Beware of scammers selling unused reg codes!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: ↑Fri May 14, 2021 4:22 pm
jcolle wrote: ↑Fri May 14, 2021 3:54 pm And you guys add 30 days before reselling because of this right? Good move. You protect your customers very well!
I think 6 weeks...

It's the time it usually takes for a credit institutes to process chargebacks.
That makes me think I'll be ok with my recent purchase, though my purchase was for an unused code and not a transfer. I'll feel disheartened if I've been scammed!

Ahh i miss read sorry, yes 6 weeks.
Roots, Rock, Reggae

I have more reason now to be suspicious of the person I bought the Hive 2 serial number from. If it would be helpful, I can send the persons name on KVR. Let me know and I can send details.

I already registered, then asked for my serials numbers to be sent to me and the Hive 2 serial was sent so I'm assuming I'm safe, but would be good to know for certain if possible.

Is there any way to confirm or deny my purchase and what will happen to my license if it turns out to be a scam?

Thanks!

Greg K.

Please don't send names or anything anywhere.

Urs wrote: ↑Fri May 21, 2021 1:28 pm Please don't send names or anything anywhere.
Ok, thanks! I almost did, but glad I asked then.

Please PM me the details.

thanks
killmaster wrote: ↑Fri May 21, 2021 1:30 pm
Urs wrote: ↑Fri May 21, 2021 1:28 pm Please don't send names or anything anywhere.
Ok, thanks! I almost did, but glad I asked then.

gondii wrote: ↑Sat May 08, 2021 6:51 pm I really appreciate how much thought and care you put into protecting people buying (and selling) second hand licenses of your products, Urs.
Absolutely.

I'm sure I'll make myself unpopular, but actually I would understand a small transfer fee to cover the additional work. At least I would like to pay it in such cases to show appreciation for making u-he products hassle free in every way. :love:

midi_transmission wrote: ↑Thu May 27, 2021 7:47 pm I'm sure I'll make myself unpopular, but actually I would understand a small transfer fee to cover the additional work. At least I would like to pay it in such cases to show appreciation for making u-he products hassle free in every way. :love:
I'd buy new releases, but all I'm getting is free upgrades :D

Urs wrote: ↑Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:15 pm Hi all,

currently there's a new scam where people sell "unused" redeem codes aka registration codes for our products. In this scam, the redeem codes are not obtained legally, but by means of fraud.

At this point, there is no good reason for anyone to sell redeem codes from our NI sale anymore, because this time the bundle was not splittable. There never was any good reason really to resell a redeem code for a third party seller.
TBH, I never understood all the unused reg codes which are offered here frequently. Not saying that all of them are fraudulent, but, it's beyond me how you can buy something for 600 € (I saw Cubase Pro codes offered here), and then never activate it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hi, interesting and good to know but what about offers like the last one from bitwig etc? Where you get a code and you trade it away or sell it? Isnt this allowed?
Isnt it a legal new code you get in such an offer?
Thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Sure, many such sales are completely legal. I just want everyone to be aware that there are a lot of scams.

Like recently, a guy came up and said he was legal and he wanted to prove it, but when we asked for prove he declined. Not entirely sure what to think about that.

Urs wrote: ↑Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:27 pm Sure, many such sales are completely legal. I just want everyone to be aware that there are a lot of scams.

Like recently, a guy came up and said he was legal and he wanted to prove it, but when we asked for prove he declined. Not entirely sure what to think about that.
Thx a lot Urs cause i just got a bit worried as i still should get a license otherwise i wouldnt have used the bitwig offer :).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Careful shopping through the second hands! A few days ago U-He team write to me that my license is invalid, as the fraudster gave me a stealled Redeem Code. For me it is very sad. I never planned to part with Hive2 and sell. Only the fact of such a fake is very unpleasant for me.

Hi Alex, perhaps you misunderstood our conversation, but we haven't removed your Hive 2 license from your account, we simply turned it into an NFR license, so you can't sell it, but you do still have it and can use it.

The unshushable Coktor
I know what is NFR license.
And above, I wrote that I did not plan to someday selling Hive2, I always need it like Wavetable Engine with scripts.
It is even convenient for me if the license is NFR, if my e-mail hacks no one can use my registers.

Return to β€œu-he”