Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

The unshushable Coktor wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:29 pm
snigelx wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:23 pm ---Whatever the cause, it seems to have cleared.....
....In this case, we're at v2.01, you can download it from the Hive2 product page, it contains a few small improvements. Viktor u-he team
Woops,...had no idea it went up in version. Actually, I thought it might have been DAW-related... Regardless,...it hasn’t crept up again,.. and I was using several instances of the same (variously tweaked) patch for a couple sessions after my last post. I’ll go grab the update. Thanks for the heads-up!

Hi guys n gals :help:

How on gawds green planet do i get the A or B contol (offset) to populate as an X-Y target :(((.. I see this in a couple other patches but I cannot for the life of me find how to make this happen. As an example for what I am after: Kevin’s first perc patch in Hive Science 2 bank. Thanks for any infos. I’m sure i am overlooking something obvious, but frustration reached a peak :p
I’ll just go have a coffee w the cats until an expert chimes in (spaghetti monster willing) :pray:

snigelx wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:19 pm How on gawds green planet do i get the A or B contol (offset) to populate as an X-Y target?
They're part of the auto-assign logic only, so right-click into the first XY field (not the others) and you'll see these as options for "assign X1" and "assign Y1".

You'll most likely find such XY assignments in presets that use Control A and B because Hive simply adds these when loading such a preset (as long as it doesn't have XY assignments already). However these assignments are more of a good guess from the plugin, and not hand-tailored for best results.

Cheers!

The unshushable Coktor wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:36 pm
snigelx wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:19 pmHow on gawds green planet do i get the A or B contol (offset)....
They're part of the auto-assign logic only, so right-click into the first XY field (not the others) and you'll see these as options for "assign X1" and "assign Y1". You'll most likely find such XY assignments in presets that use Control A and B....
PERFECT! That’s it. I was clicking in the EDIT fields ha ha...Imagine that! Huge Thanks, Viktor. Btw, looks like Kevin manually chose CtrlAoffset for this particular patch but I get what you mean. Been meaning to say,...BIG fan of the xy thing here sporting the same modifiers from the mm 👌🏽 nice touch. truly spoiled by Hive’s feature-rich mm w pre’s... pass it along to your cohorts 🍺

Hi snigelx,
thank you! I'll pass it on to the team.
Hm, I doubt that CtrlAoffset was a conscious decision by Kevin. When the soundset was created, we didn't have any XYs in Hive, so I'm certain that the preset comes "empty" and Hive adds all XY assignments. Once you save the preset though, the XYs are baked into the preset and aren't reassigned when loading it again.
And I agree, having the same modifiers from the MM section is fantastic to have!

Viktor

The unshushable Coktor wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:42 pm Hi snigelx,
thank you! I'll pass it on to the team.
Hm, I doubt that CtrlAoffset was a conscious decision by Kevin. When the soundset was created, we didn't have any XYs in Hive....
Ahh OK! got it! :tu:
Also, while I’m here. There is one niggle I just ran into. That is, FOR EXAMPLE if I already have two X1 mod dest slots configed from previously saving a patch then if i later (now) go in and ControlAOffset then it clears all the existing destinations i configed while initially designing the patch INSTEAD of populating the empty slot(s). Is this something we can fix in a maintenance update later? I fully realise that i could assign this BEFORE choosing the other destinations however, i find myself going back to my older patches and wanting to implement such control offsets at later dates (to adapt the xy to the current song/project for performance). hope that made sense. :scared:

I would like to suggest the following for Hive 2:

- Multiple outputs (at least two, and maybe two FX lanes, too), so you could route each OSC to a separate output. This would be handy for layering sounds, like it is common in modern genres, but still working in a single instance and maybe even using the same modulations etc.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:02 pm I would like to suggest the following for Hive 2:

- Multiple outputs (at least two, and maybe two FX lanes, too), so you could route each OSC to a separate output. This would be handy for layering sounds, like it is common in modern genres, but still working in a single instance and maybe even using the same modulations etc.
oooh. that's a GREAT idea.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:02 pm I would like to suggest the following for Hive 2:

Very nice idea :tu:

snigelx wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:36 pm Also, while I’m here. There is one niggle I just ran into. That is, FOR EXAMPLE if I already have two X1 mod dest slots configed from previously saving a patch then if i later (now) go in and ControlAOffset then it clears all the existing destinations i configed while initially designing the patch INSTEAD of populating the empty slot(s). Is this something we can fix in a maintenance update later? I fully realise that i could assign this BEFORE choosing the other destinations however, i find myself going back to my older patches and wanting to implement such control offsets at later dates (to adapt the xy to the current song/project for performance). hope that made sense. :scared:
I don't quite understand the "if i later (now) go in and ControlAOffset then it clears all the existing destinations" problem. Of course if you select anything from the XY macro menu you will overwrite existing assignments for that particular dimension. That's the nature of selecting a macro.

BTW: Although it would seem to make sense to include Control A Offset and Control B Offset in the list of custom XY targets instead of macros for XY1, that would have opened a "can of worms".

Return to “u-he”