Free Zebra2/HZ skin: Wombat Flat (Skin Builder 1.1 final and pre-built skins released)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is 1.1 Beta 6 of the Skin Builder!: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajs76p8w3769d ... 6.zip?dl=0

There are a bunch of changes including:

1. updated to include the various UI revisions U-he made in Zebra 2.9.2. These were generally subtle alignment edits, slight renaming (e.g., "POLY WAVE" to "POLYWAVE"), and changes to the preset browser. Nothing major that you'll notice, but still welcome edits.

2. multiple minor bugfixes throughout

3. Dimming of text on unassigned mod sources so that it is easier to tell when a knob does nothing

4. A fancy colorful "2" after the Zebra logo (thanks mabian for the suggestion! it didn't find the exact font but something close enough for me)

Again pushing to make this "final" soon, so let me know any issues -- had U-he not released 2.9.2 this would have been at least an RC but I'm not 100% confident that those edits haven't broken something yet.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

resistent: are you sure you are looking at a newly generated skin? When I generate a skin from the version I posted yesterday (1.1b6), I get sidebars on those modules. Also, the fact that the 'none' modsources are not dimmed in your screenshot suggests to me that you are looking at an old version.
See below:
Capture.PNG
I'm a little hesitant about adding split lines between the different sections, because split lines are not used anywhere else in the interface so it feels a little inconsistent. On the EQ, I agree that the current width of the middle gray section is not ideal (though I think it looks better than the default ZHZ skin which has a tiny little box...see below) and would look better if a bit wider.

Default ZHZ EQ :lol:
Capture2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

resistent: so I think I've come around to agreeing with you on the separator lines, though I think they work better as dark lines than light. I also have taken a different approach with the EQ that is more consistent with the other FX modules. See below for both changes:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Also, I am adding a new preset (along with a new knob style) to the next version called Superfast. Screenshot below. Good luck guessing the inspiration for this one :lol:

Superfast.PNG

Great colorscheme, thank you.
The knobs look very good too (with the large amount of knobs, it might look a bit too present imho, but this skin seems comfortable to work with).

wombat778 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:59 am Also, I am adding a new preset (along with a new knob style) to the next version called Superfast. Screenshot below. Good luck guessing the inspiration for this one :lol:

Superfast.PNG
Your skin is RAPIDly really evolving superbly :)

These new knobs may replace the Phase Plant ones for me.
Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Beware, a new tiny update went out a couple days ago on Zebra, they fixed a problem with a skin. I don't know how and if it is relevant here, I thought to mention it though...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=553738

- Mario

sinkmusic wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:34 am with the large amount of knobs, it might look a bit too present imho
I actually agree. What I posted above is more like a "first draft" and I'm continuing to tweak. I think that in Rapid with fewer knobs that sort of dramatic style works well, but is a little trickier in Zebra which is a much more knob-heavy interface. That said, I think reducing the size of the knobs and also slightly reducing their contrast creates a bit more spacious and less cluttered look. See below.

Superfast2.PNG

For a first draft, it looks very good:)
Yes, I like it better with slightly smaller sizes.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We are up to 1.1 beta 7! : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mqbmji1v5r7s ... 7.zip?dl=0

Headline changes

1. New preset Superfast, along with a related knob style
2. A proposed alternative solution for the sidebar issue resistent noted by making subdisplays more clearly attached to main displays
3. HD space usage for the package is a fraction of what it was, and space for single color skins is lower. I might use the extra space to add more knob styles in the future :)
4. Speed increases in running the builder.
5. Other misc cleanups

There has been a fair amount of internal restructuring. For example I no longer have to maintain two separate Z2 and ZHZ scripts...instead a single template is customized at runtime for each. Also the two "standard" presets are now generated live rather than just copied so as to save space. As a result there is a higher chance I made errors than in some prior versions. Please keep any bug reports coming, but hopefully 1.1 final soon!

wombat778 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:41 am resistent: so I think I've come around to agreeing with you on the separator lines, though I think they work better as dark lines than light. I also have taken a different approach with the EQ that is more consistent with the other FX modules. See below for both changes:

Capture.PNG
Hi, Does Beta 7 have those changes?
Cause the EQ section and separator lines look the same to me. :)
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”