Hive 2.1 public beta 02 revision 10947 (incl. native Silicon M1 support)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you know it would be awesome if you could change the wavetable modulation by dragging up/down while simultaneously moving the wavetable position by left/right..... which would solve the horizontal problem.
Personally I would like the modulation rings in one of the bottom corners rather than in the middle of the waveform window but that's possibly just me. Thank you. :-)

i see that scopes are finally hires/retina. :love:

great update. M1 numbers show improvements over 2.1b1 and over rosetta :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just wanted to say thanks to Urs for improving the visibility of modulation assignments using drag and drop, this is much much easier to see now (for those of us who are colourblind).

Ploki wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:54 pm i see that scopes are finally hires/retina. :love:

Clearly I don't know how to read a diagram :).
But isn't that showing the same number for Native and Rosetta?
rsp
sound sculptist

WOW, smooth as a babies bottom...

Played around with the demo, performance is flawless, looking forward to the great things to come for all the rest of the instruments!

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:43 am
Ploki wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:54 pm i see that scopes are finally hires/retina. :love:

Clearly I don't know how to read a diagram :).
rsp
I guess: At small buffers, the major performance hit is "logistics" which are independent of platform and environment. With larger buffers, individual optimisation plays out a lot better.

I've had no problems with the new beta so far under Cubase Pro 11.010

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:43 am Clearly I don't know how to read a diagram :).
rsp
yeah but smaller cpu usage. tbh 225% utilization before crackling starts is a bit low, but it might be something else at play.
@urs do you guys use -ffast-math key when compiling?

The mousewheel scroll direction in the preset browser is still really confusing for me, it's absolutely the wrong way here on PC / Windows 10. Urs, can you please correct this or at least add an option to reverse it?

Still hoping you'll throw in a Matrix C page last minute, but apart from that I don't have any comments to the new beta.
And I guess the (lack of) activity in this thread suggests that you're pretty much there.
It's a great one!

Does that suggest that the performance gains using a native M1 plugin-in version are very minor?
I was hoping to see more difference. :neutral:

tslays wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:51 pm
Does that suggest that the performance gains using a native M1 plugin-in version are very minor?
I was hoping to see more difference. :neutral:
so did i. :)
we'll se what Diva shows when it's native.

There's been a huge discrepancy between native vs M1 builds as far as i observed. Some native builds were performing worse before fixed (Fuse Audio, Reveal Sound), some performed respectably better (+25% for FabFilter, Youlean). Spire was the biggest leap - when they sent me a fixed version it performed a whopping 40% better.
Voxengo i.e. has performance gains in line with u-he.
I have no clue why and what affects that

Hive's wavetable engine won't benefit from a native build as much as, say, Diva's filters. That's because the expensive parts are for instance linked to the system's Accelerate framework, which will surely run at native speed in Rosetta no matter what. I reckon there will be better benefits with presets that use non-wavetable classic waveforms - which are lower CPU anyway, but which shifts focus of optimisation to the filter section. And if that's the case you'll know that this is what's gonna happen with Diva.

thanks for the insight, will do another bench with a preset that's not WT-based
so... -ffast-math?

40watt wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:42 pm Do you know it would be awesome if you could change the wavetable modulation by dragging up/down while simultaneously moving the wavetable position by left/right..... which would solve the horizontal problem.
Would rather not turn wavetable position/modulation into a performance XY pad where more precision is desired. Changing one parameter results in changing the other unless you can lock a direction which means modifier keys or some other complexity. I agree that left/right and up/down can coexist in the same panel, and furthermore make it clearer which parameter is being adjusted.

Return to “u-he”