Latest builds ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive (rev. 8791) - addresses sluggish GUI

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:12 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:07 pmMIDI CCs are ok-ish, but their resolution is far from host automation resolution...
We support 14-bit ;-)
Yep that's better. Still not quite 32-bit FP, tho, right? :)

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:20 pm
Urs wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:12 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:07 pmMIDI CCs are ok-ish, but their resolution is far from host automation resolution...
We support 14-bit ;-)
Yep that's better. Still not quite 32-bit FP, tho, right? :)
"In less than 2 minutes, a picky user horizontally magnifies automation track by 1.345.776.933% to edit automation curve so that oscillator beating would not cycle at 0.0203340402221 Hz but at 0.02033404022207 to match it at an exact denominator of the time earth needs to circle the sun"

I'm sure some people are definitely doing that, hahaha. Especially the 432 Hz people! :D

Urs wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:54 pm In my view, sample accurate automation is a myth. Of course it's possible, but it isn't a good feature. We smooth out any automation to avoid zipper noise. [. . .] If you need sample accurate changes . . .
Honestly, Urs, I didn't know what "zipper noise" was until I read you talking about it somewhere a couple of weeks ago, and I wondered if "sample-accurate automation" was meant to be a way around it.

It's a case of ignorant people like me thinking, "Oh, accuracy! I must need that! That must be better!" :lol:

Accuracy is for scientists, not for musicians. Unless we're talking about some really complex classical or jazz piece... ;)

Too many people are being too anal about simple things. Stop worrying about bits, dithering, oversampling... and just make music. :love:

I made interesting pieces of music with Commodore 64, and a 4-track tape recorder. :party:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Urs wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:45 pm
omiroad wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:24 amIt's the same for me on Windows, the knobs used to be about 60 fps, but on this update they skip frames (but the scope is perfectly smooth). I liked how smooth the knobs used to be...
How are the knobs when you don't use the scope, and does setting the Scope to "eco" change things?
Sorry for the belated response.

It doesn't matter if the scope is on screen or what setting it has, the knobs don't move at full frame rate. I would say they move at about 30 fps, in contrast to the scope. It is the easiest to notice when making slightly faster movements.

I'm testing this on Bazille in Cubase.

The knobs used to draw "on event" when there was mouse input. This could bring the update rate to 150 or more fps and brimng the CPU to its knees. Thus we restricted it to the timer we use, which afaik runs at 25Hz or maybe 30Hz.

I'll make a note to evaluate and possibly add a preference to optionally draw "on event".

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:46 pm The knobs used to draw "on event" when there was mouse input. This could bring the update rate to 150 or more fps and brimng the CPU to its knees. Thus we restricted it to the timer we use, which afaik runs at 25Hz or maybe 30Hz.

I'll make a note to evaluate and possibly add a preference to optionally draw "on event".
Ah, I found out on the older versions that I could make the scopes smoother by twisting knobs. That explains it.

I like the old behavior because on both normal and higher refresh rate screens it looks completely smooth. But alternatively, the timer rate could maybe be raised.

I can't say if other people care as much as I do, but smooth knobs are a bit of a selling point for me. ^-^;

omiroad wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:55 pm
I like the old behavior because on both normal and higher refresh rate screens it looks completely smooth. But alternatively, the timer rate could maybe be raised.

I can't say if other people care as much as I do, but smooth knobs are a bit of a selling point for me. ^-^;
For me definitely too. I'm a fan of u-he synths because they feel and behave real (e.g. smooth). Would be unfortunate to lose that feeling.

Hi,

Bazille 1.1 8791 crashes immediately on startup when my user presets folder contains the following sound set:
https://u-he.com/PatchLib/presets/bazil ... azille.zip

I did have to unzip it into its own directory using Terminal, instead of Finder.

Crashed: Bazille 1.1 8791 AUi, VST2i, VST3i
Did not crash: Bazille 1.1 3839, VST2i

macOS 10.14.4, Reaper 5.981

Before installing each version, I did remove:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Bazille.component
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/u-he/Bazille.vst
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Bazille.vst3
/Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Bazille/
/Library/Application Support/u-he/Bazille/
~/Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Bazille/
~/Library/Application Support/u-he/Bazille/
~/Library/Application Support/u-he/com.u-he.Bazille.*

lmh wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:33 amBazille 1.1 8791 crashes immediately on startup when my user presets folder contains the following sound set:
https://u-he.com/PatchLib/presets/bazil ... azille.zip
That particular issue has been spread out over the previous pages and also got a detailled reply with an analysis as to why and which particular presets cause that issue:
tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:20 pm Thanks for all the reports guys.

About the Bombazille crashes:

It's four presets which are causing the crash:

Multi Guitar
Penizille
Plucked Leaves
Toy Wars

If you remove those from the library, Bazille will run without crashing.
Those presets have one thing in common.
They do not have an author set, but instead have the line "// author stripped" in the meta section of the preset.
This seems to confuse the preset database, not sure why.

As I have a day off today, we'll get to all the other issues early next week.
Just had to solve the riddle of the Bombazille crashes, and wanted to let you know about it asap.

When will these become "official" releases?

On the preset ST Brasses for the Masses

I'm getting some serous loudness (thank goodness for my limiter catching this).

I can't say if this is related just to this build, but it is consistent.

Apologies if this has been asked before? But is it possible to change the “init” from the preset drop down menu?
I’m aware of the method to change the default patch (ie, what the instrument loads when inserted) but I can’t figure it out for the init.
Reason I’m asking is that the init of ACE now has both VCAs open, and I prefer it with just the first VCA open.

Hi guys,
I happened to notice that ACE knobs are jumpy when controlled via the mouse wheel. I hope it's a known problem :)
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Return to “u-he”