Help with controlling Zebra2 initial plugin volume with dummy clip in Live 10

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I am having a hard time understanding what I am doing wrong: I want to launch a preset with a dummy clip, and I would like to change the default "Output" volume of the patch to be louder at the same time...

I can get the PC to happen just fine (in the clip: bank = 1, 004 for the patch, in the MIDI bank menu of Zebra2), but the automation augmentation I set in the clip's envelop section to raise the output volume on the patch keeps resetting to the initial default value (too quiet) each time I rewind Live to the beginning of the sequence. It does not seem to stick... This was even after selecting "configure' in the plugin device window in live, moving the output knob in Zebra2, and setting the slider that showed up as a learned parameter in the Live device window for Zebra2... The values change to where I would like them to be, but reset back to being too low when rewinding to the top of the sequence.

Interestingly enough, the mod wheel parameter I set using the envelop automation works and holds...

After 4hrs of being frustrated, I relied on the work-around of saving a copy of the patch that had a higher volume setting, and just using that to re-import into Live. But, there must be a way to change the plugin parameters and have it stick even if you rewind to the beginning of the sequence?

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the rambling,
I need to sleep now.

~sayatnova

If you restart an Ableton Live clip, it will send the program change again, thus setting the preset back to its saved values.

One idea would be to set the output parameter to the value you need, and then lock this parameter in the plugin, so it doesn't change when the program change is received.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thank you for your reply. But I think if I do it that way, will the output level that is locked stay at the same level even if I change patches? IE: is the locking of the output parameter in the plugin: patch-specific; or global for the whole synth?

If global, then it is probably best to just save a copy of the patch with the output levels where I want them to start as a default?

I appreciate the help, thank you.

The lock feature locks a parameter so it stays the same when switching presets.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Excellent, thank you for the help!

Return to “u-he”