Uhbik 2.0 public alpha rev. 9313

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dangayle wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:40 pm I've demoed the Uhbiks before, didn't like the interfaces. The new interfaces made them an instant purchase for me, so you've definitely made the correct decision in my book.
I still think they're a bit meh.
I find some of them to be somewhat unintuive in that I can't visually separate controls as fast as I'd like to.
There's also some inconsistency to them, which is ironic given that they're following a sort of template - Like the they can't decide between opting for unique or uniform looks.
For instance, Uhbik-G sports a NI-style (like you see on Crush Pack) ring on a knob, whereas the others don't.

Comes across as unfocused.

dangayle wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:40 pm I've demoed the Uhbiks before, didn't like the interfaces. The new interfaces made them an instant purchase for me, so you've definitely made the correct decision in my book.
+1

I know they're backward compatible so in essence they don't sound different... but I like to be able to enjoy things that i'm looking at all the time.

loungepanda wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:12 amFor instance, Uhbik-G sports a NI-style (like you see on Crush Pack) ring on a knob, whereas the others don't.

This... is actually a very good point!

Well, I like the idea of giving them each a touch of individuality with a few benign spots of colour in the UI.

Wow.

I wrote a post to this very forum in praise of the uhbiks four years ago (viewtopic.php?t=465100). Back then, I thought they were massively underrated, and I still think that. I hope with this round, many more people come to appreciate how rock awesome these plugins are.

And I hope you smoke SoundToys.

(Did I say that out loud? :oops:)

Eha, spent my 30% voucher on uhbik :)

I’m happy to see this. I’m a big fan of Uhbiks since it came out.
Particularly pleased that an upgraded software from 10 years ago is free!
Thanks U-he.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:02 am Particularly pleased that an upgraded software from 10 years ago is free!
Thanks U-he.
That's a good point :tu:

Been using these more.
I like the compressors, reminds me a bit of Voxengo's Deft Compressor, but a little different.
I was afraid it was going to be a watered down version of Presswerk, but haven't been able to match them up yet :)
WIll Q actually have a FFT? :o

Ploki wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:08 am WIll Q actually have a FFT? :o
We hope so! We're doing an optional spectrum analyser with pre/post EQ setting, but - you guess it - it costs CPU, hence optional.

On top we're drawing the EQ response curve, but we are afraid that people will want to have little balls to grab. Unfortunately we won't have those, at least not initially. The display is merely a visual aid, we don't have the time and resources atm to make it fully interactive.

Also, our current plan is to release another alpha before x-mas. The Zebra/BF sale has drained a lot of time and energy that couldn't go into polishing Uhbiks. Hence, instead of a full featured beta, there'll be another alpha with a few niggles left. Feature freeze is expected in mid January then, where we finally hope to go beta.

Urs wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:14 am We hope so! We're doing an optional spectrum analyser with pre/post EQ setting, but - you guess it - it costs CPU, hence optional.

On top we're drawing the EQ response curve, but we are afraid that people will want to have little balls to grab. Unfortunately we won't have those, at least not initially. The display is merely a visual aid, we don't have the time and resources atm to make it fully interactive.
A spectrum analyzer and a curve display will be great already. Knobs are nice, but mainly for full featured eqs with an unlimited amount of bands. With Uhbik-Q, doing it all from the main section below should be fine enough.
By the way... Did you consider adding one more band to Q ?

How about maybe adding some soft saturation into Q? Looks like an EQ that could play well with that...

Also, mod section and possible sidechain can make this into a dynamic EQ now?

I found an odd bug, at exactly 1000Hz the display starts acting weird. :)

Ploki wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:33 pm How about maybe adding some soft saturation into Q? Looks like an EQ that could play well with
+1

Ploki wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:33 pm How about maybe adding some soft saturation into Q? Looks like an EQ that could play well with that...
I always wanted it to be transparent. That's why I used 12dB bands instead of the more common 6dB ones, to be narrow at lower Q, with less ringing.

Anyhow, I'm not precious about it, we can discuss saturation, but it's not planned right now.
Also, mod section and possible sidechain can make this into a dynamic EQ now?
Yes, external side chain for the enevlope is very likely to happen - but not yet for the next alpha.
I found an odd bug, at exactly 1000Hz the display starts acting weird. :)
We're still working unit displays. There'll be different options... not sure what's planned.

Return to “u-he”