Hive 2.1 public beta 01 revision 10837

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Breach The Sky wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:43 am The different modes also make a huge difference (of course). Especially between clean and the other two modes. I find that the sound change drastically when you switch, why is that? Just curious (If I make any sense). :)
Distortion vs. Limiting the feedback (Dirty vs. Clean/Normal)
Somehow different octave of frequency shift in Clean for Sideband filter

Urs wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:06 am Distortion vs. Limiting the feedback (Dirty vs. Clean/Normal)
Somehow? :ud: But yeah, it was the octave shifting that stood out!

Breach The Sky wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:07 pm
Urs wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:06 am Distortion vs. Limiting the feedback (Dirty vs. Clean/Normal)
Yeah, I never found out why it's an octave off, but we were in the middle of sound design for some project and they were already using it and then I thought maybe it's a cool thing aka happy accident.

Urs wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:29 pm
Yeah, I never found out why it's an octave off, but we were in the middle of sound design for some project and they were already using it and then I thought maybe it's a cool thing aka happy accident.
*X-Files theme playing* I Agree tough, might be a cool quirk kinda thing.. Certainly not a problem by any means :) I do like the amount of sweet-spots I can coax from these filters.

Urs wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:29 pm
I think it's cool you left that in. Happy accidents are a nice thing IMO. I dread the post when someone notices this and angrily complains it's a bug that must be fixed because they absolutely need the correct octave in the sideband filter in Clean mode, and no other mode or workaround can do for whatever reason!

You know that will happen for sure!!
Rsp
sound sculptist

All the more reason to wish for that mix-and-match mode :)

How to reset Hive's LFO, i want it to run in sync mode but there are certain moments when I want it to start at the beginning?
Murderous duck!

All awesome updates......Hive 2's arp/seq needs a note divide/repeat option for each note......to be able to do "Ratcheting" style apps and seq's....then it's PERFECt :-)

whiteorbit1 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:06 am All awesome updates......Hive 2's arp/seq needs a note divide/repeat option for each note......to be able to do "Ratcheting" style apps and seq's....then it's PERFECt :-)
a workaround and not perfect, but sometimes I use the sequencer to modulate delay mix and only bring the delay in on a couple steps...

I have bad eyes and these high contrast / white on grey interfaces are 100% a no-go for me. I refused to use Massive X for this reason, and fortunately they got the message and released the grey version. But I definitely won't be using the white skin. Honestly the entire new UI just doesn't interest me. The new features seem great though, looking forward to the production release.

whiteorbit1 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:06 am All awesome updates......Hive 2's arp/seq needs a note divide/repeat option for each note......to be able to do "Ratcheting" style apps and seq's....then it's PERFECt :-)
I use the Shape Sequencer for this in One-by-One mode. Lots of control over ratchets then.

Alternatively use it in the default mode and use the new position modulation to push it to a ratcheting bit when you need it (or modulate rate... well, many ways...)

Speaking of the shape sequencer, there is something which has always puzzled me about it. There is a UI inconsistency I mentioned in Plugmon's thread but I kind of drowned it in a block of text and it also concerns Hive's original theme.

Basically, there are two ways to choose a shape: click on an icon above the "Segment Type" label or right click on the scope to deploy a drop down menu. The triangle shape is the third option from the drop down menu but appears at the second place in the segment types area.
Hive.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I found the main culprits in Hive.txt.

Line 1781
CONTROL type='Button On-Off' name='_TriangleShape' bounds='225.00 275.00 30.00 20.00' parent='Pane 278445' layerMask='1'

Line 1792
CONTROL type='Button On-Off' name='_SquareShape' bounds='260.00 275.00 30.00 20.00' parent='Pane 278445' layerMask='1'

In my opinion, swapping their bounds could improve the UI. But I have to admit it is more akin to nitpicking than proper beta testing.

I hope user LFO shapes are in the works.

Return to “u-he”