ARM updates galore beta round 01 revision 11152

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) Bazille Colour Copy Diva Presswerk Repro Satin

Urs wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:41 am LOL, and I thought *we* were slow about this...
Not the fastest, but i'd still count you among "fast". :hug:
You're not the last of the devs i use plugins from to go native, but you're not the first either :P

The problem is everything iLok can't go native until iLok goes native, early 2022 :dog:

Ploki wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:59 amThe problem is everything iLok can't go native until iLok goes native, early 2022 :dog:
April Fools?

Urs wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:09 am
Ploki wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:59 amThe problem is everything iLok can't go native until iLok goes native, early 2022 :dog:
April Fools?
i wish :evil:

Ploki wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:34 am reaper logic and tracktion. And no, arm native versions won't work in rosetta DAWs
Ta
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Ploki wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:09 am
Urs wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:09 am
April Fools?
i wish :evil:
ugh... looks like plenty of time for us until we get to work on AAX for Mac again :neutral:

So awesome, my favorite synths are back! So smooth and this even on 150% scaling. Thanks so much to the team. Super happy with the update. Didn't encounter any bugs so far!

tslays wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:31 pm So awesome, my favorite synths are back! So smooth and this even on 150% scaling. Thanks so much to the team. Super happy with the update.
Yay!
Didn't encounter any bugs so far!
(wait till you switch automatic brightness adjustment back on! :hihi: )

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:19 pm
Urs wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:36 pmHehehe, you should probably not do that because IIRC some hosts won't find VST3 plug-ins in subfolders. (I may be wrong, but that's how it used to be)
From what I have: Reaper, FL20, Live 10/11, Bitwig, Studio One, Cakewalk, none of them have a problem with this whatsoever. Which leaves, I guess, Cubendo as a possibility to be anal about it, but I'm not sure.

Actually I'm sure. Surge installs its VST3 in a subfolder (VST3\Surge Synth Team\Surge.vst3), and we had zero Cubase users complain about Surge not being scanned or available in Cubase, so... I guess it's all good!

Oh, there's also Digital Performer... I don't have that, dunno how it behaves.
Yeah Cubendo is fine with subfolders.
rsp
sound sculptist

MBP M1 8GB/256GB. REAPER 6.26 ARM Build. UA Apollo Twin X Software 9.13.1. Big Sur 11.2.3.

I can run as twice as many instances of Satin compared to running REAPER Intel build using Rosetta-2.

Mind-blowing :clap:

I may be incredibly stupid, but was there a separate link for Repro5? that link only had the repro1 installer in it.

XpanderDude wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:58 pm ...was there a separate link for Repro5? that link only had the repro1 installer in it.
It's an all-in-one installer that includes both. It inherits the name from its first iteration when it was only Repro-1 (Repro-5 joined with the v1.1 update one year later).

Cheers!

Nice! The brightness thing is really a weird bug 😂

Anyway: I thought that with the introduction of the inverted scroll direction settings, the direction of the 2-finger up-down drag (trackpad) on a knob would also invert.
On every other plugin when you drag up the knob rotates right.
void main(dumb)

sQeetz wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:59 pm Nice! The brightness thing is really a weird bug 😂
Now I feel like I'm missing out, my Mini doesn't have auto brightness... :(

I haven't noticed this bug because I've always had auto-brightness disabled, but there is an odd one in Logic itself that still isn't fixed where if loaded under Rosetta using a different color profile like sRGB, most of Logic's UI elements like sliders, dropdown menus, mixer channels are completely invisible along with the main track window itself when loading up previous projects. It baffled me for weeks until I discovered it was caused by the non-standard display profile. These types of bugs surrounding color space, screen brightness, etc... are strange.

sQeetz wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:59 pm Anyway: I thought that with the introduction of the inverted scroll direction settings, the direction of the 2-finger up-down drag (trackpad) on a knob would also invert.
On every other plugin when you drag up the knob rotates right.
The scrolling direction preference for the preset browser already took multiple days to get it right, and this was just one control element.
Getting this done for all knobs and faders and menus in all plugins is a challenge we just couldn't tackle right now.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to “u-he”