Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Interesting, thanks for the insight!
I´m pretty sure that Hive will always find its way to the top for two reasons:

- the crystal clear sound (hard to explain but compared to its brothers and sisters, the sound is very clean and special)
- low cpu

Urs wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:41 pm This changes all the time though... I bet the NKS ready version of Zebra2 will sweep up to the top spot for a few months.
What! Seriously!
Awesome.........!!!!!
does little dance :D

Your such a tease Urs.

I know it’s been discussed before Urs, but is any sort of wavetable editor 100% ruled out ? Something rudimentary, or maybe a web based one would be fantastic already. I’m not even suggesting something to handle all the scripting, more of a way to get started and generate correct syntax (a sort of customizable, glorified template generator if you will), to correctly combine all sorts of synthesis parameters together. A solid basis for further editing.
I have no clue how resource demanding it’d be for you guys to develop such thing, but I’d definitely / happily pay for such tool / online editor.
I bet it could also be used with Z3 too ? ;)
Cheers !
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Made me think whether Hive's WT syntax will be implemented into Zebra.
Or vice-versa, zebra having the ability to export WTs to Hive

Ploki wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:45 am Made me think whether Hive's WT syntax will be implemented into Zebra.
Or vice-versa, zebra having the ability to export WTs to Hive
Zebra 2.9 can export WT to Hive/Serum/anything - the "wavetable recorder" from our "Wavetable Builder Edition" is available for Osc1. Check this forum for updates shortly.

nilhartman wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:58 amis any sort of wavetable editor 100% ruled out?
No, it isn't ruled out. But I don't see it as part of Hive.

Totally fine as far as I'm concerned, I don't see why you'd clutter its UI with it. A scripting-helper is what I'd need / wish really, so a separate app is perfect here IMO.

Thanks Urs !
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Urs, do you think its possible to add Noise as a selectable LFO shape (actually imo, Diva, Zebra could also have those) ? :)

Elektronisch wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:37 am Urs, do you think its possible to add Noise as a selectable LFO shape (actually imo, Diva, Zebra could also have those) ? :)
The ModNoise source available in Uhbik 2.0 alpha will be available in Hive 2.1, too (planned for next year, after Hive 2.0.1 update with Catalina support). No need to waste an LFO for it :clown:

Urs wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:38 am
Elektronisch wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:37 am Urs, do you think its possible to add Noise as a selectable LFO shape (actually imo, Diva, Zebra could also have those) ? :)
The ModNoise source available in Uhbik 2.0 alpha will be available in Hive 2.1, too (planned for next year, after Hive 2.0.1 update with Catalina support). No need to waste an LFO for it :clown:
Niceeee! thank you! :)

Urs wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:38 am The ModNoise source available in Uhbik 2.0 alpha will be available in Hive 2.1, too (planned for next year, after Hive 2.0.1 update with Catalina support). No need to waste an LFO for it :clown:
Wait! Is ModNoise something that does Filter FM if you apply it to the Cutoff ?

sinemotor wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:49 pm
Urs wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:38 am The ModNoise source available in Uhbik 2.0 alpha will be available in Hive 2.1, too (planned for next year, after Hive 2.0.1 update with Catalina support). No need to waste an LFO for it :clown:
Wait! Is ModNoise something that does Filter FM if you apply it to the Cutoff ?
More like growl and gargle, if you ask me... it's merely reddish noise than white ;-)

Urs wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:21 pm More like growl and gargle, if you ask me... it's merely reddish noise than white ;-)
Ok, so it's kinda like the current Random LFO shape at the fastest rate, right? When I make a pad or a brassy sound with Hive and Diva, I really like adding these sort of lp filtered "paper noise" textures. Filter FM in Diva is soo sweet though.

Hello! Could please somebody explain what WT Multi Pos is for?
Edit: Ah, this is for 2D-interpolation!

^please read the user guide :)

Return to “u-he”