Bazille 2

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that would be seriously cool

audio in would also be my only serious feature request as i'm otherwise pretty much perfectly happy with Bazille in it's current state.

If i was really niggling i'd also toss in swappable filter models, but i'd happily accept if those only appeared in Bazille 2 or the Berlin Modular
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Bazille is an awesome synth. Period.

ontrackp wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:00 pm Bazille is an awesome synth. Period.
Unrivaled!

It’s my favorite one, topping Zebra and Synthmaster

pdxindy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:06 pm
Unrivaled!
Definitely!
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

It can do a lot of subtleties. I do not understand why there's a quantity of people insisting on 'electronic farts' as I call them. Bazille needs a lot more of cinematic/ambient/delicious evolving pads/mysterious leads sound sets. People like Stefan Baer and Matt Bowler should design sound sets for Bazille. But then, I guess it's not as profitable.

It's currently on sale at pluginboutique if you know
people wanting to buy it.
Cheers

mevla wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:35 pm ... 'electronic farts' as I call them.
Haha!
Can you give me an example of such a sound or preset. I think I know what you're taking about and I wonder the same.

Well, there are quite a few. Give me some time and I'll round up some of the most obvious. It's like sci-fi/monster type of sounds. This said, it would be easier for me to list some of the nice sounds that were made for Bazille, since that's the ones I use and modify for the needs the music. I'll come up with a short list of both types.

Again, sci-fi/monster sounds might have some use, not saying they're useless. What I'd like to underline is that Bazille can do an awful lot of subtle nuances and expressiveness.

mevla wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:35 pm Bazille needs a lot more of cinematic/ambient/delicious evolving pads/mysterious leads sound sets.
Well, aside from "mysterious leads", that's basically what I was going for.

(shameless plug)

https://rekkerd.org/sound-author-releas ... r-bazille/

Equinox is a great sound set. It's excellent. Just used a patch out of it a couple of days ago to start a new sketch. I'd get any other sound sets you can do in the same vein ! Your "Night Lights" sound set for Hive, which I mentioned in the other thread today, is also exquisite.

What I meant by "sci-fi/monster" is in relation with my use of "electronic fart" about bleeps and other blatantly unidimensional sounds inspired out of Commodore 64 or such devices. It's a bit difficult to describe precisely. More like cynically showing that such a complex synth can make a loud fart or bleep while hyperventilating and laughing. Not my bag at all. No subtlety, no depth.

Mysterious dark evolving textures are certainly NOT part of that group, actually quite the contrary.

mevla wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:00 pmMore like cynically showing that such a complex synth can make a loud fart or bleep while hyperventilating and laughing. Not my bag at all. No subtlety, no depth.
Hey! Laughing, Hyperventilating Bleeps can have lots of subtlety and depth! :x :hihi:

For me, farts and bleeps benefit from copious amounts of distortion. :tu:

Sound Author wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:26 pm
mevla wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:35 pm Bazille needs a lot more of cinematic/ambient/delicious evolving pads/mysterious leads sound sets.
Well, aside from "mysterious leads", that's basically what I was going for.

(shameless plug)

https://rekkerd.org/sound-author-releas ... r-bazille/
It worked :) The shameless plug got my attention but the nice walkthrough movie sold it.
New to Bazille and programming it seems like a challenge.
However this soundset shows very playable unique sounds. Gives me some faith that electronic farts and other dismay can be eluded in the end.

Return to “u-he”