would it be possible to expose controls a & b as knobs?

Official support for: u-he.com
KVRAF
18753 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:35 am

justin3am wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:17 am
No, I think you only get Post FX chains with VST plug-ins. Only the instruments included with Bitwig appear to have Note FX chains built in.
Yeah... I've wanted the Note FX box for VST's too... as is you have to make a chain, or instrument layer, etc.

For some sounds I use multiple instances of Bazille in an Instrument Selector so that I can do per voice modulation of Bazille knobs that cannot otherwise be modulated. But even with one instance, you can still do some fun stuff with Bitwig modulators and Bazille! :love: :love: :love:

KVRian
1036 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:20 am

Thanks for the replies. Instrument Layers it is then!
Always Read the Manual!

KVRAF
21538 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:44 am

justin3am wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:49 am
Why not just ask for assignable Macro controls? I mean that's what this really amounts to, right?
Macros don't participate as modulation sources (i.e. can't use them to sweep through a modmapper etc), but Ctrl A/B do.

KVRist

Topic Starter

46 posts since 7 Dec, 2020

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:45 am

EvilDragon makes a good point, but for the record I'd be happy with Macro controls also. I really like Ableton's Push controller and am always looking for ways to make it work a tiny bit better. Exposed A/B knobs would be cool, macro controls would be cool.

KVRAF
11366 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:46 am

Well, I mean, if we're making feature requests, why not ask for Macro controls to also be modulation sources? :-)
I'm not actually advocating for new features (also not disagreeing with them)... I'm just saying, if you are going to ask for something to be added, why not ask for what you really want, rather than repurposing something that already exists for a different reason. It's a habit I have had to break myself of, in my own projects.

KVRAF

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:53 am

I say this because, if A and B knobs were added, but they were not exposed for automation (because they are already controlled by specific MIDI CCs), they still couldn't be access from the Push controller. Ultimately, it's not the GUI knobs you need, it's some form of automate-able parameter which can be used to control other parameters. I hope that makes sense.

KVRist

Topic Starter

46 posts since 7 Dec, 2020

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:01 am

I understood what I was asking for. It's fine, Urs has answered, it sounds like it's not going to happen, and I'm happy to move on.

KVRAF
2765 posts since 3 Mar, 2006

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:04 am

what if control A+B inputs had attenuverters and offset knobs and those knobs were accessible to automation? Then you could automate the offset knob and use the automation and the midi together... As well as the use case of generally shaping and taming the CCs you're bringing in.

KVRAF

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:12 am

MitchK1989 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:04 am
what if control A+B inputs had attenuverters and offset knobs and those knobs were accessible to automation? Then you could automate the offset knob and use the automation and the midi together... As well as the use case of generally shaping and taming the CCs you're bringing in.
I like the way you think. :tu:

Return to “u-he”