Script to disable velvet noise on all repro preset

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

can't find it but i remember someone making a script that combed through all Repro presets and disabled velvet noise. :)
i'd really like that script, i don't really appreciate repro adding noise

Go to your Repro-1.data\Modules\Velvet folder. You'll see the .h2p presets there. Back them up by renaming them to something like Bright.bak. Then open them in a text editor and modify lines 9 and 10. Here's on example:

hiss=-120.00
mnoise=-86.03

See if setting one or both of those to zero does the trick on one preset, then do the rest once you're happy. It's not too many.

Worst case, you screw something up and just restore the backup. Note: do not change anything below the line it says not to change anything below. ;)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:45 pm Worst case, you screw something up and just restore the backup. Note: do not change anything below the line it says not to change anything below. ;)
Purely out of curiosity, what does that incomprehensible computer garble do for the preset? Can it be changed in any meaningful way to make some weird adjustments, or will the preset just break if it's not a certain way?
i can't really make music

Our .h2p preset format is deliberately "human readable" for most parts - they open in any plain text editor. If you need a more meaningful example, you can save as "h2p extended" which contains further annotations.

In by far the most cases parameters are set by something like Cutoff=87.00 which commonly corresponds exactly to the value the knob would set in the UI.

As long as you can identify a parameter and its value, you can edit it without breaking the rest of the preset.

so going by satin,
hssmute = Auto Mute
hiss = Hiss
mnoise = Asperity

And because these are in all repro presets, i guess i have to do all presets?

Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:12 am so going by satin,
hssmute = Auto Mute
hiss = Hiss
mnoise = Asperity

There might be a trick to lock them and then you just need to re-save them (select all presets, then choose "convert to h2p"). Maybe someone has experience with that and can chime in?

(note: Make backup before trying such a thing)

Urs wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:20 am
Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:12 am so going by satin,
hssmute = Auto Mute
hiss = Hiss
mnoise = Asperity

There might be a trick to lock them and then you just need to re-save them (select all presets, then choose "convert to h2p"). Maybe someone has experience with that and can chime in?

(note: Make backup before trying such a thing)
Thanks for the tip!
in satins default preset i have these in the default preset:
#lock=Satin:hiss
#lock=Satin:hssmute

i tried making a default repro preset with locked gain and i got this:
#lock=Velvet:ingain

so i guess i could try to add this to the user default preset?
#lock=Velvet:hiss
#lock=Velvet:hssmute

in satin it generally works - default preset opens with locks and all subsequent presets have those unchanged.

feels less destructive than

Code: Select all

find . -type f -name "*.h2p" -not -path '*/\.*' -exec sed -i '' -e 's/hssmute=0/hssmute=1/' {} \;
also i don't need to repeat it everytime i add a preset

edit: but also in satin, i have the preset saved as default in Logic, i don't think locks get saved with .h2p, do they?

you can edit your default.h2p of Repro IIRC

Urs wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:09 am you can edit your default.h2p of Repro IIRC
I put these locks in default.h2p:
#lock=Velvet:hiss
#lock=Velvet:ingain
#lock=Velvet:hssmute

but they don't appear when the default opens, and these parameters don't appear locked.

if i manually lock Velvet "in gain" and save as logic's default preset (appears in preset browsers as "default (AU)" then the lock for ingain is recalled.
But i can't manually lock Hiss and Mute so i can't get them to stay lock via default it would appear

I'm in a post covid brainfog situation here, so I'm not sure I completely understand what's going on in this thread, but I edited the default skin and added Tape Hiss, Automute and Asperity controls to the Velvet module. Hope it helps :clown:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So i did this:

find . -type f -name "*.h2p" -not -path '*/\.*' -exec sed -i '' -e 's/hssmute=0/hssmute=1/' {} \;
find . -type f -name "*.h2p" -not -path '*/\.*' -exec sed -i '' -e 's/hiss=.*/hiss=-120.00/g' {} \;
it seems to work fine.
if you launch it on repro-5 folder it will ignore hidden files and anything that's not .h2p, and replace all "hiss=x" with "hiss=-120" and "hssmute=0" with "hssmute=1"

i find asperity fun so i kept it. if you also want to mute asperity use this:

find . -type f -name "*.h2p" -not -path '*/\.*' -exec sed -i '' -e 's/mnoise=.*/mnoise=-120.00/g' {} \;

drzhnn wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:06 pm I'm in a post covid brainfog situation here, so I'm not sure I completely understand what's going on in this thread, but I edited the default skin and added Tape Hiss, Automute and Asperity controls to the Velvet module. Hope it helps :clown:
where did you find the controls? i used the built-in editor and couldn't find them in the parameter list.
also, VERY cool. Thanks :)

I edited all my presets but will also use this tweak anyway! love it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ploki on Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:10 pm
drzhnn wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:06 pm I'm in a post covid brainfog situation here, so I'm not sure I completely understand what's going on in this thread, but I edited the default skin and added Tape Hiss, Automute and Asperity controls to the Velvet module. Hope it helps :clown:
where did you find the controls? i used the built-in editor and couldn't find them in the parameter list
I just edited the script file in text editor and added these extra lines after line 1056:

CONTROL type='Knob' name='Knob Hiss' bounds='291.00 78.00 36.00 36.00' parent='Pane 1121' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='Knob Hiss' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Knob Hiss' name='graphics' id='1' value='Trimmer'
PROPERTY control='Knob Hiss' name='graphics' id='2' value='none'
PARAMETER control='Knob Hiss' port='Knob Value' module='Velvet' parameter='hiss' valuestring='dbval'

CONTROL type='Label' name='Label Hiss' bounds='289.00 104.00 40.00 12.00' parent='Pane 1121' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='Label Hiss' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Label Hiss' name='colours' id='1' value='FXDelay'
PROPERTY control='Label Hiss' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Label Hiss' name='labeltext' id='0' value='Hiss'

CONTROL type='Knob' name='Knob Mnoise' bounds='291.00 104.00 36.00 36.00' parent='Pane 1121' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='Knob Mnoise' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Knob Mnoise' name='graphics' id='1' value='Trimmer'
PROPERTY control='Knob Mnoise' name='graphics' id='2' value='none'
PARAMETER control='Knob Mnoise' port='Knob Value' module='Velvet' parameter='mnoise' valuestring='dbval'

CONTROL type='Label' name='Label Mnoise' bounds='288.00 128.00 40.00 12.00' parent='Pane 1121' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='Label Mnoise' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Label Mnoise' name='colours' id='1' value='FXDelay'
PROPERTY control='Label Mnoise' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Label Mnoise' name='labeltext' id='0' value='Asp'

CONTROL type='Slider' name='Slider HssMute' bounds='353.00 84.00 20.00 20.00' parent='Pane 1121' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='Slider HssMute' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Slider HssMute' name='colours' id='1' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Slider HssMute' name='colours' id='2' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Slider HssMute' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Slider HssMute' name='graphics' id='1' value='Jumper'
PROPERTY control='Slider HssMute' name='graphics' id='2' value='none'
PARAMETER control='Slider HssMute' port='Slider Value' module='Velvet' parameter='hssmute'
PROPERTY control='Slider HssMute' name='direction' id='0' value='vertical'

CONTROL type='Label' name='Label Hiss' bounds='343.00 104.00 40.00 12.00' parent='Pane 1121' layerMask='1'
PROPERTY control='Label Hiss' name='colours' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Label Hiss' name='colours' id='1' value='FXDelay'
PROPERTY control='Label Hiss' name='graphics' id='0' value='none'
PROPERTY control='Label Hiss' name='labeltext' id='0' value='Mute'

that's wonderful. :)
i should start using text editor more.

Great stuff Ploki and Drzhnn!

Return to “u-he”