Latest builds ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive (rev. 8791) - addresses sluggish GUI

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I too had problems with the BomBazille Patches, as soon as I removed them, no more crash while scanning.

As for graphics, a noticeable improvement on Windows, thank you. Nice to see the new browser in Bazille and ACE. NKS would be nice but aware you guys are on to it and have a lot going on. Your efforts are appreciated, I'm still super pleased with my Hive upgrade, Thanks for all the nice toys... :tu:

This new Bazille build is crashing Live with an "A serious program error has occurred" dialogue box, immediately when creating an instance of any format of Bazille (VST2, VST3 and AU).

iMac Pro, Mojave 10.14.5

Ace, Diva, and Hive new builds are all working without issues.

nevis wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:10 pm I have the weirdest of issues with this Bazille build (Win10x64, Reaper 5.979):
The presence of the "Penizille" preset from the free Bombazille pack causes Bazille (and Reaper) to crash when starting up or explicitly scanning for new presets.
Once I narrowed it down and moved the preset elsewhere (i.e. outside the preset folders to be scanned), Bazille works just fine.
Same here. As soon as I added the Bombazille pack, poofff Bazille gone. Must contain an audio-phage or something. Otherwise running just fine.

Thanks for all the reports guys.

About the Bombazille crashes:

It's four presets which are causing the crash:

Multi Guitar
Penizille
Plucked Leaves
Toy Wars

If you remove those from the library, Bazille will run without crashing.
Those presets have one thing in common.
They do not have an author set, but instead have the line "// author stripped" in the meta section of the preset.
This seems to confuse the preset database, not sure why.

As I have a day off today, we'll get to all the other issues early next week.
Just had to solve the riddle of the Bombazille crashes, and wanted to let you know about it asap.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Seems the internal pitch wheel of Hive 2 won't show up in Ableton Live 10.1.2b2 and its automation cannot be recorded…is this a bug?
Cannot be made seen in plug Configure mode.

Fanu wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:28 pm Seems the internal pitch wheel of Hive 2 won't show up in Ableton Live 10.1.2b2 and its automation cannot be recorded…is this a bug?
Cannot be made seen in plug Configure mode.
That's okay. Our stuff doesn't send MIDI, and we didn't want to send automation for something that's MIDI.

Hive 2 works now very smoothly in Renoise using an older laptop with integrated graphics card and Windows 7. Thanks U-he team!

AU Bazille crashes Logic X and Live 10.1 instantly on macOS Mojave 10.14.5 **even after completely deleting all Bazille preferences from Finder (~/Library/Application Support/u-he/)

VST 2 and VST 3 both show the following Live 10.1 message:
A serious program error has occurred.
Live will shut down after this message box is closed.

Please restart Live and follow the instruction s in the 'Report a Crash' lesson that will appear in Live's Help View.
I know its an off day, but I can send a crash report to u-he support if its still needed.

Hive still looks sluggish to me in MacOS. I'm assuming that the install overwrites the previous revision and that I'm running the latest revision here. 8)

I'll add a video screen capture of the Hive 2 GUI shortly.
Last edited by Dim Vision on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dim Vision wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 am Hive still looks sluggish to me. Does it overwrite the old files when installed? Just wanting to make sure I'm actually running the latest revision.

Perhaps someone would be willing to share a quick video screen capture of the latest revision —twiddling knobs while a sound is playing and the scope visible so that I can see how smooth it should be.
Just check the revision in the UI. If it says 8791, it's this latest build.

Urs wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:31 amJust check the revision in the UI. If it says 8791, it's this latest build.
Actually took me a few mins to spot where that bit of text was. :)

I was running the latest revision. I then reinstalled the previous revision and I don't notice any vast differences. GUI looks equally laggy to me in both revisions.

https://youtu.be/IeO6IQe3CL8

The knobs are very jumpy when playing a sound and especially so with the scope visible. When I resize the GUI to 150% it worsens.

Dim Vision wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:42 amGUI looks equally laggy to me in both revisions.
In that case I suggest you try the color profile settings, different screen resolutions and/or any other known remedy for Mojave screen issues. It's definitely not us if both revisions are equally as sluggish - it's the OS not caching the graphics on the GPU.

For instance, we have screens where HDMI yields much higher screen refresh rates than USB-C.

I guess I'll have to look into other known remedies then because I just tried a bunch of different color profiles and scaled resolutions on my iMac, but it looks the same.

I thought it would have been an issue with Hive since other plugins I use don't suffer from sluggishness like this, but I probably just lack understanding.
Last edited by Dim Vision on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dim Vision wrote: The knobs are very jumpy when playing a sound and especially so with the scope visible. When I resize the GUI to 150% it worsens.
It's the same for me on Windows, the knobs used to be about 60 fps, but on this update they skip frames (but the scope is perfectly smooth). I liked how smooth the knobs used to be...

elxsound wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:39 pm I know its an off day, but I can send a crash report to u-he support if its still needed.
Of course you can already send a crash report to support.
Ableton is either still trying to load the old version of Bazille, or more likely you also have some third party presets installed which are causing the preset database to crash during scanning (like the Bombazille presets).
You can find out by removing all third party and user presets, then see if Bazille loads.
If it does, you can put the presets back in, bit by bit, doing a preset refresh each time, to find out which preset library is causing it.
If it's not a faulty preset, then it's simply an installation issue, and we can figure it out tomorrow.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to “u-he”