So what's next for U-He?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:54 pm
ckoe wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:08 pm I hope an u-he MS-20 is coming. The hardware clones are not close enough to the original.
really? how did you come to that conclusion?

i doubt software is going to be closer, not yet anyway
Nothing really. Just sometimes unwise people have such ego they become self rightious and feel they know well. :-D

Can we expect more additions to the Uhbik lineup, other than Uhbik-C?

Also, will the new release of Uhbik be a version 2.0 update?
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Well, at least for the Korg Legacy plugin, it's pretty apparent that it sounds nothing like the real thing. ;) Things can only get better. Doubt anything would be as closed as the pretty affordable Behringer clone, though.

Elevated_being wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:18 am Can we expect more additions to the Uhbik lineup, other than Uhbik-C?
There are new phaser modes and stuff, but no additional plug-ins as of now.
Yes. We will make it a free upgrade, but the official price will go up. This way we can use the current price as some kind of introductory offer (similar to the upgrade for Repro which added Repro-5).

Nice! I wasn't expecting a free upgrade. All-in-all, sounds like a good plan.

There are some leftover promises...

Urs wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:31 pm There are some leftover promises...
Any chance of Zebra 3 before the end of the year?

Urs wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:44 am
Elevated_being wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:18 am Can we expect more additions to the Uhbik lineup, other than Uhbik-C?
There are new phaser modes and stuff, but no additional plug-ins as of now.
Yes. We will make it a free upgrade, but the official price will go up. This way we can use the current price as some kind of introductory offer (similar to the upgrade for Repro which added Repro-5).
Awesome, you guys are way to kind with this free upgrade. :D

Really looking forward to try them out.
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

0degree wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:59 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:31 pm There are some leftover promises...
Any chance of Zebra 3 before the end of the year?
which one?

0degree wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:59 pmAny chance of Zebra 3 before the end of the year?
Let me quote myself:
Urs wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:35 pm In the foreseeable future:

Uhbik Update (rather substantial)
CVilization
Some smaller updates (see latest builds)
Some more smaller updates (some of what missing in latest builds, e.g. Repro)
Somewhere in-between: Hive 2.1 (few bits and pieces we'd like to share)
Z3
Apparently we now also need to squeeze in some updates-of-everything to ensure compatibility with Catalina after the "transition time", and I guess that alone could keep some folks at u-he busy until January easily.

Thing is, some developers are still stuck in a few long term projects (see info about UTF-8 / D&D branch in thread about latest builds), but I need them to develop some very specific stuff for Zebra3. So that's a few areas which are still rather open. Other things are cool, but I need all those updates out before I can sit down and finalize them.

Cool, thanks Urs!

Urs wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:35 pm

But also, as Sascha's work was mentioned, we've nailed a certain reverb
So what of this reverb? Is it going to be a standalone product or? Is it based on any of the classic reverbs or it's own thing? Anything you can share at all on this?

nevernamed wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:26 am

So what of this reverb? Is it going to be a standalone product or? Is it based on any of the classic reverbs or it's own thing? Anything you can share at all on this?
Can't name it, the makers of the original unit are notoriously suing the Behringers of this world. Best to not mention them at all.

Urs wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Can't name it, the makers of the original unit are notoriously suing the Behringers of this world. Best to not mention them at all.
Behringers of this world? hmm thats like probably all the vst developers :D

Urs wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Gotcha. Thanks :).

Return to “u-he”