Hive 2.1 public beta 01 revision 10837

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:20 pm
accessdune3 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:14 pm Urs can you add Noise (pink/white) as a selectable wave in the LFO section? Trying mimicking with rh or rg can give similar results but still not there
White and pink noise sound horrible as modulators. We added "ModNoise", which you can further modify with the slew limiters.
Wow this is awesome! What was that added? Didn't see in what's new :love:

Thank you :love:

(might have slipped our attention... it was originally added to Uhbik, but the added to Hive as well)

@Urs sorry for being annoying but is there any hint what to do in my complicated :) LFO case?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:56 am @Urs sorry for being annoying but is there any hint what to do in my complicated :) LFO case?
There's no way in Hive to trigger an LFO at a defined point of time other than a key trigger / gate.

How about you use a single trigger LFO, play your build-up in legato - overlapping notes, can be poly - and then just swiftly add a minuscule break before the first note after the drop?

Urs wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:05 pm There's no way in Hive to trigger an LFO at a defined point of time other than a key trigger / gate.

How about you use a single trigger LFO, play your build-up in legato - overlapping notes, can be poly - and then just swiftly add a minuscule break before the first note after the drop?
Sure thanks.
I see I have no choice except gate mode + legato.
Please think of feature though: application is clear and other synths has the way to do it.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:00 pm ... other synths has the way to do it.
hence my question before, I'd like to have peek... picture me curious...

Urs wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:26 pm hence my question before, I'd like to have peek... picture me curious...
You probably missed it:
david.beholder wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:59 pm @Urs also, I've just checked on my Pro-3 in both sync and not sync modes switching wave reset on/off is restarting LFO.
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=4453.0

But phase is only respected in gate mode and looks like bug.
Murderous duck!

The wavetable browser seems to have resolved the list limit by separating folders from files which is a great solution. However, the folder list seems to flatten hierarchical folders and I end up with a very long and confusing list. Is there a way to maintain the hierarchical structure when choosing a folder? Or perhaps style top-level folders in bold (not sure what to do with multiple levels).

yellowmix wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:11 am The wavetable browser seems to have resolved the list limit by separating folders from files which is a great solution. However, the folder list seems to flatten hierarchical folders and I end up with a very long and confusing list. Is there a way to maintain the hierarchical structure when choosing a folder? Or perhaps style top-level folders in bold (not sure what to do with multiple levels).
You have more than 8k wavetables in your directory, this is the format you're stuck with, unless you trim it down. Urs floated the idea of indenting the list so that the folder structure is more obvious when browsing.

I had this same problem and I just saw it as a chance to tidy up my collection.
Always Read the Manual!

david.beholder wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:51 pm
Urs wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:26 pm hence my question before, I'd like to have peek... picture me curious...
You probably missed it:
david.beholder wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:59 pm @Urs also, I've just checked on my Pro-3 in both sync and not sync modes switching wave reset on/off is restarting LFO.
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=4453.0

But phase is only respected in gate mode and looks like bug.
hehehe, I'm not gonna buy a Pro-3 in order to look at an LFO feature that you describe as buggy... I was hoping for a plug-in name with a demo version which has fully working what you ask for. Mind you, I'm not against the concept ate all, I just have difficulties envisioning a consistent solution.

My hunch re Pro-3 LFO bug: They had the same problem. They made it trigger-able but sacrificed the phase parameter. We did the opposite, we allowed phase to work with synced LFOs, but no trigger option.

yellowmix wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:11 am The wavetable browser seems to have resolved the list limit by separating folders from files which is a great solution. However, the folder list seems to flatten hierarchical folders and I end up with a very long and confusing list. Is there a way to maintain the hierarchical structure when choosing a folder? Or perhaps style top-level folders in bold (not sure what to do with multiple levels).
In the long run a dedicated browser would be favourable.

Thing is, when we built the original solution - strictly hierarchical menus which couldn't handle 8000+ files - we looked at other synths to estimate the requirements. Serum etc. obviously became successful with only rudimentary browsing through menus. Obviously, adding a forward/backward navigation for files and folders was a vast improvement over those "menu only" approaches. We simply stopped there because it seemed pretty good.

We however did not expect people to have such huge collections of wavetable files, mostly also because to us they do not make sense. In my opinion, a small but well picked collection gets people a lot further than huge collections that take a long time to scout. Nevertheless, we now know that people do have these collections and cherish them, but we could only make the current solution work for them as it is now.

As Hive 2.1 will be a two-stage release (it will initially lack AAX support for Pro Tools on Mac due to Avid being behind in development, my hunch is iLok), there'll be a 2.1.1 update in a few months. I could try to indent folders and I could try to add, say, a normal file browser. A more comprehensive solution will take a lot of time to develop, and these resources won't be available until much later in our schedule.

Urs wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:10 am
In my opinion, a small but well picked collection gets people a lot further than huge collections
Completely agree. Quality, interesting wavetables is the key. :tu:

re: Wavetables: Hive just *needs* (all subjective, right ?) a .uhm editor. Scripting is great, though a more immediate tool would be perfect.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Urs wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:10 am In my opinion, a small but well picked collection gets people a lot further than huge collections that take a long time to scout.
Absolutely agree. :tu:

e-musician wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:39 am
Urs wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:10 am In my opinion, a small but well picked collection gets people a lot further than huge collections that take a long time to scout.
Absolutely agree. :tu:
Such a huge wavetable collection is unimaginable for me. It would take like 12 hours just to go through the list. I'd delete 7600 of em as a form of self defense! :hihi:

Return to “u-he”