New desire

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wating for new softsynth of U he...something like Moog One 16 or mother maybe Andromeda

personally I'd much rather see a "diva 2" that is expanded with more models, updated modulation system, and focusing on just being a really really really really good synth that can pull off analog tricks and analog sounds rather than slavish emulations of specific pieces of other existing gear.

We won't have a new synth or effect for a while, in order to improve and update what we've already got. That's why we did a few sales in the past two years, to cash up a bit so we don't always need new stuff.

Mind you, I'm surely itching for something new, too. Last year I almost went through with Yet-Another-Minimoog-Emulation after I got annoyed by the choices some manufacturers made. This will however become part of a Diva update rather than a product on its own. Not sure.

Urs wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:39 am We won't have a new synth or effect for a while, in order to improve and update what we've already got. That's why we did a few sales in the past two years, to cash up a bit so we don't always need new stuff.

Mind you, I'm surely itching for something new, too. Last year I almost went through with Yet-Another-Minimoog-Emulation after I got annoyed by the choices some manufacturers made. This will however become part of a Diva update rather than a product on its own. Not sure.
Super-appreciate your & the rest of U-he’s attention to detail, Urs - I dunno: the only well-known hardware synth that I can think of that’s still supremely desirable and hasn’t been fully realized in software form yet (at least) to my complete liking is Yamaha’s CS-80. I do like Arturia’s V version - it’s pretty good - and maybe in the V4 iteration it will get all the way there (Arturia’s V4 version of Roland’s Jupiter is great, imho) - Matrix-12 would be my 2nd choice, I suppose. But the CS-80: after actually playing one new in a store - it’s a beast with a sound that matches it’s packaging.

Minimoog? Moogs’ own iOS emulation is pretty good, actually. Yep: iPad and iPhone.
Last edited by goldenanalog on Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

I really really really want Urs' take on all The Cats. :)

Urs wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:39 am This will however become part of a Diva update rather than a product on its own.
:tu:

More effects in Diva would be nice too. :)

sure, yeah, might happen as well at some point...

Curious about what those annoying Minimoog choices were.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:51 pm Curious about what those annoying Minimoog choices were.
Choices that today I would definitely make. Choices we made for Repro.

Stuff like this: If a Minimoog nowadays has the same glide time going up as it has going down, the glide circuit was not modelled at all. If the envelopes don't "stack", their hasen't been modelled at all. Instead, some kind of black-box approach was used which does not coincide with what people would have noticed, had they paid attention to detail. Same goes for screechy resonance, lack of certain snappy things or even the sound of FM.

Sure, some Minis sound different then others. But some characteristics are noticeable present in all of them.

This doesn't mean those emulations aren't gorgeous sounding or anything. Maybe they're too gorgeous sounding, romanticising the way a Minimoog would sound, but also probably taking away some of the grit it has.

Wonder if you're talking about Softube's attempt there. :)

I'm also curious as to your thoughts about the feedback in software emulations as well. Starsky Carr did a comparison recently and that felt like one area where the software emulations fell down. I've only got a Poly-D to compare to and the feedback doesn't sound great there either but I do keep the headphone output hard wired into it for a bit more oomph.

All that stuff above and beefIer feedback in a Diva update (let's say 2024 to 2026) would be great!

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:47 pm Wonder if you're talking about Softube's attempt there. :)
I'm not going to single out particular companies, even the best emulation leaves something to desire for my personal, individual preference.

I'm not saying they're wrong or bad even (they're not), I'm just saying that I would make different choices. I'm moving from the paradigm of "accuracy" to the paradigm of "interpretation". As in, everyone has different weighs as to what is important to them. In that sense, some emulations feel to me like Gentle Giant had used Autotune, i.e. they were "perfected" rather than brought to life.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:04 pm(let's say 2024 to 2026)
I sure hope sooner.

Didn’t want to add any pressure. :wink:

Urs wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:39 am We won't have a new synth or effect for a while, in order to improve and update what we've already got. That's why we did a few sales in the past two years, to cash up a bit so we don't always need new stuff.

Hi Urs,
Would it be possible to include a dual filter option into diva one day?

Return to “u-he”