Zebra 2.9 released

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:48 pm Maybe because Hornet VU Meter has a default reference at -18dB. Hence, it seems to clip whenever the software before reaches -18dB...?

(-18dB was important for tape recording, but it isn't important anymore for digital recording with 32 bit floating point mixdown and normalisation afterwards)
Hi Urs, VU Meter is not a peak meter :) it's a real VU with 300ms integration time so it measures loudness. It also has a feature that makes the whole meter blink read if at least 3 subsequent samples are at 0dB or more (I don't know if this is the issue) otherwise it behave like an analog VU meter so if you get to +3 on it it means almost nothing peak wise since it measure only the loudness.
the -18 default calibration is the 0VU level, so a sine wave peaking at -18 and set to 1KHz will read 0VU, but again this is just a reference indicator and as with any loudness meter the displayed value is strictly linked to the type of sound measured.

Saverio

Yo, sounds good, I am just pointing out that our synths are not calibrated with -18dB RMS/peak/anything in mind, just like no synthesizer/guitar/wavplayer/clarinet is. Meters like yours would be surplus on such channels if they were.

I have Zebralette, but it looks very small on my 21.5 to 1920x1080 monitor screen, maybe I have an old version?

About Zebra, it is first in my wish list, it is one of my dreaming synthesizers! It could share an honor position with my other fave synths,  but unfortunately I can not afford it, since in my country, Venezuela, we have a dictatorship that only forces us to just survive. But I promise someday I will have it! :-)  u-he make my dreams since I heard synthesizer sounds totally similar to ones used by Weather Report coming form your plugins. Wow! Just that makes it really worth fighting to acquire it.
Please keep safe and doing your dreams synths for the world!
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

If things are that rough for you, my advice is to look for a second-hand license in the Sell & Buy section here (right now there's one for 110 EUR, so a significant chunk cut of the original price). (Sorry, U-He!)

Jazzguitar wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:52 pm I have Zebralette, but it looks very small on my 21.5 to 1920x1080 monitor screen, maybe I have an old version?
Install the latest Zebra2 to update Zebralette (new GUI, and as always scalable 70% to 200%)

e@rs wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:03 pm If things are that rough for you, my advice is to look for a second-hand license in the Sell & Buy section here (right now there's one for 110 EUR, so a significant chunk cut of the original price). (Sorry, U-He!)
Thanks, good advice :tu:
BTW, yesterday I received it from a KVR member, a new proof that we can still have hope in humanity. Thank you friend, I will not mention it here for discretion and privacy, but I thank you infinitely for your humanity and solidarity, which not only helps to do what I love and was born to, music, but also to deal with a long term nightmare. Under a back-breaking, dictatorial and repressive, almost surreal fierce situation in my country, it is impossible to invest in our tools and software, or it could put the simplest survival at risk.

Well, now I have Zebra2!!! :o one of my dream synthesizers, sharing honors with my other fav synths! Also I expand my gratitude to several of those others amazing developers whose heart is first than their wallets. You all know who are you :love:
Last edited by Jazzguitar on Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

:clap:

Anonymous KVR member...I too want to thank you for what you have given me and this community: an example of surprising generosity.

:o
바보

Heartwarming !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Jazzguitar wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:33 pm
e@rs wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:03 pm If things are that rough for you, my advice is to look for a second-hand license in the Sell & Buy section here (right now there's one for 110 EUR, so a significant chunk cut of the original price). (Sorry, U-He!)
Thanks, good advice :tu:
BTW, yesterday I received it from a KVR member, a new proof that we can still have hope in humanity. Thank you friend, I will not mention it here for discretion and privacy, but I thank you infinitely for your humanity and solidarity, which not only helps to do what I love and was born to, music, but also to deal with a long term nightmare. Under a back-breaking, dictatorial and repressive, almost surreal fierce situation in my country, it is impossible to invest in our tools and software, or it could put the simplest survival at risk.

Well, now I have Zebra2!!! :o one of my dream synthesizers, sharing honors with my other fav synths! Also I expand my gratitude to several of those others amazing developers whose heart is first than their wallets. You all know who are you :love:
That is good, still there are people with big heart around. I have a musician friend who lives in Cuba, a country under dictatorship in the most extreme poverty, and told me that some companies and developers have surprised and helped him with NFR licenses, even complete bundles! because classified as special humanitarian cases like yours.

But him also tells me that others developers, even being successful and able to help, act totally indifferent and don't even know in what point of the map are located those countries in disgrace.

It is true that it is hard to keep afloat for developers in this wild ambient, but a sample of generosity and solidarity can change the world to someone.

Special thanks to Glyn Darby for offering it for sale at a great price here, and e@rs for alerting the sale price :)

You're welcome; enjoy your new toy!

It's not mine, I already owned Zebra. It's Jazzguitar's.

That is to say, I am the KVR member who bought Zebra for Jazzguitar. Though I didn't do it for kudos, I never actually asked to remain anonymous, but I figure before an unhinged mod decides that they want to abuse their power further and ban my account, might as well let the cat out of the bag :)

Return to “u-he”