640 OpenSource Zebra presets

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:24 pm
bmrzycki wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:59 pmRegarding older sets, I'd rather not remove them to preserve existing projects for others. The exact layout, as well as any tweaks you may have made to the new set, can potentially impact projects.
How so? Isn't a preset loaded into a Zebra instance stored in host's plugin chunk in the project file? I think it is, then it doesn't really need to refer to presets on the hard drive. I could load a preset, save the project, remove patches from hard drive and my project will still load fine. Right?

I guess the only exception would be using the MIDI Programs folder, though... But that one already has special sort of layout you do manually. So, no big deal in my book, I'd say?
Maybe? I have far less confidence in a myriad of VST hosts and DAWs on Mac/Windows/Linux and multiple plugin formats (VST2/VST3/AU/AAX) always doing the right thing. Unless Nick really dislikes having older versions of the packs I'd much prefer to take the conservative route and just leave them. Just in case.
Feel free to call me Brian.

bmrzycki wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:59 pmRegarding older sets, I'd rather not remove them to preserve existing projects for others. The exact layout, as well as any tweaks you may have made to the new set, can potentially impact projects.
How so? Isn't a preset loaded into a Zebra instance stored in host's plugin chunk in the project file? I think it is, then it doesn't really need to refer to presets on the hard drive. I could load a preset, save the project, remove patches from hard drive and my project will still load fine. Right?

I guess the only exception would be using the MIDI Programs folder, though... But that one already has special sort of layout you do manually. So, no big deal in my book, I'd say?
Yep, I agree to that!
Sound Design, Music Production

bmrzycki wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:07 pm

Maybe? I have far less confidence in a myriad of VST hosts and DAWs on Mac/Windows/Linux and multiple plugin formats (VST2/VST3/AU/AAX) always doing the right thing. Unless Nick really dislikes having older versions of the packs I'd much prefer to take the conservative route and just leave them. Just in case.

This is how all hosts behave, though. They all save the current state of the plugin in the project file. That's pretty normal state of affairs, but feel free to check that with Urs or Rob or Viktor etc. :)

bmrzycki wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:07 pm Unless Nick really dislikes having older versions of the packs I'd much prefer to take the conservative route and just leave them. Just in case.
Personally I don't mind. But it could confuse users to have copies of the same preset in the preset-browser while search... :roll:
So... in short... do what you want... it's up to you... basically these presets are yours now :)
Cheers!

Runray:

Very generous!

Thank you.
바보

You're welcome!

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:08 pm This is how all hosts behave, though. They all save the current state of the plugin in the project file. That's pretty normal state of affairs, but feel free to check that with Urs or Rob or Viktor etc. :)
True story.

I've collaborated on plenty of projects by sharing the project files, and have never had to share any custom presets for plugins. The projects open just fine with the correct sounds (vsti) or settings (vst). Bitwig, Reaper, and Cubase, and I assume that all (or most) work the same way.

Nick,
Thank you for sharing, I will try them out later!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Thanks a lot for sharing, some fantastic sounds in there! :-)

Nick,
I'm currently working on a new song. For lead synth, I combined a slightly modified Zebra patch of yours, with a Repro-5 lead synth patch I helped create (two separate tracks playing the same notes); I like the way it sounds. Thanks again.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Thanks a million, very good stuff, for an irresistible price! :D

Thanks Nick!
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

thanx

Thank you very much for these, really useful!

Thanks Nick! Very generous of you! Good to see you being so successful in the GUI design world too :tu:

Return to “u-he”