Zebra 2.9 released

Official support for: u-he.com
KVRAF
1671 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:56 am

Urs wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:35 pm
killmaster wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:45 pm
Are the very latest builds always on the first page of this thread?
They have been, still are. As the thread title suggests, they're identical with the official version on our website though.

What we call "latest builds" in the sense of "newer than official versions" always have their own sticky thread in this forum. We use those to fix issues for some ahead of official releases.
I see! Thanks for the explain!

KVRist
32 posts since 8 Dec, 2003 from Linux limbo...

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:03 am

carrieres wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:31 pm
carrieres wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:13 pm
I could not resist, i am weak :help:
now, i am looking for luftrum soundbank :help:
i am looking for luftrum, Electric Himalaya and Aiyn Zahev soundbanks :love:
https://www.luftrum.com/synthpresets/
http://www.electric-himalaya.com/index.html
https://www.aiynzahev-sounds.com/collections/zebra2
I've just bought a load of soundsets from The Unfinished after I got an email about his Christmas sale (30-50% off) - they're blummin' good! But the Luftrum ones sound great as well, and Electric Himalaya and Aiyn Zahev too. Does this count as GAS? Just one more...

PS is there any news on Zebra HZ update to 2.9 yet? Some of The Unfinished HZ presets flash up a warning about them not working properly as they were created in a later version of Zebra. Thanks in advance :tu:

User avatar
HTT
KVRist
165 posts since 14 Jul, 2019

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:56 am

carrieres wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:31 pm
carrieres wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:13 pm
I could not resist, i am weak :help:
now, i am looking for luftrum soundbank :help:
i am looking for luftrum, Electric Himalaya and Aiyn Zahev soundbanks :love:

https://www.luftrum.com/synthpresets/
http://www.electric-himalaya.com/index.html
https://www.aiynzahev-sounds.com/collections/zebra2
Thanks for the heads up. I usually tend toward the Unfinished and Howard Scarr for my Zebra soundbanks. Aiyn Zahev is always superb with dance-oriented soundbanks. His Zebra set is fantastic!

Urs: For clarification, if I already have Zebra 2.8, do I need to download the full 2.9 beta to upgrade?

KVRer
12 posts since 21 May, 2018

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:48 am

Urs wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:35 pm
killmaster wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:45 pm
Are the very latest builds always on the first page of this thread?
They have been, still are. As the thread title suggests, they're identical with the official version on our website though.

What we call "latest builds" in the sense of "newer than official versions" always have their own sticky thread in this forum. We use those to fix issues for some ahead of official releases.
How are ZHZ updates distributed? Via email? I’ve noticed when I purchased it that it was delivered different than the rest of the products.

User avatar
KVRAF
10094 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:59 am

suisidechain wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:48 am
Urs wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:35 pm
killmaster wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:45 pm
Are the very latest builds always on the first page of this thread?
They have been, still are. As the thread title suggests, they're identical with the official version on our website though.

What we call "latest builds" in the sense of "newer than official versions" always have their own sticky thread in this forum. We use those to fix issues for some ahead of official releases.
How are ZHZ updates distributed? Via email? I’ve noticed when I purchased it that it was delivered different than the rest of the products.
Via email with a link.
You can always get it from the my license on their website.
https://u-he.com/my-licenses/

rsp
sound sculptist

User avatar
Urs
u-he

Topic Starter

25635 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:44 pm

The tagging of presets and XY assignments of TDZ/ZebraHZ will take several months. We will have an "emergency download" for Catalina in January, maybe even an official intermediate version. But the full update to 2.9.x with tagged presets and NKS support won't happen before Q2, maybe Q3 2020.

Banned
3900 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:23 pm

Urs wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:44 pm
The tagging of presets and XY assignments of TDZ/ZebraHZ will take several months. We will have an "emergency download" for Catalina in January, maybe even an official intermediate version. But the full update to 2.9.x with tagged presets and NKS support won't happen before Q2, maybe Q3 2020.
Ah thats a shame. Why the ETA has been changed? I thought its coming Dec/Jan

User avatar
Urs
u-he

Topic Starter

25635 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:20 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:23 pm
I thought its coming Dec/Jan
That's the emergency version, which maybe needs to be an official intermediate version until all the tagging and XYing is done.

KVRist
32 posts since 28 Jun, 2010

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:26 am

Anybody else having issues downloading the Mac version of 2.9?

I've tried a few times over the past 2 weeks using different browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) and the download fails halfway through due to a network error. I have no issues downloading any other items from U-he's site, just the Zebra 2.9 package.

KVRAF
3636 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:59 am

just downloaded it, went fine, safari Mac

KVRer
12 posts since 21 May, 2018

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:28 am

CausticPuppy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:26 am
Anybody else having issues downloading the Mac version of 2.9?

I've tried a few times over the past 2 weeks using different browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) and the download fails halfway through due to a network error. I have no issues downloading any other items from U-he's site, just the Zebra 2.9 package.
Try with Safari on iPhone/iPad, it saves inside your Files app (Downloads folder) and it syncs with your mac.

KVRAF
2024 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:17 am

I had no problem downloading Zebra 2.9 with iMac with OSX 10.11.6, and Chrome.

KVRist
32 posts since 28 Jun, 2010

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:19 pm

I downloaded it on another Mac first then put it on a network drive. No issues on that one. Just weird!

Now I'll patiently await the 2.9 update to ZebraHZ!

KVRist
58 posts since 19 Jul, 2008

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:32 pm

I (stupidly?) went right to 2.9 on my new MacBook Pro, also installed HZ, but but HZ - which I'm already using in multiple works in progress - doesn't show up as an AU or VST at all. I know the intermediate release is coming, but does this mean that meanwhile it won't run at all without 2.8? And if that's the case, can I have 2.8 and 2.9 on the same machine, or do I need to remove all traces of 2.9 now and downgrade using an older installer?
Not a complaint! Just a rather urgent question as to what to do.
filmmaker/composer - http://www.brookhinton.com

KVRist
58 posts since 19 Jul, 2008

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:37 pm

Addendum: it's only the AU that doesn't show up. The VST does and I was able to authorize it. The AU component is in the library, just doesn't show up in any software (regular zebra does). So is the AU ZebHZ dependent on 2.8 to load?
filmmaker/composer - http://www.brookhinton.com

Return to “u-he”