Hive 2.1 Izmo skin by Plugmon

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What about this? And some older skins i can't find now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

accessdune3 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:39 pm What about this? And some older skins i can't find now
pleasing for the (my) eyes. Don't like the green that much. But a overall pleasing skin :tu:

accessdune3 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:39 pm What about this? And some older skins i can't find now
There was a lot of valid criticism. We listened, rethought and arrived at where we are.

exmatproton wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:33 pm
pleasing for the (my) eyes. Don't like the green that much. But a overall pleasing skin :tu:
Wait. It's green? I thought it looked grey. Damn my colorblindness. :(

karlfranz wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:15 am Some of these factors are .....
Fascinating, thanks!!

fgimian wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:22 pm the colour selection is extremely hard for those of us who are colourblind as it results in a very similar shade of grey to the background.
Similarly very interesting, thanks for sharing

I like this quite a bit. Looks like a hardware synth I wouldn't be able to afford, which is fun.

Urs wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:10 pm
There was a lot of valid criticism. We listened, rethought and arrived at where we are.
I see. I actually like some elements from this skin. Particularly the osc and filter section. But all in all Default skin that it is now is very good and much better then it was before or this concept i posted. Tho i also remember one "woody" skin was in the works, can't find it to check how it looks now :-D

Urs wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:26 am
We can certainly talk about this, and iteratively improve the skin through releases 8)

Currently we expect Hive 2.1 to come out in two stages anyway. Because of lack of support for Apple Silicon and Big Sur, there will be no AAX version for Mac initially (we don't know why Avid insist on supporting medieval concepts like iLok which again and again throws wrenches in their gears). Hence there'll be a 2.1.1 a few months later for which we can add polished UI ideas (also for the orig skin).
If I could make one suggestion for 2.1.1:
Add an option to allow users to change the scroll direction of linear and rotary controls. Right now, dragging down with two fingers on a trackpad while hovering on a fader makes the slider move up and vice versa. It looks especially odd when moving the Mod Wheel. There is a setting in Mac OS to change this but it is global to the entire system which is not desirable. It's worth noting that Roland Cloud also added this option to all its VSTs for the same reason.

Cheers.

OMG AIKO is amazing

what chances of Zebra3 shipping with a plugmon skin?

karlfranz wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:41 am
We can certainly talk about this, and iteratively improve the skin through releases 8)

Currently we expect Hive 2.1 to come out in two stages anyway. Because of lack of support for Apple Silicon and Big Sur, there will be no AAX version for Mac initially (we don't know why Avid insist on supporting medieval concepts like iLok which again and again throws wrenches in their gears). Hence there'll be a 2.1.1 a few months later for which we can add polished UI ideas (also for the orig skin).
Add an option to allow users to change the scroll direction of linear and rotary controls. Right now, dragging down with two fingers on a trackpad while hovering on a fader makes the slider move up and vice versa. It looks especially odd when moving the Mod Wheel. There is a setting in Mac OS to change this but it is global to the entire system which is not desirable. It's worth noting that Roland Cloud also added this option to all its VSTs for the same reason.

Cheers.
Ditto for mousewheel when scrolling in patch browser or over dropdown menus...

@u-he
Does this WIP skin still exist? Is it feasible that you might offer this on your website as a download? Only, of course, if it had been fully developed back then. I do not want to impose any additional work on you. :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

And on topic again: I do quite like the new shades of grey/white that Plugmon showed here (a few posts earlier).

As regards the combination of dark and light: My preference still is light - dark - light.
Last edited by e-musician on Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:35 pm
karlfranz wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:41 am

Cheers.
Ditto for mousewheel when scrolling in patch browser or over dropdown menus...
Completely agree and I mentioned this a few pages ago too. The scroll direction in the browser is opposite to what one would expect. I'd just be happy if it was reversed permanently to match most other programs (at least on Windows).

Well, the mousewheel direction is fine if you use a touchpad, FWIW. It should be an option indeed, not a hardcoded thing.

Urs is it possible to add a unison? With an option saying that use it at your own risk as it will increase cpu greatly.

Also can you add more distortion modes? And maybe more distortion options?

Return to “u-he”