:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I see. So with Ctrl A and B there are up to 4 sound parameters being moved in respective proportions. Neat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “u-he”