"monolith" GUI+presets for ACE

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere)

Tokyo Ghost is my favorite third-party skin for any plugin. The layout, colors, everything are just perfect for me. I struggle using Bazille with the two default skins, but with Tokyo Ghost it's a joy to use. I've made a customized light-mod for monolith (skin name: stereolith) which is also just terrific to use. Top section is light like Tokyo Ghost, bottom section still dark. I love themes with excellent contrast, so having dark knobs on a white background with dark text (for example) makes all the difference in the world.

care to share a screenshot of the stereolith?

Ploki wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:40 pm care to share a screenshot of the stereolith?
Sure.

1. Recolored some panels
2. Created larger ports
3. Recolored a few images (for instance, light blue for some mod icons instead of dark purple, made the FX "on" blue)
4. Changed some font colors and adjusted some label text here and there

Here she is...
Stereolith.jpg
Obviously this is for personal use. All I did was recolor some of the original UI elements. Wouldn't be sharing of course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Damn, i love the black on white :o would you share just the background image?

Ploki wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:44 pm Damn, i love the black on white :o would you share just the background image?
No can do. It's not my work to share. But it's relatively easy to mod yourself if you have any image editing skills. Just copy and rename the original skins folder first, so you've got a working version and the original you can go back to. The trickier part is the font labels. Those need to be edited in the script itself otherwise you wouldn't see the original labels against the new background colors.

Plus, maybe plugmon has something similar in the works. A few of his skins have alternate elements.

Glad you like it though!

Ah yes, the script is what will get me. The image editing i can do

Ploki wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:54 pm Ah yes, the script is what will get me. The image editing i can do
I don't know the finer ins-and-outs of the scripting either and I'm no programmer but I was able to figure it out with some trial and error. Here are the basics if you're bored at home and are willing to give it a shot:

1. Make a copy of the entire theme folder with a new name
2. Do the adjustments to the background pane
3. Open the script
4. The colors are defined towards the start of the script and given "color names."
5. Then you just have to search for the text you're looking to tweak "ENV" for example, then find the Label entry that corresponds to it, and change the colour name and/or font. Do them one at a time and test to make sure you changed the right element.
6. Then close out all instances of ACE and reopen to audition the changes. If the change you just made isn't reflected the way you thought, then undo it and look elsewhere.

I'm no graphic designer or a programmer of any kind and I was able to figure it out, making all the changes in a few hours last weekend. Can't go outside so might as well fool around with stuff like this while stuck inside.

Love that stereolith mod (and monolith, obviously)

plugmon - any chance of an alt light skin for monolith?

steveyt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:32 am Love that stereolith mod (and monolith, obviously)

You can see a verrrrry rough sketch of light version on this article :
https://plugmon.jp/2020/03/monolith-for ... -released/

I think Oberheim SEM-ish color would fit well, while current dark version is much inspired by Korg MS-20.
But since it's still in the stage of bug fixes and minor adjustments, it won't come soon.
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

plugmon wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:45 am
steveyt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:32 am Love that stereolith mod (and monolith, obviously)

I think Oberheim SEM-ish color would fit well, while current dark version is much inspired by Korg MS-20.
But since it's still in the stage of bug fixes and minor adjustments, it won't come soon.
Oh yeah, that’s perfect :) I can wait

Looks great!

Hope Repro is next.

Monolith is causing crashes here :/ Logic Pro 10.5.0/10.4.8 on Catalina.
even if i use default skin and monolith is in themes folder, changing stack or using preset browser will crash my logic.

Did you try reinstalling ACE and then the skin? I've only ever had skin related crashes with U-he plugins when there were multiple .data folders somewhere due to an installation error on my part. So if you haven't already do this:

1. Back up any user presets
2. Uninstall ACE
3. Search for any additional ACE.data folders in the usual places - if you find any, delete them
4. Reinstall ACE
5. Reinstall Monolith
6. Restore your user presets

Return to “u-he”