So what's next for U-He?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:45 pm why can't you use an lfo in your host, you can have one on any parameter
Not all hosts have that :)

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:27 am
AnX wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:45 pm why can't you use an lfo in your host, you can have one on any parameter
Not all hosts have that :)
get a decent host then :P

As said, there is no need to. We're addressing the topic. And since this thread is about discussing u-he plug-ins, it is unnecessary debating and judging hosts.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

U-he has quite a lot of plugins and sound sets out there and is also constantly updating the plugins. That's fantastic but it can get tedious for users to keep up with all these releases. Maybe it's time for some kind of plug in manager? (like Native Access ... Uccess).

Low midi parameter resolution.

Yes, it works and i use it, but it's not the best option....

Rastkovic wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:37 pm
Low midi parameter resolution.

Yes, it works and i use it, but it's not the best option....
it is currently

Urs wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:35 pm we did a few revenue boosts (sales...) so we do not need to do new stuff for some time, in order to clean up some outstanding things.
This brings to mind a video I watched recently. Sam Ovens has a few videos very valuable for anyone except people without any aspirations. This one addresses how to scale up a business without ruining your company longterm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUVfms9e1DQ
Last edited by blue monk on Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pierb wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:38 am Something I've always dreamed is having an iPad app for controlling your synths via wifi.
I think this is possible now if you have MacOS Catalina and a recent iPad with pen support. The function is named Sidecar.

blue monk wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:52 pm
Urs wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:35 pm we did a few revenue boosts (sales...) so we do not need to do new stuff for some time, in order to clean up some outstanding things.
This brings to mind a video I watched recently. Sam Ovens has a few videos very valuable for anyone except people without any aspirations. This one addresses how to scale up a business without ruining your company longterm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUVfms9e1DQ
Great watch!

I'm a big fan of YAGNI, but paying back debt routinely often gets in the way. That is, there's no clear boundary between those little details you gotta get right and things you ain't gonna need. It's like a venn diagram with blurred edges, innit?

blue monk wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:55 pm
pierb wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:38 am Something I've always dreamed is having an iPad app for controlling your synths via wifi.
I think this is possible now if you have MacOS Catalina and a recent iPad with pen support. The function is named Sidecar.
What a bummer that mac users have to get an ipad to have a touch experience. Former mac user here but with windows it's so great. No need to deal with ipads as small secondary scree,, I just have my primary screen as a dell touch screen hooked into my laptop hub and it works beautifully. I remember trying to use ipad apps like lemur etc to get touch screen control and now it's just right on the plugins themselves. Of course some work better than others but most of mine, including u-he plugins, are great with touch. Some are multi-touch though which is even cooler (like Bitwig stuff and Sylenth1). I do not miss the mac days!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:52 am
blue monk wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:55 pm
What a bummer that mac users have to get an ipad to have a touch experience.
That depends. I have a 27" screen. It is not by Apple so I could not expect touch functionality even if Apple had it when they made screens. It is also not at arms length. I would have to stretch.
I already have an iPad anyway – not with support for the Apple pen which costs how much? $100? ... Whatever. I am not going to defend Apples product policy. It is what it is and I understand why people get a PC instead.

Urs wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:35 pm But also, as Sascha's work was mentioned, we've nailed a certain reverb
If it really is what I think it is, then you might want to consider for a potential release date that the guys from Relab are on that certain reverb as well.

They already got as far as using the Interpolation mode of the original device in their Sonsig reverb and even labelling it with the Name of the device.

I don't know how they got around the notoriously suing makers of the original device though...

been searching for drum synths around blackfriday and I got slingshot back here, who would have guessed :hihi:

Update on progress?

saw theme title

obligatory "drum machine" comment

Return to “u-he”