Uhbik 2.0 - Concepts & Roadmap

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would greatly suggest to change the plugin names. It's super confusing for me and always requires me to think a few seconds which plugin I want to use.

+++1 !!!

A good host will allow you to rename plugins on your own. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:47 pm A good host will allow you to rename plugins on your own. :)

Is this possible in Pro Tools?
"What embecile composed this list :/"

No idea, I don't use PT. :P

I wonder if the company that calls their most known plug-ins C4, L1, L2, L3 etc. gets similar requests all the time?

:clown:

Fabfilter Pro-R, Pro-Q, Pro-C, Pro-L, never understand what they stand for. It's so messed up and difficult to wrap your head around!! ... :roll:

That's why it's 'Pro' 😉
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:47 pm A good host will allow you to rename plugins on your own. :)

before you load them?

Yes, before you load them. Can just rename the plugins directly in the plugin browser in Reaper.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:27 pm Yes, before you load them. Can just rename the plugins directly in the plugin browser in Reaper.
Cool - tested! Doesn't rename the actual file.

Correct, doesn't rename it! Protip: if you rename the plugin starting with #, it will actually completely hide it from the plugin list in Reaper (if an option to do that is enabled in the FX browser's context menu).

Brittlestem wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:58 pm Is this possible in Pro Tools?
Nor in Ableton :(
Murderous duck!

I agree about the names. I've been at this a year now, and I find some names confusing (synths called u-l-b4-x or something). I much prefer names over codes. It's more of an issue when one has many plugins. Not a deal breaker--just a user experience issue.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

The problem is and remains that changing the names breaks backward compatibility. That's why we won't do it even though we already spent many days of development time on the matter.

Urs wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:08 pm The problem is and remains that changing the names breaks backward compatibility. That's why we won't do it even though we already spent many days of development time on the matter.
I thought all of that was handled by the unique ID for a given plugin? Or does the ID change if you change the name of the plugin?
I make music like I play Tekken; randomly push buttons and hope for something good to happen.

Return to “u-he”