Free Zebra2/HZ skin: Wombat Flat (Skin Builder 1.1 final and pre-built skins released)

Official support for: u-he.com
KVRist

Topic Starter

168 posts since 19 Apr, 2020

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:00 am

zvenx wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:26 am
Hi, Does Beta 7 have those changes?
Cause the EQ section and separator lines look the same to me. :)
Yes, those changes are in beta 7. I just tried building a test skin and it seems to work fine with both the separator lines and tweaked EQ. Can you doublecheck that you are looking at a skin built with the latest version?

KVRAF
10094 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 am

Hi, yes, I rebuilt my skin using beta 7.... and maybe I am blind...
I can send you a screen shot.....
maybe the differences are so small I dont' notice them.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:14 am

Yes, those changes are shown in your screenshot. See snip below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRAF

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:16 am

Ahh. thanks I misunderstood what the changes were.
As you were.
So Sorry.
Carry on :)
Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRian
547 posts since 4 Feb, 2017

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:16 am

wombat778 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:30 pm
We are up to 1.1 beta 7!
Where can I see previews of the presets listed in the skin builder?
How can I add custom buttons like in the earlier versions?

KVRAF

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:18 am

Are you on mac or pc?
On Mac I don't think you can.
On PC as you use the skin builder.exe it pops up and hows you the previews. and the custom buttons are options (text)
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:30 am

Rivanni wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:16 am
I don’t unfortunately have an integrated method of doing full previews of the presets, though it’s something I might be able to add (or maybe just include a PDF doc with full previews). That said I have posted previews of them all in this thread if you go back a few pages.

As you proceed through the builder, one of the choices is to change the knob style.

KVRAF

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:33 am

I am lucky that I am on mac and pc, so I can build on pc and then share to my mac.
Any plans for mac users in general?
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:39 am

zvenx wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:33 am
I am lucky that I am on mac and pc, so I can build on pc and then share to my mac.
Any plans for mac users in general?
rsp
Unfortunately I think a Mac version will be hard for me to do. First off, I don’t have a Mac and don’t know anything about Mac programming. Second, behind the scenes my builder program is actually running a ton of Windows CMD file operations. It is basically a glorified Windows batch file (I had originally planned to do a batch file until I realized that what I wanted to do would be very complicated to implement in a batch file).

If there was a Mac programmer around who was interested in making a port, I would be happy to help and share my code. I don’t think it would be all that hard to find the equivalent Mac commands to make it work

KVRAF

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:41 am

Indeed.
I meant more that maybe the builds can include at least some ready made options for mac users, like the early pre skinbuilder.exe ones.
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:46 am

Ahh yes, definitely. It’s much easier to do that now that the file sizes are under control. My plan is that as soon as I get to 1.1 final (hopefully next few days) I’ll make a separate download package containing pre-built versions of all the presets.

So with that in mind, if there are any additional preset ideas people would like to see (even just along the lines of “green skin with pink accents”), please let me know and I’ll include them

KVRian

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:43 am

wombat778 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:30 am
Rivanni wrote:
I don’t unfortunately have an integrated method of doing full previews of the presets, though it’s something I might be able to add (or maybe just include a PDF doc with full previews). That said I have posted previews of them all in this thread if you go back a few pages.
If you include those previews in the package that would be nice. Then nobody has to scroll through the pages here.
As you proceed through the builder, one of the choices is to change the knob style.
Not when you choose the multi color theme.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:01 am

Ahh, you probably selected the “Standard” theme. That is a quick start of sorts and just builds the multicolor theme with no questions asked. But if you choose a “Custom” multicolor theme (option 4) that will ask you various questions but the default answers (just press Enter) will produce a skin identical to the standard multicolor one. When you get to the question about knobs, choose the one you like and then proceed with the defaults on all other questions.

KVRian

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:36 am

wombat778 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:01 am
Ahh, you probably selected the “Standard” theme. That is a quick start of sorts and just builds the multicolor theme with no questions asked. But if you choose a “Custom” multicolor theme (option 4) that will ask you various questions but the default answers (just press Enter) will produce a skin identical to the standard multicolor one. When you get to the question about knobs, choose the one you like and then proceed with the defaults on all other questions.
Ah, thank you. :tu:

KVRAF
8383 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:24 am

wombat778 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:30 am
Rivanni wrote:

I think the PDF option is probably the cleanest/easiest.

Return to “u-he”